Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 181. (Read 444040 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 0
from where i can download binary?
Activity: 231
Merit: 150
I've noticed some of the lesser known algos are having some problems since v3.1.

If any users find problems with algos that are listed as supported please report and
retest with v3.0.7.

Checking in: I tested v3.1 & 3.1.1 on 4 different rigs, some still using 3.0.2 others was using 3.07.
I'm seeing a great deal more rejects with v3.1/.1 on x11 and is the only algo I've tested.
I'm back on the older versions for now, will test newer release as soon as I can find some time.
3.02/3.0.7 only maybe 10 rejects out of 100,000 3.1/.1 somewhere between 8 to 20% rejects.

Oh & hash was just a tad lower than v3.02/.07 on x11.

Thanks for testing.

This is SSE2 right?

I have noticed some rejects at startup somretimes but then things settle down. Do the rejects affects the
hash rate at the pool?

Things are settling down a bit so I will do a thorough performance test to find the best release.
There are also some regressions that need to be fixed.

My availability will be limited as I just bought a new PC and having problems with it.

No was all AES. Not sure on the pool hash rate I didn't have much time here lately to take notes of much else.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
skip the 15.10, for me its not very ... finished, and the 16.04 LTS will come soon

True: go LTS for less maintenance and less issues (if you don't need to be on the edge).

I went with LTS. Mint update frequency is not nearly as high as Fedora (don't know about ubuntu)
but they do release critical updates promptly. I rfound Fedora annoying with their update
frequency, especially the kernel which requires a reboot.

So far i have nothing to complain about with Mint. All the software I use is available and the Mate
desktop is configurable just the way I like it, I prefer it over Cinnamon.

Well, mint is based on debian just as ubuntu and the two distributions have more than that in common.
On a side note, I was wondering if there is a noticeable difference in hashing speed when using different gcc versions like 4.8, 4.9 or 5.0.

More precisely mint is based on ubuntu which is based on debian, LMDE is based directly on debian.

Inconclusive on the performance. I'm gettting lower hashrates on cryptonight but it's not accross
all threads. Previously I would get 4 threads at a significantly higher speed than the other 4. Now
I get all 8 threads at the lower speed. Lost 30% performance. Doesn't look like a compiler issue.
Sent a PM to Wolf0 as his cryptonight is the only one with the two speed hashrates.

ccminer compiles and works fine. Real nice not to have to mess around getting the nvidia drivers working.
I've now retrofitted my older machine, just as easy. I continue to be impressed how well mint works out of
the box.

I know I'm starting to sound like a shill.

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
skip the 15.10, for me its not very ... finished, and the 16.04 LTS will come soon

True: go LTS for less maintenance and less issues (if you don't need to be on the edge).

I went with LTS. Mint update frequency is not nearly as high as Fedora (don't know about ubuntu)
but they do release critical updates promptly. I rfound Fedora annoying with their update

So far i have nothing to complain about with Mint. All the software I use is available and the Mate

Well, mint is based on debian just as ubuntu and the two distributions have more than that in common.
On a side note, I was wondering if there is a noticeable difference in hashing speed when using different gcc versions like 4.8, 4.9 or 5.0.
legendary

legendary
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Does mint finally have release upgrades?
Personally I'd go with ubuntu + lxde.
I have some pcs and servers which did more than 6 release upgrades with only minor issues (if any).
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Back online after a nightmare. Good thing I had backups.

Bought a new build PC and the migration was a nightmare. The end result is Fedora is out, Mint is in.
No messing with blacklisting nouveau, one click to install Nvidia drivers and good to go. No messing with
repos to get useful packages, everything is already installed. And it comes with mate desktop.

The only advantage Fedora had was its handy services configuration gui, but that's gone now. so goodbye.

negativo17 has his repos for ALL nvidia and ALL cuda installs with a whole heap of other apps to be installed in fedora 23 as a simple dnf call ...

its the repo i use ... amongst a couple of others ...

mint is nice as a basic os - and i guess in the environment you are working with - that could be a good thing ...

fedora 24 is destined to be a much more streamlined os - at least thats their intention ... released in a few months ...

pity it was a nightmare for you mate ... but glad you got it all running well with the new os and desktop ...

#crysx

I found the negativo repos but passed them over. I was constantly taking steps back. I never could get
fedora to work. I got centos working the first time but performance was poor. I reinstalled and couldn't
login with a desktop after installing the nvidia drivers. The next time the Nvidia driver install failed...
And along the way i nuked the system partition on my current system trying to write a USB image.
I'm sure i said sdd, not sdb.

Fortunately after restoring the home dir from backups everything was as it was, phew.

I had been eying mint for a long time because I liked it much better than Ubuntu. It's a better Ubuntu
with a better attitude, no forcing new desktops on users. Like I said th eonly thing that kept me from
switching earlier was the services config gui.

Now my other PCs get the trickle down effect and at some point will be another mining rig, just in time
for Pascal.

sounds good ...

when i get the next move sorted - and i can settle in for at least a year - ill start a new test system and install it ...

i really need to get a handle on a debian based distro - as well as brush up on my linux servers ...

the last servers i dealt with were scientific linux 6 x64 - all my internal servers run on them ... but will be changing them to centos soon ... this will be an added bonus as the project im working on to optimize the miner density as well as functionality relies on centos 7 os also - so it will be easy for me to change the format and create distribution templates for the gmine ( granite mine - the new grid solution im working on ) ...

anyway - im glad you got it all functional and running ... its always a good thing to have 'stuff just work' ...

#crysx
legendary

Bought a new build PC and the migration was a nightmare. The end result is Fedora is out, Mint is in.
No messing with blacklisting nouveau, one click to install Nvidia drivers and good to go. No messing with
repos to get useful packages, everything is already installed. And it comes with mate desktop.

The only advantage Fedora had was its handy services configuration gui, but that's gone now. so goodbye.

negativo17 has his repos for ALL nvidia and ALL cuda installs with a whole heap of other apps to be installed in fedora 23 as a simple dnf call ...

mint is nice as a basic os - and i guess in the environment you are working with - that could be a good thing ...

fedora 24 is destined to be a much more streamlined os - at least thats their intention ... released in a few months ...

pity it was a nightmare for you mate ... but glad you got it all running well with the new os and desktop ...

#crysx

I found the negativo repos but passed them over. I was constantly taking steps back. I never could get
fedora to work. I got centos working the first time but performance was poor. I reinstalled and couldn't
login with a desktop after installing the nvidia drivers. The next time the Nvidia driver install failed...
And along the way i nuked the system partition on my current system trying to write a USB image.
I'm sure i said sdd, not sdb.

Fortunately after restoring the home dir from backups everything was as it was, phew.

I had been eying mint for a long time because I liked it much better than Ubuntu. It's a better Ubuntu
with a better attitude, no forcing new desktops on users. Like I said th eonly thing that kept me from
switching earlier was the services config gui.

Now my other PCs get the trickle down effect and at some point will be another mining rig, just in time
for Pascal.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

#crysx
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
To check for blake32 :

https://github.com/alexis78/ccminer/blob/windows/Algo256/blake256.cu

Maybe that can be reused in cpuminer, curious to see the difference
legendary
I've noticed some of the lesser known algos are having some problems since v3.1.

If any users find problems with algos that are listed as supported please report and
retest with v3.0.7.

Checking in: I tested v3.1 & 3.1.1 on 4 different rigs, some still using 3.0.2 others was using 3.07.
I'm seeing a great deal more rejects with v3.1/.1 on x11 and is the only algo I've tested.
I'm back on the older versions for now, will test newer release as soon as I can find some time.
3.02/3.0.7 only maybe 10 rejects out of 100,000 3.1/.1 somewhere between 8 to 20% rejects.

Thanks for testing.

This is SSE2 right?

I have noticed some rejects at startup somretimes but then things settle down. Do the rejects affects the
hash rate at the pool?

Things are settling down a bit so I will do a thorough performance test to find the best release.
There are also some regressions that need to be fixed.

My availability will be limited as I just bought a new PC and having problems with it.
Activity: 231
Merit: 150

retest with v3.0.7.

legendary
Black Belt Developer
I can confirm [the algo gate version] works on SSE2 and is slightly faster.
Good job! :-)
legendary
Very interesting thread and progress.
I have a Haswell and Ivy Linux and Windows available if ya need me to test anything.

Can't do windows yet, buty if you can do linux...
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Very interesting thread and progress.
I have a Haswell and Ivy Linux and Windows available if ya need me to test anything.
legendary
cpuminer-opt v3.1.3 contains fixes for vanilla. It compiles and
works in benchmark mode.  Not tested on a live pool. YMMV.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0lVSGQYLJIZNTFic1ZwVHVVUE0/view?usp=sharing

Tested working at 33.8 MH/s on 4790K.

There is a swerr message displayed that can be ignored. It will be fixed in the next release.

I wrote too soon. After two accepts nothing but rejects.
legendary

retest with v3.0.7.
Jump to: