Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CoinGecko.com - 360 Degree Cryptocurrency Valuation and Ranking - page 19. (Read 87998 times)

Activity: 199
Merit: 100
Thanks Bobster  Grin

I have also compiled a list of Nxt core devs >>>> https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/list-of-github-bitbucket-contributers-for-nxt/

jean-luc is just one of our core devs. Maybe consider adding a couple others if possible?

wesley for his wallet and jl777 for the Multigateway and NxtServices should be in as a minimum I feel  Grin

That list you compiled looks good! Currently our algorithm computes only development work done on the core coin protocol on Github/Bitbucket and we have not gone to the developer ecosystem to track how much development is being done by other developers to support the coin. I will take note of this list once we start tracking beyond core source code.

Btw why is NXT source code hosted on Bitbucket? All other coins are on Github - we wrote custom code for Bitbucket to support NXT in CoinGecko! I'm sure if you guys host it on Github you will receive more Stars, Watches etc from the developer community.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Thanks Bobster  Grin

I have also compiled a list of Nxt core devs >>>> https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/list-of-github-bitbucket-contributers-for-nxt/

jean-luc is just one of our core devs. Maybe consider adding a couple others if possible?

wesley for his wallet and jl777 for the Multigateway and NxtServices should be in as a minimum I feel  Grin

vbecas and btc2nxt are the developers for Nxt Automated Transations (trustless transactions, turing complete scripting) that is going through testing as we speak, but I'm not sure they commit any changes they make at the moment

Thanks  Grin
CCEDK.com has just added Nxt last Friday. It has gateways to 7 fiat currencies so I expect that it will become the No.1 exchange for Nxt in the near future.

That sounds like a great development for NXT! We will monitor it closely.
CCEDK.com has just added Nxt last Friday. It has gateways to 7 fiat currencies so I expect that it will become the No.1 exchange for Nxt in the near future.
Hi Bobster,

Nxt has 95% of its activity on nxtforum.org. If you go there, there will be 100-150 people online at any one time (scroll to the very bottom of the frontpage of nxtforum.org to see). It is currently at 134 and it is like this day after day. In the 108 days that the forum has been open, there has been an average of 550 posts per day. Can you reflect this in your stats? We don't really use Reddit so your website isn't capturing the big picture, Nxt has a HUGE community.

The bitcointalk page you have listed isn't our main one. It was the announcement page started by BCNext but we switched to a different one after he went offline as we obviously couldn't edit the OP any longer. This page can be found here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nxt-descendant-of-bitcoin-updated-information-345619 It is 2672 pages long and is the biggest thread in the alternative crypto subforum. And this isn't reflected on your website either  Grin It was closed when we switched to nxtforum and then we relaunched here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nxt-blockchain-platform-proof-of-stake-official-587007 and the page currently has 213 pages. This is just for promotion though, everything happens on nxtforum and the first thread is the true bitcointalk thread for when Nxt was on bitcointalk.

Can add these bits to give a fuller picture?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks  Grin

Hi Daedelus, sorry for the late reply. I have updated the NXT bitcointalk forum thread to the one you suggested with 2672 pages. It is indeed a VERY huge thread! We hear what you are saying with discussions now taking place in nxtforum.org and no longer on bitcointalk forum. I can see the user numbers and forum posting numbers very high on nxtforum.

Our long term plan is to include the numbers you highlighted but we are finding it hard to go to every single coin forums and getting these numbers. There does not seem to be one standard way to get the numbers from all the coin forums so this is pretty challenging on our side. I have to agree with you though that these numbers are very important and is something that we very much want to track.

Thank you very much for the feedback. Let us know if you have more suggestions Cheesy
Hi Bobster,

Nxt has 95% of its activity on nxtforum.org. If you go there, there will be 100-150 people online at any one time (scroll to the very bottom of the frontpage of nxtforum.org to see). It is currently at 134 and it is like this day after day. In the 108 days that the forum has been open, there has been an average of 550 posts per day. Can you reflect this in your stats? We don't really use Reddit so your website isn't capturing the big picture, Nxt has a HUGE community.

The bitcointalk page you have listed isn't our main one. It was the announcement page started by BCNext but we switched to a different one after he went offline as we obviously couldn't edit the OP any longer. This page can be found here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nxt-descendant-of-bitcoin-updated-information-345619 It is 2672 pages long and is the biggest thread in the alternative crypto subforum. And this isn't reflected on your website either  Grin It was closed when we switched to nxtforum and then we relaunched here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nxt-blockchain-platform-proof-of-stake-official-587007 and the page currently has 213 pages. This is just for promotion though, everything happens on nxtforum and the first thread is the true bitcointalk thread for when Nxt was on bitcointalk.

Can add these bits to give a fuller picture?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks  Grin
We are featured on Bitcoin Magazine! Go take a read: http://bitcoinmagazine.com/13652/coingecko-buy-sell-hold/

This screenshot is the most epic attention grabbing feature we ever see on Bitcoin Magazine!

Love the site (and only partly because the coin I work on is currently #2), but noticed something in the dev statistics. Commits for Dogecoin show at 0.0 as average over 4 weeks. We're committing work, so trying to work out if this is because commits via pull request are not counted, or perhaps are you only counting commits to the "master" (whereas we're working in branches)?

Hi rnicoll, thank you for noticing these points. At the moment we are using the Github API that tracks the "master" branch. We may have stumbled onto a  bug here where the pull request commits are not counted. Thank you for pointing this out. We will be fixing this. Also, you brought up a good point for us to possibly start tracking development in other branches as most work goes on the branches. Thanks!
Hi guys, here are some updates on what we did:

1. We added 8 new coins to CoinGecko:
    Myriadcoin (May 18 )
    Franko (May 19)
    Libertycoin (May 20)
    Cinni (May 26)
    Monero (May 26)
    Asiacoin (June 1)
    Groestlcoin (June 1)
    Globalboost (June 1)

With the addition of these new coins, we now track 50 coins!

2. We have calculated the estimated hardware cost required to launch a 51% attack on a coin. With this new measure we can see how strong the network protecting a particular coin is.

3. We have added the number of Closed Issues and average number of code commits under the Developer section.

4. The past 2 weeks have also seen CoinGecko featured on several publications such as DC Magnates, Bitcoin Weekly, Altcoins Trader and Altcoin Speculation.

Thank you for the support!
Merit: 110
Love the site (and only partly because the coin I work on is currently #2), but noticed something in the dev statistics. Commits for Dogecoin show at 0.0 as average over 4 weeks. We're committing work, so trying to work out if this is because commits via pull request are not counted, or perhaps are you only counting commits to the "master" (whereas we're working in branches)?
Hi guys,

This week we added the average number of online Reddit subscribers for a coin's subreddit. We added this to prevent coins from manipulating our metrics by buying fake Reddit subscribers. If a coin has a large Reddit subscriber base but very low average number of new posts, comments and online users, there is a high likelihood that these subscribers are fake.

It is just a one-liner on our main page but a lot of thought and effort went into producing this one line with the man icon.

We also added 7 new coins to CoinGecko:
- Hobonickels (May 11)
- Whitecoin (May 14)
- Mazacoin (May 14)
- Gridcoin (May 16)
- Digibyte (May 16)
- Nautiluscoin (May 16)
- Ultracoin (May 17)

This week we also appeared on the front page of the Dogecoin subreddit. Go check out what the shibes have to say about us: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/25gjat/good_news_shibes_we_just_passed_litecoin_on/

Cheers,
Bobby
We agree that we need to prioritize Quality over Quantity. We are still fairly new and actively pushing updates to improve our methodology.
Btw how do you find out there are over 300 Darkcoin copy/scam coins? Might be a good indicator for us to use.
You kind of can't know how many copy/scam coins there are. All you can do is to look at the altcoin section here and watch for new releases.
Well I can give you some advice on improving some scores that need to be adjusted.  Wink

Ah 300's just a hypothetical value haha Wink I thought you found a crystalball by knowing all the forked clones/scams of coins haha.
Yea do let us know how we can improve. We are always looking for suggestions on improving Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
We agree that we need to prioritize Quality over Quantity. We are still fairly new and actively pushing updates to improve our methodology.
Btw how do you find out there are over 300 Darkcoin copy/scam coins? Might be a good indicator for us to use.
You kind of can't know how many copy/scam coins there are. All you can do is to look at the altcoin section here and watch for new releases.
Well I can give you some advice on improving some scores that need to be adjusted.  Wink
We are just reading the statistics of Darkcoin available from their official Github open-source code repository here:
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin
Not many other developers Watching or Starring this repo compared to Dogecoin.

We are aware that Darkcoin is the first fully anonymous coin. We are working on capturing data on these Technical Innovation on CoinGecko soon.
Thanks for the feedback Smiley
You should prioritize Quality versus Quantity. Many developers are involved in Dogecoin repository because of their community, and that should increase their community score overall.
What Darkcoin offers is way better than 95-99% of the coins on the market in my opinion (mostly because we have over 300 copy/scam coins).

Would like to see Franko and Aiden added

Hi defaced, we have added Franko and Aiden to our coin to-add list. Stay tuned Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
We are just reading the statistics of Darkcoin available from their official Github open-source code repository here:
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin
Not many other developers Watching or Starring this repo compared to Dogecoin.

We are aware that Darkcoin is the first fully anonymous coin. We are working on capturing data on these Technical Innovation on CoinGecko soon.
Thanks for the feedback Smiley
You should prioritize Quality versus Quantity. Many developers are involved in Dogecoin repository because of their community, and that should increase their community score overall.
What Darkcoin offers is way better than 95-99% of the coins on the market in my opinion (mostly because we have over 300 copy/scam coins).
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
Would like to see Franko and Aiden added
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Thanks, darkcoin is one of the most innovative coins around, and deserves recognition.
Pages:
Jump to: