Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Credits(CRDS): CPU-only mining | Argon2d PoW - Masternodes - page 92. (Read 482497 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
any bounty campaign dev ?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Why re-invent the wheel, once an algo has been picked there wouldn't be much different between the coins anyway? Nothing wrong with fixing a broken wheel.
Again, where is your proof that they can't dev? FUD FUD FUD

You are, again, trying to reframe the issue. Many different cryptocurrencies share mining algorithms and that is not a problem. The problem here is that Credits is simply a total clone of Dynamic with just a few minor tweaks.

And you only registered today to troll this thread/slack or created a new account to hide your real ID lol

As I said above, I registered because I felt that the points I raised were important and because I was banned from the Slack after raising them. Everyone is free to read the Slack conversation:

https://imgur.com/a/GIaag
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
No this is not an exact clone of a coin

People are free to read what I asked in the Slack before I was banned:

fl0d3v changed only what anyone with basic programming skills and an hour of time could have. Like I said in the chat, he changed some text strings, the parameters for the network itself (to create a new network, obviously), some colors, etc. Whether Credits has the '-lite' suffix or not, it is essentially a 1:1 clone of another project--Dynamic (DYN).

Why re-invent the wheel, once an algo has been picked there wouldn't be much different between the coins anyway? Nothing wrong with fixing a broken wheel.
Again, where is your proof that they can't dev? FUD FUD FUD

And you only registered today to troll this thread/slack or created a new account to hide your real ID lol
No this is not an exact clone of a coin

People are free to read what I asked in the Slack before I was banned:

fl0d3v changed only what anyone with basic programming skills and an hour of time could have. Like I said in the chat, he changed some text strings, the parameters for the network itself (to create a new network, obviously), some colors, etc. Whether Credits has the '-lite' suffix or not, it is essentially a 1:1 clone of another project--Dynamic (DYN).
Is it a straight up clone and re-name like so many coins that get put on here (and still get traded for some reason, how many "lite" versions of coins do we really need)?

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Look at the github and look at his commits. Even the markdown on the main github page is almost identical, including grammatical errors, with only a few minor changes and instances of the text "Dynamic" replaced with "Credits". You are attempting to reframe the issue by asking me why a developer shouldn't receive a payout. The issue is that he is not a developer in this context--copy-pasting does not make you a developer. At most, he is a marketer.

The dev has already explained what has been done (and why, non working functions etc).
No this is not an exact clone of a coin, Pascal-Lite is a 1:1 clone of a coin with the word lite on the end.

I'm guessing you have lots of proof that they aren't a "real" dev?

Everything is all out in the open. No-one has claimed it's a brand new algo etc.

Your still posting FUD.

--Edit--
Is it a straight up clone and re-name like so many coins that get put on here (and still get traded for some reason, how many "lite" versions of coins do we really need)?

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Look at the github and look at his commits. Even the markdown on the main github page is almost identical, including grammatical errors, with only a few minor changes and instances of the text "Dynamic" replaced with "Credits". You are attempting to reframe the issue by asking me why a developer shouldn't receive a payout. The issue is that he is not a developer in this context--copy-pasting does not make you a developer. At most, he is a marketer.
I usually lurk and never post, but I felt that this was important. I raised what I feel are important points in the credits-community Slack and instead of addressing them, they removed me. Here is our conversation up until I was removed:

The developer of this project has simply cloned Dynamic (DYN) and changed a few numbers. That does not necessarily mean that this project is a scam, but it does mean that the "developer" could receive a huge payout from his relatively large pre-mine for what amounts to maybe an hour or less of real work.

Why shouldn't the developer recieve a payout? Has anything been hidden?
Is it a straight up clone and re-name like so many coins that get put on here (and still get traded for some reason, how many "lite" versions of coins do we really need)? Nope, he/she has at least done some work, has a roadmap, invested his/her own money to get it started and commited to developing the coin for at least 2 years.

So, your actual point is what exactly? FUD?
I usually lurk and never post, but I felt that this was important. I raised important points in the credits-community Slack and instead of addressing them, they removed me. Here is our conversation up until I was removed:

The developer of this project has simply cloned Dynamic (DYN) and changed a few numbers. That does not necessarily mean that this project is a scam, but it does mean that the "developer" could receive a huge payout from his relatively large pre-mine for what amounts to maybe an hour or less of real work.

Here is Dyanmic (DYN):
https://github.com/duality-solutions/Dynamic

And here is Credits:
https://github.com/Credits-CRDS/Credits

The only difference between Credits and Dynamic (DYN) is that fl0d3v will be in possession of 475,000 Credits. He claims that some arbitrary portion of this will be used for bounties, and maybe it will, but at the end of the day he will always hold the single largest proportion of the available supply, and all he has done is copy-paste.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 502
5 pc with 24 thread ready to mine this, cant wait for it..

its been really fun when we can mine solo
Activity: 594
Merit: 500
waiting for launch mining.but cpu is hard to mine
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Great choice for Algo guys..

Thanks! We re launching tomorrow, June 17th 10PM UTC; around 33 hours till launch Smiley
Activity: 10
Great choice for Algo guys..
Whats the price of 1 CRDS? Smiley
That will ultimately be decided by the market, but to begin with CRDS won't be listed on any exchanges right away so you'd have to buy them privately. I'm happy with a starting price of 1CRDS = 1BTC.

Once listed on an exchange, fl0wd3v wrote a post here that should help -
https://credits-community.slack.com/archives/C5M5SSJ1G/p1496588029973425

I hope so 1 CRDS = 1 BTC, and type of coin mining is good for the future, I will save this coin for at least 5 years and are confident the price will hundreds of percent rise from now.

CRDS is a very good coin but you dont really think it is 1:1?? But we will see in 3 days. hope it rise to the moon.

what is first exchange?

No-one can predict the price as there is no market yet. But it will definitely not be 1:1, this is completely out of context.

As for exchanges, we are not in a hurry to be listed. Once the network stabilises, we will apply to Bittrex as the first exchange.

Are you guys high, can I have some  Grin Grin
More probably 1CRDS = 1 satoshi.

This is also out of context.

My estimate is that 1CRDS will be around 0.0001BTC, given the block rewards and the cost of electricity. We ll see Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
That will ultimately be decided by the market, but to begin with CRDS won't be listed on any exchanges right away so you'd have to buy them privately. I'm happy with a starting price of 1CRDS = 1BTC.

I hope so 1 CRDS = 1 BTC, and type of coin mining is good for the future, I will save this coin for at least 5 years and are confident the price will hundreds of percent rise from now.

CRDS is a very good coin but you dont really think it is 1:1?? But we will see in 3 days. hope it rise to the moon.

what is first exchange?

No-one can predict the price as there is no market yet. But it will definitely not be 1:1, this is completely out of context.

As for exchanges, we are not in a hurry to be listed. Once the network stabilises, we will apply to Bittrex as the first exchange.

Are you guys high, can I have some  Grin Grin

Actually i laughed when i first saw this. 1 crds = 1 btc?? What were you smoking?? You need more than a coin to get the price to the moon e.g community, coin technology features, application and demand from China. Smiley
Activity: 393
Merit: 100

what is first exchange?

Are you guys high, can I have some  Grin Grin
Activity: 417
Merit: 252
Right now though, Argon2d IS CPU-only. The algo also IS gpu-resistant; we didn't say that a GPU miner CANNOT be developed; but it should be difficult and also should not provide much advantage over CPU. Of course, you are welcome to create a GPU miner, but the way Argon2d works, it should not have much advantage over CPU. But you are welcome to prove us wrong!

My beef with your statement is that it is misleading. Your mining code is currently CPU-only, but the algorithm is not. Nothing in Argon2D, not even the 64-bit operations make it "difficult" to implement on GPU. It will be ported to GPU, will provide a significant advantage (even if only 2×, which is significant), and a point in time will come where mining CRDS on CPU will be worthless and everyone will be on GPUs.

Also, I stated that GPU miners can be developed, but Argon2d should provide a good mining progression from CPU->GPU. The efficiency mining on a CPU per hash is better than that of GPU.

No it's not. I guarantee you GPUs will provide higher energy efficiency than CPUs. I know Argon2D.

You guys are making the same mistake as Charlie Lee who thought scrypt would prevent Litecoin GPU mining, because he read some vague claims about scrypt online. The reality is that Argon2D is designed to minimize the advantage of GPUs over CPUs, but the advantage still exists.

What's with the hate though? We know that a transition will happen from CPU to GPU and maybe ASIC if Argon2d becomes widely used and the coins using it are profitable.
I guess @fl0wd3v meant to say that probably in the beginning GPUs will be less efficient than CPUs when mining Credits. You do know how at the start Equihash was shit for GPUs but over time it (even if just a few months) it made CPU mining obsolete.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Pure PoW, CPU-only solo mining.. so old-school. I love it!
Looks like restarted Darkcoin, driven in a fair way.. I'm in, deffinitely.

By the way - how much coins for a masternode? 1000?

By the way, its CPU 64bit only and you can't mine on Raspberry-Pis or Android/ARM. This should achieve the highest level of decentralisation.

Some more points from fl0wd3v:

- Instead of DGW3 we have the best difficulty retargeting algorithm, DELTA, from Gulden which protects against Multi/Jump mining pools.
- Masternodes in Dash return less and less of a return everyday, with the mapped rewards in Credits(CRDS) for Masternodes increasing, this ensures ROI for Masternode operators throughout the ~36 year coin supply production.
- The Argon2d algorithm, miner files, hash files and block files of the wallet have been optimised by Wolf0 for AVX2 CPUs.
- No DAO or budgeting blocks from launch, this is to eliminate the risk of one party gaining early majority control of the Masternode network, creating proposals, voting and subsequently defrauding the network. DAO functionality can be brought online at a later stage once the Masternode network has grown in size.
- Pivx and Dash have proven a growth “hack” by combining an appreciating asset with a Masternode system. While for PivX and Dash it is increasingly harder to obtain a Masternode with them costing a small fortune, Credits (CRDS) will allow new investors to start early and see massive returns on their investment.

Say what now? You didn't hire me.

Credits(CRDS) is a fork of the Dynamic codebase, which you did work on for Duality.

Also, I stated that GPU miners can be developed, but Argon2d should provide a good mining progression from CPU->GPU. The efficiency mining on a CPU per hash is better than that of GPU. ASIC miners can be forever pushed out of the frame by simply HF'ing for harder parallelism.

Ah, I see - yeah, GPUs shouldn't be difficult to do - actually, I think I have some code around my disk somewhere for this already... would need adapting, of course, but would do.

Also, if you ever actually become worth ASIC mining - no one is going to sell ASIC miners, they'll just make some & slowly add hash to the network.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
Right now though, Argon2d IS CPU-only. The algo also IS gpu-resistant; we didn't say that a GPU miner CANNOT be developed; but it should be difficult and also should not provide much advantage over CPU. Of course, you are welcome to create a GPU miner, but the way Argon2d works, it should not have much advantage over CPU. But you are welcome to prove us wrong!

My beef with your statement is that it is misleading. Your mining code is currently CPU-only, but the algorithm is not. Nothing in Argon2D, not even the 64-bit operations make it "difficult" to implement on GPU. It will be ported to GPU, will provide a significant advantage (even if only 2×, which is significant), and a point in time will come where mining CRDS on CPU will be worthless and everyone will be on GPUs.

Also, I stated that GPU miners can be developed, but Argon2d should provide a good mining progression from CPU->GPU. The efficiency mining on a CPU per hash is better than that of GPU.

No it's not. I guarantee you GPUs will provide higher energy efficiency than CPUs. I know Argon2D.

You guys are making the same mistake as Charlie Lee who thought scrypt would prevent Litecoin GPU mining, because he read some vague claims about scrypt online. The reality is that Argon2D is designed to minimize the advantage of GPUs over CPUs, but the advantage still exists.

what is first exchange?

Activity: 2
Sounds interesting. If need be I can provide the German translation.
Pages:
Jump to: