Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 182. (Read 444040 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
cpuminer-opt v3.1.3 contains fixes for vanilla. It compiles and
works in benchmark mode.  Not tested on a live pool. YMMV.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0lVSGQYLJIZNTFic1ZwVHVVUE0/view?usp=sharing
legendary
Vanilla coin needs a specific algo gate.

Ahah, I see a sublte difference. Just a minor tweak to the blakecoin gate function should do it.

Any links to a windows binary for this?  Just got a new i7 4790K and I wanna burn it in real good.

Sorry no windows yet.
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...

Ahah, I see a sublte difference. Just a minor tweak to the blakecoin gate function should do it.

Any links to a windows binary for this?  Just got a new i7 4790K and I wanna burn it in real good.
legendary

Activity: 279
Merit: 104
This is my build command:
Code:
./autogen.sh
make clean
./configure CFLAGS="-march=native -Ofast" CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS --with-crypto --with-curl
make
and
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep model
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570S CPU @ 2.90GHz

I tried both of these pools:
neoscrypt.eu.nicehash.com:3341
hashpower.co:4233

It works for me. what can I do?

Whoops...
I figured it out.  I had an old version of cpuminer in folder in my $PATH.   So once I removed that, my script finally invoked the
correct cpuminer version.  And it works as I hoped!
So the next beer is on me!
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
legendary
Code:
./autogen.sh
make clean
./configure CFLAGS="-march=native -Ofast" CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS --with-crypto --with-curl
make
and

It works for me. what can I do?
Code:
./autogen.sh
make clean
make
and

legendary
Hi joblo,
Thanks for your continuing efforts with the miner.

It seems like neosrypt mining is broken.  The 3.1 version core dumps
with -a neoscrypt.

Code:
  4020 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) cpuminer -t 1 -a neoscrypt  --api-bind 127.0.0.1:4044 $SITE1

I tried to recompile the code with -g switch so I could have gdb locate where it crashes.
But with -g the compile fails as well (This is on an i5 Haswell with Ubuntu 14.04.3):

Code:
gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -Iyes/include -Iyes/include -fno-strict-aliasing  -I. -Iyes/include -Iyes/include -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast   -march=native -g  -Iyes/include -Iyes/include -MT algo/groestl/sse2/cpuminer-grso-asm.o -MD -MP -MF algo/groestl/sse2/.deps/cpuminer-grso-asm.Tpo -c -o algo/groestl/sse2/cpuminer-grso-asm.o `test -f 'algo/groestl/sse2/grso-asm.c' || echo './'`algo/groestl/sse2/grso-asm.c
algo/groestl/sse2/grso-asm.c: In function ‘grsoP1024ASM’:
algo/groestl/sse2/grso-asm.c:6:3: error: ‘asm’ operand has impossible constraints
   asm (
   ^
make[2]: *** [algo/groestl/sse2/cpuminer-grso-asm.o] Error 1

EDIT: I managed to eke out a location where it apparently crashes without -g'ing an executable:
 0x00000000004be530 in absorbBlockBlake2Safe ()

It looks like you are compileing for SSE2 but a Haswell has AES_NI. This should still work though,
but slower.

Either way I retested neoscrypt with both AES_NI and SSE2 in v3.1.

Edit: I tested on a pool, it looks like you're mining solo.

Edit: Upon further thought the compikle may have been coreect but it looks like GDB couldn't handle
some of the SSE2 code

If the problems only occur solo it looks like a wallet/solo mining issue.
Hi joblo,
Thanks for your continuing efforts with the miner.

It seems like neosrypt mining is broken.  The 3.1 version core dumps
with -a neoscrypt.

Code:
  4020 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) cpuminer -t 1 -a neoscrypt  --api-bind 127.0.0.1:4044 $SITE1

I tried to recompile the code with -g switch so I could have gdb locate where it crashes.
But with -g the compile fails as well (This is on an i5 Haswell with Ubuntu 14.04.3):

Code:
gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -Iyes/include -Iyes/include -fno-strict-aliasing  -I. -Iyes/include -Iyes/include -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast   -march=native -g  -Iyes/include -Iyes/include -MT algo/groestl/sse2/cpuminer-grso-asm.o -MD -MP -MF algo/groestl/sse2/.deps/cpuminer-grso-asm.Tpo -c -o algo/groestl/sse2/cpuminer-grso-asm.o `test -f 'algo/groestl/sse2/grso-asm.c' || echo './'`algo/groestl/sse2/grso-asm.c
algo/groestl/sse2/grso-asm.c: In function ‘grsoP1024ASM’:
algo/groestl/sse2/grso-asm.c:6:3: error: ‘asm’ operand has impossible constraints
   asm (
   ^
make[2]: *** [algo/groestl/sse2/cpuminer-grso-asm.o] Error 1

EDIT: I managed to eke out a location where it apparently crashes without -g'ing an executable:
 0x00000000004be530 in absorbBlockBlake2Safe ()
legendary
cpuminer-opt v3.1 is out. It icludes th enew algo gate and a 5% increase in
performance in all algos.  There is an addtional 10% increase in SSE2 performance.

Quick turnaround, V3.1.1 is out. Nothing wrong with 3.1, just fixed aliases and hash display
and some optimisations.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0lVSGQYLJIZT29nc1dEUlBXNzQ/view?usp=sharing

sir. is this cpuminer support vanilla coin mining?

It should be the same as blakecoin.

Edit: I just found a bug in blakecoin, download 3.1.2 here. I couldn't test it so please report
back results using blakecoin on vanilla.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0lVSGQYLJIZUlJaTlNqNFpMcWM/view?usp=sharing
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
performance in all algos.  There is an addtional 10% increase in SSE2 performance.

Quick turnaround, V3.1.1 is out. Nothing wrong with 3.1, just fixed aliases and hash display
and some optimisations.

sir. is this cpuminer support vanilla coin mining?
legendary

and some optimisations.

legendary

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0lVSGQYLJIZTHdkVG9CSXhObHM/view?usp=sharing
legendary
Have a nice weekend.

I am considering dropping suport for scrypt as a standalone algo. It's integration
with algo_gate didn't go so well, and there's allways Pooler.

However Pooler claims to have a very optimized scrypt and may be better than the
current one in cpuminer-opt and its ancestor cpuminer-multi.

I will investigate further as it may speed up  some other algos.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
You are welcome :-)
And thanks for your great effort.
I'll be "configure&&make"-ing again on Monday.
legendary
sorry sir:

./algo/groestl/sse2/groestl.c:37:25: fatal error: sph_groestl.h: No such file or directory

[.....]

algo/qubit/qubit.c: In function ‘qubithash’:
algo/qubit/qubit.c:89:23: error: ‘ctx_echo’ undeclared (first use in this function)
         sph_echo512 (&ctx_echo, (const void*) hash, 64);

Are you sure you did "make clean" before compiling it?

Are you compiling for SSE2? That doesn't work.

uh... yes... sorry :-/

I working on fixing sse2 for release. I don't think the break is due to algo-gate but the file
tree reorg and consolodation. Prior to that the quark sse2 code was in a seperate file.
Now it shares code with AES_NI and I need to rwview all the hooks to keep them seperate.

This may turn out to be a good thing because it gave me an idea about the problems I've been
having with the sse2 groestl macros. The macros are defined in a file with regular functions
and I think I need to split them up so i can configure each one differently in Makefile, #include, etc.
Could be a boost for x* sse2. Might get it done before 3.1 release.

This was a good thing. I have now solved the GRS macro problem. It was a metter of seperating the macros
and real functions into seperate files, and not adding the macro file to Makefile.

V3.1 will have significant improvements in SSE2 performance.

Edit: X algo sse2 performance will have an additional 10% increase on top of the 4% already in v3.1-beta.
        v3.1 will be released later today. Thanks to Pallas for freaking me out into solving a long nagging issue
       with the GRS macros.
legendary
sorry sir:

./algo/groestl/sse2/groestl.c:37:25: fatal error: sph_groestl.h: No such file or directory

[.....]

algo/qubit/qubit.c:89:23: error: ‘ctx_echo’ undeclared (first use in this function)

I working on fixing sse2 for release. I don't think the break is due to algo-gate but the file
tree reorg and consolodation. Prior to that the quark sse2 code was in a seperate file.
Now it shares code with AES_NI and I need to rwview all the hooks to keep them seperate.

This may turn out to be a good thing because it gave me an idea about the problems I've been
having with the sse2 groestl macros. The macros are defined in a file with regular functions
and I think I need to split them up so i can configure each one differently in Makefile, #include, etc.
Could be a boost for x* sse2. Might get it done before 3.1 release.
legendary
sorry sir:

[.....]

legendary
sorry sir:

[.....]

I have confirmed that error only occurs when compiling for SSE2.
Jump to: