Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Chrono Kings - a game/world Within the Block Chain - page 5. (Read 20662 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
Would be neat if you could make the game use other cryptocurrencies as currency, instead of having its own (this will prevent the usual pump-and-dump scammers from ruining it)..
Should definitely make it support merged mining so pools can support it.

Before thinking about other currencies, you have to think about something. Is the seperate currency just to be used in game? Or do you want it traded on exchanges. I mean, it will probably make its way to an exchange some way or another, but if your main goal is to facilitate an in game currency, accepting other coins may or may not be a good idea. I've seen many Bitcoin/Litecoin based games, where the dev had a good idea, implemented it well, but as soon as the coin takes off, no one wants to use it in game. I played a few different game servers that managed to integrate Litecoins as ingame currency when they were $.02-.03 each, and it wasn't a problem, but as soon as they hit $.20 each, everything siezed up, and no one played the game anymore, because they didn't want to pay $100 for in game services. Being able to make money in your game by playing could be a huge selling feature, but you want to make sure that the coin value isn't too high, or people will stop using it as the game currency. Of course, you can't say how much the coin is going to be worth, but there are a few things you can do to keep the game's economy fluid.
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mmocoin-idea-for-an-all-in-one-coin-based-on-litecoin-195717

just found this... similar idea (we had talked about it months ago though Cheesy )

BTW, note that while SHA256d has been a great success for POW, none of the other contenders have worked out so far (scrypt is a complete failure as POW).

we aren't sure yet, and are open to suggestions ...

Merge Mining with "this coin" as a secondary chain should work almost out of the box if we kept as sha256.. (i believe)
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
BTW, note that while SHA256d has been a great success for POW, none of the other contenders have worked out so far (scrypt is a complete failure as POW).
legendary
thanks for comments

one of the points of the game is you can play the game at a low cost, but have the chance to get lots of coins (hopefully, who knows what will happen Smiley)

where would the other coins come from?
Other players? But I guess if you want the game mechanics to "print money", this would mean you need its own currency, yes.
legendary
thanks for comments

one of the points of the game is you can play the game at a low cost, but have the chance to get lots of coins (hopefully, who knows what will happen Smiley)

where would the other coins come from?
legendary
Would be neat if you could make the game use other cryptocurrencies as currency, instead of having its own (this will prevent the usual pump-and-dump scammers from ruining it)..

thanks...

this would be more difficult (your first part)...
It would, but I think it'd help your project a lot.

2nd part:
getting a pool to merge mine this coin from the start will be "hard work?", or do you know if it wouldn't Smiley (if we used sha256)..
I can't guarantee it, but I would definitely work to get Eligius mining it. Smiley
Be sure to check out what Freicoin's merged mining plans are.

also, we want to get the coins spread out as much as possible at release (a giveaway will have to be done instantly on launch also).. otherwise only certain players/miners will be in the game (the ones with all the coins), and they will then be able to monopoly even more coins from inside the game..
This is also solved (better) by using external cryptocurrencies.
legendary

thanks...

this would be more difficult (your first part)...

2nd part:
getting a pool to merge mine this coin from the start will be "hard work?", or do you know if it wouldn't Smiley (if we used sha256)..

also, we want to get the coins spread out as much as possible at release (a giveaway will have to be done instantly on launch also).. otherwise only certain players/miners will be in the game (the ones with all the coins), and they will then be able to monopoly even more coins from inside the game..

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Oh hell yes. Cheesy
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I'd love to see this working. Count me in as a beta tester.
legendary

I wonder if there'd be any way to make this MOO-like?
eg, have the virtual world be user-programmable rather than hardcoding the game in the rules.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
Neat idea, I'd be happy to have you in the Alt Currencies section should you decide its worth doing.

edit* The biggest issue people have with new coins is the lack of innovation. Its just lazy if people copy others. Your idea on the otherhand is a new idea, and I'd say a cool one if you had the dev team / knowhow to do it.
legendary
Road map:

ChronoKings v0.1 - proof-of-concept - done (won't be supported) -
https://github.com/chronokings/chronokings
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/zc2kmacth1e1t/Chronokings

HunterCoin - based on the proof-of-concept - RELEASED
RELEASE THREAD https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annhuc-huntercoin-worlds-first-decentralized-gameworld-on-the-blockchain-435170
Source: https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin
Binaries: www.huntercoin.org

Wiki: http://wiki.huntercoin.org/

Chronokings v0.2 - a more advanced MMO-RTS/RPG

Chrono Kings

This will be a decentralized currency/game (mmorpg? mmorts? a new genre?), using Bitcoin-style internal currency. The whole game/world will take place within the block chain using special transactions to denote player moves.

To achieve this, a modified fork of Namecoin will be used (algo currently sha256, but may change later, merge mining may be an option). This coin cannot and will not be used as an alternative to Namecoin. Names will be used as characters/players within the virtual world.

Miners will receive 1 to 40% (TBD) of the Block reward, the rest goes into the game... miners will generate more coins from "taxes"

One of the advantages of Chronokings, is that expensive hardware is not required to receive a decentralized cryptographic secure currency.. teamwork, strategy and time will be the main ways to receive coins.

Notes on basic game details (these are subject to change):

•   The game will be a decentralised tile based MMO game, rpg/rts
•   It will be FFA PVP ruleset (Free For All, Player Vs Player)(or factions)
•   Sandbox, Persistent World.
•   Multiple Races (Orc, Elf, Human etc. will be no advantage, or may be just 1 race but different colours)
•   4 Classes (for now)
  • Warrior
  • Rogue
  • Healer
  • Civilian
•   Built in Messaging System, you can message once per block with your character, all message will (at first) be public.. Global Chat and Local(personal chat) of which the client will display local messages if the player is within x amount of squares distance.
•   Spells/Attacks (probably limited to 3 each). (which will have x block recast)
•   Characters can make one action per block. For example, move one square and/or cast an ability (or speak)
•   Between 30-60 second block time (move time).
•   There will be Harvest areas on the map which grow over time (this will be taken from block reward and/or character cost). These areas will need to be protected from rivals and raiding parties.
•   A single item which gives the player approximately 15% of the block reward per block - The Crown of Fortune (the Ultimate Item)…
•   Create walls (buildings), and destroy them.
•   Control as many characters as you wish (at a cost).
•   Receive a coin when you kill a player (this is taken from the cost of the “dead” character.. e.g. 1 coin).
•   The Map can expand infinitely based on the number of players alive in game.
•   Artefacts – These are rare items (only a few exist, and are never respawned). An example being the Ring of Regeneration, which will regenerate X health points per block.
•   Possibly  Add - Throne of Fortune - 1 Square on the Map of which whomever is on the square receives 15% of Block Reward.. The Ultimate task would be to control both the Crown of Fortune on the Throne of Fortune square.
•   Players can specify an address to receive rewards to.. this will be like a guildbank/pool (in a way).. this will allow for better co-operation with other players.
•   Harvesters may have to "bank" their harvests in a bank (a tile on the map)... this may be dangerous..
•   Rogues may have Invisibility ability (lasts x blocks).. cannot attack while invis
•   Alliances

Why? Fun, Experiment, Different.. Problems? Yes

want to help?
Post here with thoughts or donate:

BTC: 14Wr7DGVqBLgPo4m6AiFwj1eo6aoBcdHLF
NMC: NGHC4FX13fWUse3CYCTEWxybp8H9Y76hQR
Pages:
Jump to: