Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 53. (Read 444040 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Large pages has already been done for cryptonight. I'm doing something that hasn't been done yet.
Large pages for cpuminer-opt will have to wait, though it could benefit a couple of memory hard algos.

looking forward to that as well Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
I haven't implimented it yet in cpuminer-opt but it's on my list.
looking forward to that Wink

Large pages has already been done for cryptonight. I'm doing something that hasn't been done yet.
Large pages for cpuminer-opt will have to wait, though it could benefit a couple of memory hard algos.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
looking forward to that Wink
legendary
use -t 12 - xmrig-2.4.2 - 752 -  cpuminer-opt-3.7.3 - 550

Thanks. I believe xmrig uses large pages, a OS feature that can improve memory performance when
accessing large buffers. It has some side effects such as increased memory fragmentation and it
requires admin user on Windows. It's also rarely enabled by default in the OS and needs to be
manually enabled.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
use -t 12 - xmrig-2.4.2 - 752 -  cpuminer-opt-3.7.3 - 550
legendary
I have a question - why in Monero cryptonight on 6950x on cpuminer-opt-3.7.3 the speed is lower than on xmrig-2.4.2 -? In xmrig with 10 streams, the speed is higher than cpuminer-opt at 20. Is it possible to somehow configure the config file to give more speed at 6950x than in xmrig-2.4.2?

From what I know, cryptonight requires 2mb of cache per thread

6950x has 25mb, which brings us to 12 threads
Try benchmarking with 12 threads and see the performance (use -t 12)

Agreed. Test both with 12 threads and post the results.
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
I have a question - why in Monero cryptonight on 6950x on cpuminer-opt-3.7.3 the speed is lower than on xmrig-2.4.2 -? In xmrig with 10 streams, the speed is higher than cpuminer-opt at 20. Is it possible to somehow configure the config file to give more speed at 6950x than in xmrig-2.4.2?

From what I know, cryptonight requires 2mb of cache per thread

6950x has 25mb, which brings us to 12 threads
Try benchmarking with 12 threads and see the performance (use -t 12)
I want to say a huge thank you to the developer for this minor and for his timely update - my 6950x produces excellent results on it - I often fly into solo at the start of new coins!
legendary
I stumbled upon this today, well done with a lot of detail. I'll add the link
to the compile instructions in RELEASE_NOTES.

https://lxadm.com/Static_compilation_of_cpuminer
legendary
Hello joblo can you add AES to yescryptr16 algo .. it only mines with avx and sse2 on my sandy bridge machine Sad

That will be difficult because yescrypt doesn't use any AES.
legendary
Are we likely to see gains with 4-way in lyra2z in the future, or the algo isn't affected by this optimization?

The simple answer is no, but it's not so simple.

The lyra2 code is already AVX2 optimimized. Converting it to 4way would not improve it and would be
double the work because the existing optimizations would have to be undone first. This applies to all
lyra2 based algos.

A small part of lyra2z could be improved with 4way but it wouldn't have a big impact on the overall
algo performance.

Finally the lyra2z algo is on life support. It's only used by Zcoin and only until their new algo is ready.

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Hello joblo can you add AES to yescryptr16 algo .. it only mines with avx and sse2 on my sandy bridge machine Sad
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Are we likely to see gains with 4-way in lyra2z in the future, or the algo isn't affected by this optimization?
legendary
cpuminer-opt maximum support only 64 threads CPU? My CPU threads more than 64, how to use it to be able to fully play

There is nothing in cpuminer-opt to limit threads, maybe resource limitations or a system issue.
legendary
need support for argon2d...the only miner that support it is unitus_cpuminer but it gives half the hash of the solomining...
so please helppp!!!

Unitus is a merge mined coin that can be mined with several algos. You can't compare hashrates between different algos.
Argon2 has a very low hashrate compared to the other algos.

I don't know if argon2d in unitus_cpuminer is different from argon2 in cpuminer-opt but it looks very similar and written
by the same people so it's as good as it gets. Try cpuminer-opt and let me kow.

Activity: 312
Merit: 10
any xevan benchmark? using avx, my ivy only get 541kh 28,89kh
98 kH 45 kH - MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE42, AES, AVX - i5-3470

seems xevan algo doesn't worth at all
Activity: 825
Merit: 18
MindMiner developer
any xevan benchmark? using avx, my ivy only get 541kh 28,89kh
98 kH 45 kH - MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE42, AES, AVX - i5-3470
Activity: 168
cpuminer-opt maximum support only 64 threads CPU? My CPU threads more than 64, how to use it to be able to fully play
Activity: 698
Merit: 511
need support for argon2d...the only miner that support it is unitus_cpuminer but it gives half the hash of the solomining...
so please helppp!!!
Pages:
Jump to: