Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 56. (Read 444040 times)

Activity: 473
Merit: 18
Hey guys so Im trying to run the miner but with every cpuminer sse aes sse42 etc etc. It crashes after a few seconds says cpuminer is not responding and closes my .bat file like it froze does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Also I'm trying to mine using an old acer desktop with windows 10 and AMD cempron 145 processor 2.80 ghz if that info helps?

Thank you
Legacy version 3.5.9.1 May provide better performance on some algos with older CPUs that
don't have AES NI. Most users should not use it.
Your cpu doesn't support AES, so try the legacy version
Activity: 83
Merit: 3
Hey guys so Im trying to run the miner but with every cpuminer sse aes sse42 etc etc. It crashes after a few seconds says cpuminer is not responding and closes my .bat file like it froze does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Also I'm trying to mine using an old acer desktop with windows 10 and AMD cempron 145 processor 2.80 ghz if that info helps?

Thank you
Activity: 312
Merit: 10
hi joblo, how to use hyperthreading in v3.7.2? especially ivybridge
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
A pull request has been received to change the dockerfile.

There are 2 changes, one to address an issue with line continuation, but also a change that claims to
reduce the image size.

Since I know very little about docker I defer to the community for review of the change. If there are any
concerns with the change, please raise them. If there are no objections the changes will be included in
the next release.

https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/pull/41

LGTM

Then it's good enough for me. It will be included in the next release but might be merged in git before then
as there are no immediate plans for a new release.
legendary
I just tried compiling but got the error

Code:
In file included from algo/echo/aes_ni/hash.c:21:0:
algo/echo/aes_ni/vperm.h:53:7: note: called from here
  x  = _mm_shuffle_epi8(*((__m128i*)table + 0), x);\
       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
algo/echo/aes_ni/hash.c:385:4: note: in expansion of macro 'TRANSFORM'
    TRANSFORM(_state[i][j], _k_opt, t1, t2);
    ^~~~~~~~~
In file included from algo/echo/aes_ni/vperm.h:20:0,
                 from algo/echo/aes_ni/hash.c:21:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-alpine-linux-musl/6.4.0/include/tmmintrin.h:136:1: error: inlining failed in call to always_inline '_mm_shuffle_epi8': target specific option mismatch
 _mm_shuffle_epi8 (__m128i __X, __m128i __Y)
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
algo/echo/aes_ni/vperm.h:52:5: note: called from here
  t1 = _mm_shuffle_epi8(*((__m128i*)table + 1), t1);\

^~~~~~~~~
source='algo/hodl/aes.c' object='algo/hodl/cpuminer-aes.o' libtool=no \
DEPDIR=.deps depmode=none /bin/sh ./depcomp \
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -Iyes/include -Iyes/include -fno-strict-aliasing  -I. -Iyes/include -Iyes/include -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast   -g -O2  -Iyes/include -Iyes/include -c -o algo/hodl/cpuminer-aes.o `test -f 'algo/hodl/aes.c' || echo './'`algo/hodl/aes.c
make[2]: *** [Makefile:2491: algo/echo/aes_ni/cpuminer-hash.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory '/cpuminer-opt'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:3506: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/cpuminer-opt'
make: *** [Makefile:665: all] Error 2

This could be CPU related, especially if it's an AMD, and even worse an old AMD. I have found that many strange compile errors
with SIMD intrinsics are due to architecture issues where the intrinsic isn't recognized as such and gets "implicitly declared" at compile
time assuming type int instead of __m128i. After that any reference to the intrinsic causes the compiler to spit out strange error messages.
You can confirm this is you find previous implicit declaration warnings related to SIMD intrinsic functions.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I just want to share my little test results.

algo: lyra2z
CPU: Ryzen 1800x stock settings
options: -t 16

AVX: 600 kH/s, 67°C
AVX2: 852 kH/s, 72°C

Is there any overview over the options? Or where can I find them in code?
at which temperatures are you mining?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

There are 2 changes, one to address an issue with line continuation, but also a change that claims to
reduce the image size.

Since I know very little about docker I defer to the community for review of the change. If there are any
concerns with the change, please raise them. If there are no objections the changes will be included in
the next release.

LGTM
legendary
Hello guys. I am a domestic miner and I live in Brazil - Rio de Janeiro. My English is not very good. Congratulations Mr. Joblo for the excellent work with the multi-algorithm mining. I am a GNU / Linux Debian user. cpuminer-opt works perfectly on Debian and I'm very satisfied. I recently bought a PC with the AMD Ryzen 7 1700 processor. I intend to do some testing on Windows 10. I would like an orientation. There are 5 executable files in the Windows binary package. To perform the XMR mining and not underutilize the performance of my AMD Ryzen should I test each of the executables and check the performance or would one of you recommend me a specific executable? I thank you all.

You answered your own question, use the fastest one that doesn't crash. In the case of Ryzen it should be AES-AVX2.
However, none of the builds can take advantage of SHA acceleration on supported algos, you need to compile on Linux to get that.
Activity: 1
Hello guys. I am a domestic miner and I live in Brazil - Rio de Janeiro. My English is not very good. Congratulations Mr. Joblo for the excellent work with the multi-algorithm mining. I am a GNU / Linux Debian user. cpuminer-opt works perfectly on Debian and I'm very satisfied. I recently bought a PC with the AMD Ryzen 7 1700 processor. I intend to do some testing on Windows 10. I would like an orientation. There are 5 executable files in the Windows binary package. To perform the XMR mining and not underutilize the performance of my AMD Ryzen should I test each of the executables and check the performance or would one of you recommend me a specific executable? I thank you all.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502

reduce the image size.

the next release.

The Docker image could be smaller by using Alpine Linux as the base. Alpine uses libressl by default but also have openssl-1.0.2 in its repo so I'm not sure about any impact on performance.

Yes, it could, but didn't quite manage to compile it on alpine yet. If you have more info, please share!
I just tried compiling but got the error

Code:
algo/echo/aes_ni/vperm.h:53:7: note: called from here
  x  = _mm_shuffle_epi8(*((__m128i*)table + 0), x);\
       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ^~~~~~~~~
In file included from algo/echo/aes_ni/vperm.h:20:0,
                 from algo/echo/aes_ni/hash.c:21:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-alpine-linux-musl/6.4.0/include/tmmintrin.h:136:1: error: inlining failed in call to always_inline '_mm_shuffle_epi8': target specific option mismatch
 _mm_shuffle_epi8 (__m128i __X, __m128i __Y)
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
algo/echo/aes_ni/vperm.h:52:5: note: called from here
  t1 = _mm_shuffle_epi8(*((__m128i*)table + 1), t1);\

^~~~~~~~~
source='algo/hodl/aes.c' object='algo/hodl/cpuminer-aes.o' libtool=no \
DEPDIR=.deps depmode=none /bin/sh ./depcomp \
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -Iyes/include -Iyes/include -fno-strict-aliasing  -I. -Iyes/include -Iyes/include -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast   -g -O2  -Iyes/include -Iyes/include -c -o algo/hodl/cpuminer-aes.o `test -f 'algo/hodl/aes.c' || echo './'`algo/hodl/aes.c
make[2]: *** [Makefile:2491: algo/echo/aes_ni/cpuminer-hash.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/cpuminer-opt'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:3506: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/cpuminer-opt'
make: *** [Makefile:665: all] Error 2

Activity: 11

reduce the image size.

the next release.

The Docker image could be smaller by using Alpine Linux as the base. Alpine uses libressl by default but also have openssl-1.0.2 in its repo so I'm not sure about any impact on performance.

Yes, it could, but didn't quite manage to compile it on alpine yet. If you have more info, please share!

Just for info, this image with the multi-stage build process is 55Mb compressed compared to 160Mb for all other images on Docker Hub.
You can try it easily over here: https://hub.docker.com/r/filoozom/cpuminer-opt/
Activity: 630
Merit: 502

reduce the image size.

the next release.

legendary

reduce the image size.

the next release.

Activity: 1806
Merit: 148
Hey All,

I downloaded the windows binaries but when I extract it and then open any of the cpuminer app files nothing happens a window opens for one second and then closes how do I get this miner running?

Thanks
cpuminer-aes-avx -a m7m -o stratum+tcp://m7m.mine.zpool.ca:6033 -u 1J6ERS9LjhRhXkifkVfdpbP56aY7TLqEoe -p x -t 4
t4 - this 4 core
Activity: 700
Merit: 255
Hey All,

I downloaded the windows binaries but when I extract it and then open any of the cpuminer app files nothing happens a window opens for one second and then closes how do I get this miner running?

Thanks
Activity: 104
Has anyone made a build for a Mac or can point me in the right direction for compiling?
I had the wrong package for CentOS. Thanks for the push in the right direction.
Activity: 473
Not getting this to work on CentOS7. Any ideas folks? I think I've got all the dependencies...

Build.sh output...
Code:
[b]algo/m7m.c:4:17: fatal error: gmp.h: No such file or directory
 #include
                 ^
compilation terminated.[/b]
gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -Iyes/include -fno-strict-aliasing -I./compa                                             t/jansson -I. -Iyes/include -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast   -O3 -ma                                             rch=native -Wall  -Iyes/include -MT algo/cpuminer-nist5.o -MD -MP -MF algo/.deps                                             /cpuminer-nist5.Tpo -c -o algo/cpuminer-nist5.o `test -f 'algo/nist5.c' || echo                                              './'`algo/nist5.c
In file included from algo/nist5.c:15:0:
./algo/keccak/sse2/keccak.c:780:2: warning: multi-line comment [-Wcomment]
  //kekDECL_STATE \
  ^
algo/nist5.c: In function ??nist5hash??:
algo/nist5.c:69:6: warning: right shift count >= width of type [enabled by defau                                             lt]
      JH_H;
      ^
algo/nist5.c:69:6: warning: right shift count >= width of type [enabled by defau                                             lt]
make[2]: *** [algo/cpuminer-m7m.o] Error 1
mv -f algo/heavy/.deps/cpuminer-bastion.Tpo algo/heavy/.deps/cpuminer-bastion.Po
mv -f algo/.deps/cpuminer-neoscrypt.Tpo algo/.deps/cpuminer-neoscrypt.Po
mv -f algo/.deps/cpuminer-nist5.Tpo algo/.deps/cpuminer-nist5.Po
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/cpuminer-opt'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cpuminer-opt'
make: *** [all] Error 2
strip: 'cpuminer': No such file
[root@CENTOS7 cpuminer-opt]#

algo/m7m.c:4:17: fatal error: gmp.h: No such file or directory

you are missing gmp library
i would guess that its gmp-devel that you need to install

Not getting this to work on CentOS7. Any ideas folks? I think I've got all the dependencies...

Build.sh output...
Code:
[b]algo/m7m.c:4:17: fatal error: gmp.h: No such file or directory
 #include
                 ^
compilation terminated.[/b]
gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -Iyes/include -fno-strict-aliasing -I./compa                                             t/jansson -I. -Iyes/include -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast   -O3 -ma                                             rch=native -Wall  -Iyes/include -MT algo/cpuminer-nist5.o -MD -MP -MF algo/.deps                                             /cpuminer-nist5.Tpo -c -o algo/cpuminer-nist5.o `test -f 'algo/nist5.c' || echo                                              './'`algo/nist5.c
In file included from algo/nist5.c:15:0:
./algo/keccak/sse2/keccak.c:780:2: warning: multi-line comment [-Wcomment]
  //kekDECL_STATE \
  ^
algo/nist5.c: In function ??nist5hash??:
algo/nist5.c:69:6: warning: right shift count >= width of type [enabled by defau                                             lt]
      JH_H;
      ^
algo/nist5.c:69:6: warning: right shift count >= width of type [enabled by defau                                             lt]
make[2]: *** [algo/cpuminer-m7m.o] Error 1
mv -f algo/heavy/.deps/cpuminer-bastion.Tpo algo/heavy/.deps/cpuminer-bastion.Po
mv -f algo/.deps/cpuminer-neoscrypt.Tpo algo/.deps/cpuminer-neoscrypt.Po
mv -f algo/.deps/cpuminer-nist5.Tpo algo/.deps/cpuminer-nist5.Po
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/cpuminer-opt'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cpuminer-opt'
make: *** [all] Error 2
strip: 'cpuminer': No such file
[root@CENTOS7 cpuminer-opt]#

Activity: 3
it uses the best available implementation, so yes, AVX doesn't matter when you have AVX2

Thanks for confirming.
Pages:
Jump to: