Author

Topic: [ANN] [CHC] Chaincoin - Network Upgrade 16.1 - SegWit Activated - page 102. (Read 321645 times)

Activity: 503
Merit: 250
What can this coin do for a holder of it?
It suddenly being pumped and out of nowhere it appears on the top 100 list on coinmarketcap. Of all coin to pump, what special about this coin among the rest that can also be mined by GPU?

if you get masternode you can get 1-2 coins per day

Are you sure about getting 1-2 CHC per day? Because I haven't received any rewards since I set mine up:

- set up my masternode on July 11
- running on windows 10 64
- masternode start: successfully started masternode
- checked masternodelist status: ip confirmed and ENABLED
-my wallet is running the latest version 0.9.2.5

Since July 11,17 I haven't receive one CHC, why?Huh Am I missing something?? hearing people getting coins after another...~!

yes 2 coins per day
have you check your balance with this command "chaincoind getinfo"?

Yes. It's the same balance.

from chaincoin wiki:

11. I started my masternode couple of days ago an I still haven't received any rewards is everything ok ? What should I do?

First check the status of your masternode by typing masternodelist status . If it says enabled it is ok and you will be receiving your reward soon. If it says expired restart the masternode. Rewards are random so sometimes it can take couple of days before you get your first reward. Sometimes you get multiple rewards on the first day and then it takes forever to get next reward. As the number of masternodes grow it takes more time.

I'll see what happens in the next several days, thanks
maybe you could go to https://chc.masternodes.pro/advanced/list and search for your chc address, if you are not in then i would reinstall the whole thing
Activity: 85
Merit: 1
I add some rigs to MRR for C11 Algo. The rigs are currently available for rent.

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/c11?ref=31736

Is it possible to mine with rented rigs directly to personal CHC wallet ? or will miningrigrentals.com pay in BTC ?
anyone know where exactly the wallet.dat file is saved? which folder?

In Windows it's C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Chaincoin

In Linux it's /home/your username/.chaincoin

Those are the default locations.

thanks. but im running my masternode on ubuntu server. paths are different
No it's just a hidden directory.  From the command prompt cd .chaincoin  then ls and you'll see wallet.dat.

I'm using WinSCP is there anyway to unhide the directory?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
It suddenly being pumped and out of nowhere it appears on the top 100 list on coinmarketcap. Of all coin to pump, what special about this coin among the rest that can also be mined by GPU?

Are you sure about getting 1-2 CHC per day? Because I haven't received any rewards since I set mine up:

Since July 11,17 I haven't receive one CHC, why?Huh Am I missing something?? hearing people getting coins after another...~!

yes 2 coins per day

Yes. It's the same balance.

from chaincoin wiki:

11. I started my masternode couple of days ago an I still haven't received any rewards is everything ok ? What should I do?

First check the status of your masternode by typing masternodelist status . If it says enabled it is ok and you will be receiving your reward soon. If it says expired restart the masternode. Rewards are random so sometimes it can take couple of days before you get your first reward. Sometimes you get multiple rewards on the first day and then it takes forever to get next reward. As the number of masternodes grow it takes more time.

I'll see what happens in the next several days, thanks
Activity: 176
Merit: 100

No it's just a hidden directory.  From the command prompt cd .chaincoin  then ls and you'll see wallet.dat.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
I add some rigs to MRR for C11 Algo. The rigs are currently available for rent.

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/c11?ref=31736

yes 2 coins per day
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Always fun to find a block.

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Anyone know of contact info for Lpool.name operator? need help regarding CHC payment, thanks
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins
You can check upcoming changes to the software on GitHub https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin

cheers

thanks for the link , by looking at the dates i see there is no change
Activity: 253
Merit: 101
Can anyone please tell me, if I make a masternode, does it depends number of coins in a wallet for a reward? Or all masternodes receive reward the same?

All masternodes get the same. 

What can almost all of the coins out there do for you? 
Activity: 160
Can anyone please tell me, if I make a masternode, does it depends number of coins in a wallet for a reward? Or all masternodes receive reward the same?
Activity: 253
I finally bought myself a MN. Its up and running now on linux via Vultr. How do I backup my wallet.dat on the linux server so that I can put it on a memory stick?

Connect to your masternode with WinSCP, copy wallet.dat.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello,

I just started to set up a masternode and have a few questions....
(I have used the video guide for a Masternode on Linux at Vultr.com plus the PDF guide from http://www.chaincoin.org/how-to-set-up-masternodes/ for it.)

### General ChainCoin stuff:

1) Is there somewhere a ChainCoin forum or mailing list, where you can find/share help?
Couldn't find anything like that so far, just few single threads in different forums.
...And chaincointeam.slack.com, but that's more a chat stream, not structured or usable to look up previous issues.

2) Is there a FAQ or knowledgebase about ChainCoin and CHC-masternodes somewhere?

3) How do you withdraw chaincoins from a paper wallet / private key?
Usually you can use the currency's desktop or mobile wallet app of this.
But chaincoin doesn't have a mobile wallet app and the desktop wallet doesn't offer a private key input, not even for the key text code.

### ChainCoin masternode related:

4) I've got the masternode setup until the step, where you have to transfer the 1000 coins to it.
This seems bit scary to me, because (from my experience with other linux server software) there are chances that something maybe won't work.
If I realize, that the server (or some functions of it) is not working and I maybe have to repeat the whole installation, is there any chance to get back the 1000 coins from the server without relying on a working server software?

5) The command "chaincoind masternode genkey" creates the masternode wallet private key, which you can use to withdraw the 1000 coins deposit away from the masternode wallet?
This is quite confusing to me, because the command "chaincoind getaccountaddress 0" to get a public key is used before generating the private key.
In my understanding you first need to generate a private key, and then you can derive public keys out of it, not the other way around.
What's wrong with my understanding, or is the mentioned private key not really the wallet key?

6) If the mentioned private key, which is stored at "masternodeprivkey" in ~/.chaincoin/chaincoin.conf is actually the wallet private key, then a hacker could withdraw the deposit if he gets access to chaincoin.conf (on the server or in a backup elsewhere)?
There is not an additional precaution for extra protection, e.g. encryption of the key or file?

7) Are there any other files, which need special protection, especially as part of a backup?

8) The PDF Guide says: "You MUST backup your wallet.dat regularly! Make a plan to back it up to your computer or somewhere secure outside of Vultr.com".
In my understanding there shouldn't be any data which is changing by the time and can't be reconstructed out of the blockchain.
Just the wallet private key (which stays constant) needs to be securely saved, but not on a regular base.
What's wrong with my understanding?

9) Are there any other files or folders, which need regular backup then?

Thanks for answers,
Popanz
Activity: 182

Jump to: