Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Chrono Kings - a game/world Within the Block Chain - page 3. (Read 20662 times)

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
a very early version of "a" prototype is running atm.. on main net

you can add these nodes...

addnode=192.241.222.65
addnode=146.185.131.175

you will need to mine it to get the blocks going (sha256).. it's only a proof of concept but it is virtually fully working.. there are a few issues and we won't be supporting this version... this early prototype isn't very fun, but you can see that the game mechanics are fully possible within this "coin/world"...

we will be improving controls and other things in the next couple of weeks.. removing the infinitely expanding map, and probably adding 2 more colours with different spawn locations..

the finished prototype will have a different name, and it will be a "coin" and basic "game" in itself.. VERY basic game, but "different" than every other "clone coin" out there.. (it will be different than "this" version)..

Windows Binaries (or compile from github) http://www.mediafire.com/folder/zc2kmacth1e1t/Chronokings

____

to mine, something like this in your conf file.. (using your own user/pass)

Code:
rpcuser=xxxxxx
rpcpassword=xxxxxx
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
addnode=192.241.222.65
addnode=146.185.131.175
rpcport=9911
server=1

post an address if you want some coins to play with (no ones mining at this time, so unless someone else is,  it may be a bit useless)

remember this is a very early prototype so there are some bugs and also it is not very "fun"...

to see the game window properly, you really need a full hd monitor..

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

I wonder if there'd be any way to make this MOO-like?
eg, have the virtual world be user-programmable rather than hardcoding the game in the rules.

MOO, is that an acronym for something? 
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Great project, I will give it a try for sure Wink

Wellcome to the new era of crypto{everything}currencies
legendary
legendary
•   Players can specify an address to receive rewards to.. this will be like a guildbank/pool (in a way).. this will allow for better co-operation with other players.
•   Harvesters may have to "transport" their harvests to a "bank" (a tile on the map)... this may/will be dangerous..
legendary
be patient.. maybe it won't work Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Metacoin Enthusiast
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Hopefully you will achieve what you want with the project, good luck!

~Lauda
Metacoin Enthusiast
Changed name - for now... what do you think? (had a mixed reaction so far)

Chrono Kings

We envision the game evolving into a sort of Ruler style world.. i.e. Kings.. over time (hopefully) people will attack/rebel against the king(s)... the Kings will be the owners of the Crown of Fortune and/or Throne of Fortune.

development has started on a basic prototype...

https://github.com/chronokings/chronokings

as for the name of the coins : Chrons? Chronos? Crowns?

May Add: Throne of Fortune - A square of which if a player is on, he will receive X% of Block reward..

I'd like to see some visuals of the game site where the transactions translate onto before naming it, so as to name it appropriately and in a way that is distinctive to what the coin does.

yes sir Smiley

Imagine mining coins with expensive hardware (not many of us have this).. and imagine mining coins manually avoiding death.. man hours will be needed to mine the coins.. of course people may/will make bots.. but from experience, bots are never as good as human players (not including FPS aim type bots).. this may change though.. (obviously it should be FUN)

probably the crown/throne of fortune may receive 10 or 15% each of the block reward.. miners 20% of block reward.. the rest into harvesting  (50%)..

not sure what you mean by visuals of the game site though...

it will be a basic style map.. maybe starting 300 x 300 squares (at the start)... possibly a river (obstacle) running through the centre, with a bridge in the middle...

you click a character(s) and move him/her to the next square.. you (hopefully) will be able to click a square far a way so the client
paths to this square so you can go afk (if the journey takes hours)

The Harvest areas will regenerate every block...

there's a few problems, like : what happens when no more coins are generated (if we did this)... what happens if a miner doesn't process your moves and only his (you will probably die or never catch the crown without a coordinated effort))..

but this is an experiment.. if it explodes, is hacked/exploited on release, don't be angry.. Smiley (we will try our best to prevent this of course)

I share your enthusiasm greatly and I admire the philosophy regardless of how fancy the graphics/gameplay will be. this is a milestone that will lure in entertainment-based crypto for game developers in the future
legendary

Chrono Kings

We envision the game evolving into a sort of Ruler style world.. i.e. Kings.. over time (hopefully) people will attack/rebel against the king(s)... the Kings will be the owners of the Crown of Fortune and/or Throne of Fortune.

May Add: Throne of Fortune - A square of which if a player is on, he will receive X% of Block reward..

I'd like to see some visuals of the game site where the transactions translate onto before naming it, so as to name it appropriately and in a way that is distinctive to what the coin does.

yes sir Smiley

Imagine mining coins with expensive hardware (not many of us have this).. and imagine mining coins manually avoiding death.. man hours will be needed to mine the coins.. of course people may/will make bots.. but from experience, bots are never as good as human players (not including FPS aim type bots).. this may change though.. (obviously it should be FUN)

probably the crown/throne of fortune may receive 10 or 15% each of the block reward.. miners 20% of block reward.. the rest into harvesting  (50%)..

not sure what you mean by visuals of the game site though...

it will be a basic style map.. maybe starting 300 x 300 squares (at the start)... possibly a river (obstacle) running through the centre, with a bridge in the middle...

you click a character(s) and move him/her to the next square.. you (hopefully) will be able to click a square far a way so the client
paths to this square so you can go afk (if the journey takes hours)

The Harvest areas will regenerate every block...

there's a few problems, like : what happens when no more coins are generated (if we did this)... what happens if a miner doesn't process your moves and only his (you will probably die or never catch the crown without a coordinated effort))..

but this is an experiment.. if it explodes, is hacked/exploited on release, don't be angry.. Smiley (we will try our best to prevent this of course)
Metacoin Enthusiast

Chrono Kings

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
This will be interesting.
legendary

Chrono Kings

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
legendary
Anti-scammer idea: Reward miners with game items instead of currency. Then they have to play the game to sell them at all Cheesy

Credit to k9quaint for inspiring this idea.
Code:
I solved a block in MMOCoin, got a Vorpal Sword out of it!

good idea Cheesy

we won't add it... but we could have a treasure chest on the map which spawns a random item in the chest every X blocks..
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Anti-scammer idea: Reward miners with game items instead of currency. Then they have to play the game to sell them at all Cheesy

Credit to k9quaint for inspiring this idea.
Code:
I solved a block in MMOCoin, got a Vorpal Sword out of it!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Expert Computer Geek
nice/\BTC/\robot game coin? ha you got a faucet running yet? when do you list on cryptsushi? lol Cool
Pages:
Jump to: