Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CoinGecko.com - 360 Degree Cryptocurrency Valuation and Ranking - page 18. (Read 87998 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
CoinGecko is the best valuation and ranking website I've known so far.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I like the ranking on the  CoinGecko.
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
Hi bobster,

I got to say, coingecko is plain awesome to get an insight into cryptos. I keep recommending it everywhere.

Anyways, I got a question. The development points are calculated from github stats only, but we at the darkcoin team use in addition for publishing the code at github a jira instance to tack bugs
http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-67?jql=project%20%3D%20DRK which is where the main activity is happening. Is there any chance to include these stats?

Hi vertoe, thank you for the link. I had a look at it and we will see what we can do about integrating the issue stats. Is there an API where we can get Total Issues and Closed Issues? We will need these two stats to integrate it into our site. Github API gave us those two stats. Thanks.
Activity: 518
Merit: 505
Hi bobster,

I got to say, coingecko is plain awesome to get an insight into cryptos. I keep recommending it everywhere.

Anyways, I got a question. The development points are calculated from github stats only, but we at the darkcoin team use in addition for publishing the code at github a jira instance to tack bugs
http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-67?jql=project%20%3D%20DRK which is where the main activity is happening. Is there any chance to include these stats?
Suddenly realised, not sure if you pull data from wallet software, but if you do then please note that there's an upcoming Dogecoin hardfork and the 1.8 client is a required update as of block 371,337 (est. 11th September). Full details at http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/2eze95/update_all_your_wallets_before_block_371337_links/

Hi rnicoll, thank you for the info. We do not pull wallet software data yet but this is still useful.  We are exploring ways to get these data so possibly in the future we can add wallet software data as well Smiley
Add bitQuark.  Good things going on over there and it's a long term coin for miners.

Hi DannyTom, we have added bitQuark to our queue list. We have a long queue but we will get there eventually Smiley
Merit: 110
Suddenly realised, not sure if you pull data from wallet software, but if you do then please note that there's an upcoming Dogecoin hardfork and the 1.8 client is a required update as of block 371,337 (est. 11th September). Full details at http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/2eze95/update_all_your_wallets_before_block_371337_links/
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Add bitQuark.  Good things going on over there and it's a long term coin for miners.
Hi guys,

Just a quick update. We have added a bunch of other coins to CoinGecko in recent weeks:

Blucoin (BLU), Bitbar (BTB), Mincoin (MNC), Monacoin (MONA), Stellar (STR), Virtacoin (VTA), Pinkcoin (PC), Saffroncoin (SFR), Librexcoin (LXC), IOCoin (IOC), Qibuck (QBK), Freshcoin (FRSH), Cannabiscoin (CANN), Earthcoin (EAC), Viacoin (VIA), BitcoinDark (BTCD)

We also had an exclusive interview with Cryptocoinsnews:
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/coingecko-exclusive-interview-bobby-ong-talks-altcoins/2014/08/29

Keep the suggestions coming along. We now have 86 coins on our rank and actively adding more coins. It won't be long before we hit the magic number 100!
We also have 2 new metrics coming up real soon so stay tuned and we have more metrics to help you get a better evaluation of all your cryptocurrencies Cheesy

Thank you for your support. We are truly humbled to have come this far!

Cheers,
Bobby
Just a quick update. In the past few days, we have added the following coins:

We are now up to 71 coins on the rank. We have definitely come a long way since we started with only 20 coins. Another 29 coins before we hit the century milestone! Thank you all for the support Smiley
will you also list more coins later? i can see it only provide 60.

Yes. We are adding a few new coins each week. We started with only 20 and expanding our list every week. Keep checking back for more coins Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1018
will you also list more coins later? i can see it only provide 60.

For development, NXT obviously fares very badly because a lot of things are not being captured via bitbucket. We did our best to integrate bitbucket (NXT is the ONLY coin on bitbucket and we wrote custom code to cater for NXT).

i also want to point out that the most recent developments of Nxt are kept in a private repository accessible only to the core devs. So definitely the figure for developments does look depressing lol

We obviously can't track private repositories though I am looking forward to hearing what is coming up in the following weeks and months from NXT. I'm sure it will be exciting Smiley
Activity: 155

For development, NXT obviously fares very badly because a lot of things are not being captured via bitbucket. We did our best to integrate bitbucket (NXT is the ONLY coin on bitbucket and we wrote custom code to cater for NXT).

i also want to point out that the most recent developments of Nxt are kept in a private repository accessible only to the core devs. So definitely the figure for developments does look depressing lol
Our long term plan is to include the numbers you highlighted but we are finding it hard to go to every single coin forums and getting these numbers. There does not seem to be one standard way to get the numbers from all the coin forums so this is pretty challenging on our side. I have to agree with you though that these numbers are very important and is something that we very much want to track.

Thanks Bobster. Is there anything that can be done as a stop gap in the meantime?

Just a single entry to take nxtfroum into account (that doesn't autoupdate) would be fine for now, as Nxt is getting killed in the 'community' stakes (38! WTF! You're making us look bad Cheesy). People are likely to be mislead.

I think it is fair to say we have one of the top 2 most active communities after bitcoin that has endured months (== years in crytpo  Grin) and due to the modular nature of Nxt, we have more active devs than Bitcoin. We should be #1 in the community rankings Cheesy

Thanks  Grin

Hi Daedelus, thank you for all the information that you provided! Don't look at the absolute number 38 - look at it instead at the relative ranks for NXT in which case NXT is currently ranked #11 overall, #10 for community, #21 for developer and #8 for liquidity. The relative rank is more important than the absolute number that you see.

I'm sorry 38 looks really bad although I have been following NXT for a very long time and I know what you guys are doing. Let me try to explain our current methodology and how NXT can improve.

For community, we only measure Reddit activity, Twitter followers and Facebook Likes at the time being. Reddit activity (Reddit subscribers, new hot posts, comments, online users) is the biggest measure in this sections compared to Facebook and Twitter.  We use Reddit mainly as our Reddit measurements are on a deeper level and is less subject to manipulation compared to Facebook Likes and Twitter followers.

You pointed our very rightly that most of NXT discussions is happening in the forums. We would love to take into account the forum numbers that you provided but unfortunately we cannot just take non-autoupdate numbers for NXT because whatever measure we take must be fair for all coins and our bots+algorithm must work on all forums. Unfortunately that is a huge task for us at the time being. Also, taking non-autoupdate numbers will be a maintenance nightmare for us in the future. Imagine doing that for ALL coins and more!

For development, NXT obviously fares very badly because a lot of things are not being captured via bitbucket. We did our best to integrate bitbucket (NXT is the ONLY coin on bitbucket and we wrote custom code to cater for NXT). However not all info is perfectly available on bitbucket compared to Github. Let me know if you move to Github and I will point our bot to obtain the new info.

As for liquidity, we are only capturing centralised exchanges volume now. Our trading volume data shows that NXT has 143BTC in trading volume now, which is about USD90k and is roughly similar to what coinmarketcap is reporting. We will be keeping a lookout on the development of decentralised exchanges and will see how we can include it in the future - if we implement decentralised exchange volume for NXT, we must also include the other coins' decentralised exchanges as well so we will have to do some research into ALL available decentralised exchanges.

Thank you for your feedback. If you have more questions or feedback, feel free to email me at [email protected]
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
RE: Nxt github / bitbucket

Github used to be used but we needed to give access to more devs. I think they reviewed the free options (devs didn't want to use credit card) and bitbucket was deemed better for their needs. There was talk of moving back on the forums.

Thanks
Final one then I will stop bothering you  Grin

Nxt will perform worse and worse under your measure of liquidity, as you only take into account central exchanges. Nxt is moving towards decentralised exchanges for none fiat trading through its Multigateway, see www.multigateway.com. This trades Nxt/Other coin without the need for Bter, Mintpal etc.

You can contact jl777 on nxtforum if you wish, to discuss how this could be integrated into your stats.

Also, Nxt is not only used to buy other cryptos. You also buy assets, which add to the liquidity as Nxt is changing hands. JLH (jl777hodl) is a Nxt asset that is traded on poloniex and the Asset Exchange usually has 30-60% of the 24hr volume on coinmarketcap.com (You can view the AE volume here >>> http://nxtreporting.com/assetcap.php and I think there are APIs for it if you want to plug it into your volume calcs)

For any help with this, you can contact cc001 at https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/nxtreporting-com-the-nxt-asset-exchange-portfolio-manager/

Thanks  Grin
Our long term plan is to include the numbers you highlighted but we are finding it hard to go to every single coin forums and getting these numbers. There does not seem to be one standard way to get the numbers from all the coin forums so this is pretty challenging on our side. I have to agree with you though that these numbers are very important and is something that we very much want to track.

Thanks Bobster. Is there anything that can be done as a stop gap in the meantime?

Just a single entry to take nxtfroum into account (that doesn't autoupdate) would be fine for now, as Nxt is getting killed in the 'community' stakes (38! WTF! You're making us look bad Cheesy). People are likely to be mislead.

I think it is fair to say we have one of the top 2 most active communities after bitcoin that has endured months (== years in crytpo  Grin) and due to the modular nature of Nxt, we have more active devs than Bitcoin. We should be #1 in the community rankings Cheesy

Thanks  Grin
Activity: 168
This is an awesome feature and idea. We are planning to launch around this Saturday, and would love to featured on your site when we do. Keep an Eye out for Greenbacks (GB): A Complete Way To Pay!
Hi guys!

We have been working really hard on CoinGecko the past few weeks that we didn't have much time to tell all you folks here what we have been up to. Here are some things that have been keeping us busy since my last update:

1. We finally got ourselves a gecko mascot and logo! Don't you think the gecko looks really cute?

2. We have launched our price ticker widgets for all cryptocurrencies and currency pairs which we support. Here is an example of Dogecoin-BTC price ticker widget: http://www.coingecko.com/widgets/ticker/dogecoin/btc

If you dig NXT or Reddcoin or Darkcoin or Blackcoin, we have them all! Give it a go and embed the code on your blog to keep your readers updated with the latest coin price!

3. We added a page with the breakdown of all the trading exchanges volume. This is an example for Bitcoin trading exchanges volume: http://www.coingecko.com/coins/bitcoin/trading_exchanges
We also did some under-the-hood improvements to our coin pricing data with this update.

4. We added 24 hours High and Low for our dashboard coins. We also made a slight revamp on our coin info page. Example: Myriadcoin http://www.coingecko.com/coins/myriadcoin

5. We wrote a short guide on Understanding our Developer Metrics to help non-technical people understand what Stars, Commits etc mean. http://blog.coingecko.com/coingecko-developer-metrics/

6. We added more coins of course! We are now up to 63 coins and you can be sure we will be adding more coins each week.

That's it from us this time round. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @coingecko! Say hi to us there. Thank you Smiley

Cheers,
Bobby & TM
Your friendly Gecko developers

Pages:
Jump to: