Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Cinni | Mandatory: Convert your Cinni to Stakecoin. Instuctions posted. - page 48. (Read 739163 times)

legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

ok, i was doing unlock, dumprivkey and import that into a new wallet. The amount it shows now is a slightly different than what the old wallet was showing (less than 1 coin difference) but my missing coins are still not there. Explorer shows them though. Are those coins lost? How did that happen? Is there something else i could try?

yes, i was rescanning it after importing privkey - still nothing. Where did the coins go and why do they not show when they show in the explorer? I don't get it.  

Did you import the change addresses?  These would have been created if you spent the partial amount of one input in a address in the past.  If you open the old wallet.dat and use the coincontrol window you will see these addresses marked as (change) beside the address under the initial deposit they came from.  they can only be seen there using the gui.  Its how bitcoin works when spending part of an amount, it makes two outputs, one to the address with the amount you are spending, and the balance is sent to a "change" address which is hidden from view.  You can check for the change address/es  on the explorer viewing any sends you made from the address/es, if it was a partial spend of input, there will be another address that is yours but not seen in the main wallet view but can still be imported into a new wallet.dat as you will have the privatekey for it.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Seems like a bot is trying to lower the price on Mintapal. Any thoughts? In any case, prices are lower relative to other markets, cheap cinni before codedcaffiene revitalizes it.

i dumped today before traded with mayority of alts below 20k$ cap. Altcoins are dead.

I was pissed when I bought cinni at .00015 and dumped at .00010. Glad I didn't wait too long.

Anyway, altcoins are not dead, just shaking down the prices for top whales to accumulate at rock bottom prices. Although I think we will have fewer relevent coins in the near future. Maybe cinni can be one if it gets back on track. And by back on track I mean with new or newish innovation. I don't think anonymous is the way to go for this coin as many coins are doing it very well. Perhaps transparency is the way to go. There is value in that too.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

That's absolutely fine unless they left without "leaving notice" but never mind yes you are right let's focus on Cinni.

I do understand your frustration though ...
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Seems like a bot is trying to lower the price on Mintapal. Any thoughts? In any case, prices are lower relative to other markets, cheap cinni before codedcaffiene revitalizes it.

i dumped today before traded with mayority of alts below 20k$ cap. Altcoins are dead.
Activity: 14
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
shitcoin of magnitude.
I lost about 20% of my balance to the nirvana. Blockexplorer shows it is there but my wallet shows it not.
So how do i get my coins back from nirvana?

Use cmd than CinniCoin-qt.exe -rescan

you won't loose any coin

is good to use also Cinnicoin wallet/help/debug window/Console

type

repairwallet

isn't that complicate it is unbelievable SIMPLE  

repairwallet and rescan afterwards didn't solve it

dumpprivkey for each address you own that has a balance, pay attention to change addresses you might have. delete wallet.dat (backup first, and rename it old).  importprivkey to the new wallet.dat.  it will take a moment to import each address.  restart the wallet with -rescan.  your wallet will be showing the correct amount.

dont ever use salvagewallet, its meant to be used as a last ditch attempt to retreive a corrupted wallet.dat because of power failure/bad write etc.

Use repairwallet in console everytime before sending/spending cinni and after staking to prevent the stuck transactions from happening, it takes just a few seconds and corrects the wallet balance after PoS.  Stuck transactions occur because PoS gives the wrong number back to wallet sometimes and so it tries to spend from inputs that dont exist.  repairwallet is a workaround to prevent this.  

dumpprivkey gives me out "Private key for adress [myadress] is not known "

so what do i do now?

you might be entering it wrong.  also the wallet should be unlocked, then enter
dumpprivkey
in console for each address in turn.

after restarting with new wallet.dat, enter in console
importprivkey [giveitanameornot]
for each privatekey you want in this new wallet.dat

parameters in brackets are optional, if you only have one privatekey to import, you can tack on rescan=true to importprivkey and it will rescan without the need to restart the wallet.  more then one privatekey its simpler to import them all, then restart the CinniCoin-qt.exe with -rescan using CMD or a shortcut with that added.

ok, i was doing unlock, dumprivkey and import that into a new wallet. The amount it shows now is a slightly different than what the old wallet was showing (less than 1 coin difference) but my missing coins are still not there. Explorer shows them though. Are those coins lost? How did that happen? Is there something else i could try?

yes, i was rescanning it after importing privkey - still nothing. Where did the coins go and why do they not show when they show in the explorer? I don't get it.  
i didn't unlock. Trying now. Thanks for guidance.
legendary
shitcoin of magnitude.
I lost about 20% of my balance to the nirvana. Blockexplorer shows it is there but my wallet shows it not.

you won't loose any coin

type

repairwallet

dumpprivkey for each address you own that has a balance, pay attention to change addresses you might have. delete wallet.dat (backup first, and rename it old).  importprivkey to the new wallet.dat.  it will take a moment to import each address.  restart the wallet with -rescan.  your wallet will be showing the correct amount.

dont ever use salvagewallet, its meant to be used as a last ditch attempt to retreive a corrupted wallet.dat because of power failure/bad write etc.

Use repairwallet in console everytime before sending/spending cinni and after staking to prevent the stuck transactions from happening, it takes just a few seconds and corrects the wallet balance after PoS.  Stuck transactions occur because PoS gives the wrong number back to wallet sometimes and so it tries to spend from inputs that dont exist.  repairwallet is a workaround to prevent this.  

so what do i do now?

you might be entering it wrong.  also the wallet should be unlocked, then enter
dumpprivkey
in console for each address in turn.

after restarting with new wallet.dat, enter in console
importprivkey [giveitanameornot]
for each privatekey you want in this new wallet.dat

parameters in brackets are optional, if you only have one privatekey to import, you can tack on rescan=true to importprivkey and it will rescan without the need to restart the wallet.  more then one privatekey its simpler to import them all, then restart the CinniCoin-qt.exe with -rescan using CMD or a shortcut with that added.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
shitcoin of magnitude.

you won't loose any coin

type

repairwallet

so what do i do now?

Did you unlock you wallet? Walletpassphrase xxx 9999 then try the dumpprivkey command.
shitcoin of magnitude.

you won't loose any coin

type

repairwallet

so what do i do now?
Activity: 336
This coin is sending really mixed signals...

Why would you pay a .5 BTC bounty for a stupid logo if the coin is most likely dead?

But at the same time, dev is inactive on the forum, IRC is dead. Doesn't look like anybody's doing anything. No leadership. Github dead.

Not sure what to think really. Where is the Bounty money coming from ?
Cinni isn't dead.
Also I will do something soon that will be really good. Hold your coins please.
Smiley
Cheers
Activity: 377
DON'T INVOLVE ME IN EVIL NAMES. BYE

Why would you pay a .5 BTC bounty for a stupid logo if the coin is most likely dead?

But at the same time, dev is inactive on the forum, IRC is dead. Doesn't look like anybody's doing anything. No leadership. Github dead.

Cinni isn't dead.
Also I will do something soon that will be really good. Hold your coins please.
Activity: 324

Activity: 336
The "wallet withdrawal issues" are strange because they seem to happen with multiple coins when mintpal and others have no problems.

That could be explained if Mintpal wasn't staking and Cryptsy was Smiley

From my understanding the dev you are complaining about did a great job with CINNI on the project he was hired to do. Without him we would not have our EM platform to build upon.

Agreed. Rynomster did an excellent job while he was here and for whatever reasons he decided to move on. Deal with it like you would when people switch jobs in every day life.

Lets focus on CINNI and not be negative to other coins/developers.

+1

That's absolutely fine unless they left without "leaving notice" but never mind yes you are right let's focus on Cinni.
The "wallet withdrawal issues" are strange because they seem to happen with multiple coins when mintpal and others have no problems.

That could be explained if Mintpal wasn't staking and Cryptsy was Smiley

From my understanding the dev you are complaining about did a great job with CINNI on the project he was hired to do. Without him we would not have our EM platform to build upon.

Agreed. Rynomster did an excellent job while he was here and for whatever reasons he decided to move on. Deal with it like you would when people switch jobs in every day life.

Lets focus on CINNI and not be negative to other coins/developers.

+1
Activity: 11
Can anyone explain to me why Cinnicoin's anon transactions are different than darkcoin?
Please leave the rate at 3.5%, if anything it should be changed to 2% Smiley
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Cinni blockchain updated bootstrap.dat file at
Block 556780 Aug 11, 2014 16:22:51 UTC
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1w03lkcbqe0d42l/bootstrap.dat
or simply bootstrap.cinniblock.com
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
codecaffeinecode,
thank you for the work you are doing about privacy / anon, you're already doing a review of the source code to fix some bugs, I suggest you to replace the xmmintrin.h library with a more standard, in this way, the source code can also be compiled on embedded systems, cpu and systems with low power consumption and also ARM processors, so, Cinni wallet you can install on many more architectures even if you do not support SSE like others cryptocurrencies today.
legendary
shitcoin of magnitude.

you won't loose any coin

type

repairwallet

rescan didn't solve it. Salvage wallet also not - salvage wallet just corrupted it. I will try repairwallet in console later today. Thanks for advice.

Use repairwallet in console everytime before sending/spending cinni and after staking to prevent the stuck transactions from happening, it takes just a few seconds and corrects the wallet balance after PoS.  Stuck transactions occur because PoS gives the wrong number back to wallet sometimes and so it tries to spend from inputs that dont exist.  repairwallet is a workaround to prevent this. 
Pages:
Jump to: