Author

Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark= - page 143. (Read 826716 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
craves looking solid now...got a few mn and wallets staking, all working perfect. With confidence growing in the community and beyond, crave looks like its ready for something big. Well done icm very impressive work.
Activity: 224
The crave calculator at http://jj12880.azurewebsites.net/cravecalc.aspx Was using a 60 second block time for its calculations. It came to my attention that the actual network block time was much slower than that, and that the calculations were potentially high. I updated it now to use the average block time over the past 500 blocks. 

The page will take a little longer to load, as its calling a daemon to get the latest data. I am working remotely today, and it is a major pain in the ass to code via TeamViewer. If it crashes, just reload it and it should work. Ill try and clean it up later when I get a change.

Feed the Crave!

JJ

Great idea on the running average.
Thanks for the update.
Activity: 560
Merit: 300
Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011
I'll put it in mine once I'm eligible to lol
Activity: 405
Merit: 500
Can someone post me this cool signature like goblynn have , want to have it too  Smiley

Code:
[right]
[color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color]  [size=20pt]☠[/size] [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=997356.0][b][color=red][size=15pt]CRAVE[/size][/color][/b][/url] [size=20pt]☠[/size] [font=Helvetica]Embraces the privacy movement[/font] [size=20pt]☠[/size]   [color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color]
[color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color]    [color=red][i][u]Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.[/u][/i][/color]    [color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color]
[/right]

Great thx man it took all my signature space , but fuck that crave is number 1 and it deserved that  Smiley
Activity: 263
Merit: 250
Hey wheres the wallet.dat file on android?

Sure hope i didnt just lose close to 1000crave ;;
Found it, can someone pm me and tell me how to load a backup properly?  Just dropped backup wallet into same folder but am getting-

EXCEPTION:  St13runtime_error
CDB: Error 13, can't open database crave in runaway exception

then it force closes Sad
Import it into a wallet on your PC?
Old shitty macs only here ill have to try at my pals house tomorrow, thanks

Know if i have to download the whole blockchain before i swap the wallets out or can i do it while its catching up?

a community member is developing a new mac wallet.
for now i'm using a windows virtual machine through a free software called VirtualBoxVM https://www.virtualbox.org
It's working very well here, without orphans

Yeah, I've been working on that in my spare time.  The secp256k1 encryption is throwing me for a loop, I can't figure out how to link the dependencies.  Anybody have any ideas?

probably having issues because you are moving the wallet.dat while the program is running...you gotta do it THEN open
At my pals right now and everything worked just fine!  Downloaded the windows wallet, threw the wallet.dat in there and once the blockchain finished up everything was solid.

Muy apreciado my crave friends <3
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Can someone post me this cool signature like goblynn have , want to have it too  Smiley

Code:
[right]
[color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color]  [size=20pt]☠[/size] [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=997356.0][b][color=red][size=15pt]CRAVE[/size][/color][/b][/url] [size=20pt]☠[/size] [font=Helvetica]Embraces the privacy movement[/font] [size=20pt]☠[/size]   [color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color]
[color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color]    [color=red][i][u]Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.[/u][/i][/color]    [color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color][color=black]◥[/color][color=red]◣[/color]
[/right]
Activity: 405
Activity: 383

Found it, can someone pm me and tell me how to load a backup properly?  Just dropped backup wallet into same folder but am getting-

then it force closes Sad

Know if i have to download the whole blockchain before i swap the wallets out or can i do it while its catching up?

for now i'm using a windows virtual machine through a free software called VirtualBoxVM https://www.virtualbox.org

Yeah, I've been working on that in my spare time.  The secp256k1 encryption is throwing me for a loop, I can't figure out how to link the dependencies.  Anybody have any ideas?

probably having issues because you are moving the wallet.dat while the program is running...you gotta do it THEN open

No, I meant building an updated Mac wallet.   Wink
Activity: 292

then it force closes Sad

Activity: 383

then it force closes Sad

Activity: 671
Merit: 501
Blockchain and stuff
The crave calculator at http://jj12880.azurewebsites.net/cravecalc.aspx Was using a 60 second block time for its calculations. It came to my attention that the actual network block time was much slower than that, and that the calculations were potentially high. I updated it now to use the average block time over the past 500 blocks. 

The page will take a little longer to load, as its calling a daemon to get the latest data. I am working remotely today, and it is a major pain in the ass to code via TeamViewer. If it crashes, just reload it and it should work. Ill try and clean it up later when I get a change.

Feed the Crave!

JJ
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
if i had about 400 crave how many could i expect per day and whats a good block size?

I've been having good luck some good days with 40-60 coin sized blocks and about 750 coins in the wallet, first day will be slow as they mature, but once the first couple get split they start picking up the pace... 10 pos finds yesterday (3.3 CRAVE) and 6 so far already today  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
if i had about 400 crave how many could i expect per day and whats a good block size?

something like 3 coins per day but the masternodes collect .66 tax leaving you with a little under 1 coin

you can see a 388 coin wallet performance here https://chainz.cryptoid.info/crave/address.dws?CDXddo8W9zd6C22NwLsEv9s9hUoDagHmWB.htm

So instead of 400 coins, setup a masternode with 100 coins more
Activity: 715
holding strong Wink
but better remove the order for sale for a while! I did not put the order
Activity: 471
Activity: 448
Activity: 181
So CRAVE comes out with PoS Masternodes and now we see a flood of PoS Masternode scamcoins + scamcoin revivals using PoS Masternode

is there anyway to protect the tech or at least make it closed source until CRAVE can build up marketshare?
I haven't seen any clones that actually work yet Wink  Which would explain why they are all asking me to help them.  It is sufficiently technically complicated to do it right that I think we will be ok.  It's really just one feature in our entire platform anyway.

Dev, keep good job, just picked up a little more cheap crave.  Cool
Activity: 710
Thought I would share part of a reply I sent to abel, it might be interesting for all of you too just to know what I'm working on.

No, the market and the multisig system is not dependent on the masternodes.  Currently the masternodes are only acting as a way to put up collateral and earn a piece of the network stake earnings, as an incentive to have more nodes.

There's a fair amount of questionable stuff in DarkCoin's masternode code, and I don't trust it.  InstantX for instance is in my opinion poorly conceived and just ripe for exploitation.  DarkSend has a few issues that I would like to revisit and maybe find a way to re-architect.  One really surprising thing that shocked me is that .  This seems to me to be...an unwise point of centralization Wink  So, this is why right now I hid and disabled all of the darksend and instantx functionality for the moment.

After I get through the current Roadmap 2, then I will circle back around and figure out a better way to make darksend work.  There is also a lot of room for optimization of the network loop for the masternodes.  It currently takes a sledgehammer approach and saturates the network every 5 seconds with broadcasts.  I have a feeling this is why some people are reporting strange issues with their masternodes dropping in and out of the list and spotty payments.  I think their bandwidth is getting saturated.  So there will be some tweaks for that in the next update.

The whole thing can be made to work a lot more efficiently and safer.  I'm actually really surprised it is as hacked together as it is given the market cap of DRK (or dash or dashpay or whatever).  If you read through the code and come up with any architecture ideas that would be great.  

As far as the multisig system, it is basically an API and a graphical interface on top of it for creating, circulating and executing multi-sig transactions.  The piece I am working through now is whether to use an Inventory relaying mechanism or a side-channel messaging mechanism (similar to the encrypted messaging in SDC for instance) for communicating the packets/payloads between the parties.

Thanks for sharing that.  It's great to see a dev with both integrity and a critical mind.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119
It's all mathematics...!
ok . panic buy ?  Grin Grin

Never panic! My mom always said...Jack you panic you die...that's how it works!Never fear and never panic!
Cheers!
wow just one word from dev price go up  Shocked, then dev will dump his coi  again  Grin

In contrast to other devs those are not just empty words. He always delivered what he said.

ICM always delivers...always imo! This coin will reflect the true value eventually...Sometime soon we will see much higher price imo! have a good day crave nation!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
So CRAVE comes out with PoS Masternodes and now we see a flood of PoS Masternode scamcoins + scamcoin revivals using PoS Masternode

is there anyway to protect the tech or at least make it closed source until CRAVE can build up marketshare?
I haven't seen any clones that actually work yet Wink  Which would explain why they are all asking me to help them.  It is sufficiently technically complicated to do it right that I think we will be ok.  It's really just one feature in our entire platform anyway.
i knew this is coming, ppl thinking that copy paste of crave src will make their coin magically work  Grin its way too tricky to make PoS nodes work and it only shows imc talent in true light. and wow its only ONE feature of crave platform imagine..  hmmm.. looking forward for thing yet to come...
Jump to: