Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Credits(CRDS): CPU-only mining | Argon2d PoW - Masternodes - page 94. (Read 482497 times)

Activity: 1451
Merit: 258
Great! waiting update wallet and pools Wink
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Pure PoW, CPU-only solo mining.. so old-school. I love it!
Looks like restarted Darkcoin, driven in a fair way.. I'm in, deffinitely.

By the way - how much coins for a masternode? 1000?

500 CRDS
Activity: 685
Merit: 500
Pure PoW, CPU-only solo mining.. so old-school. I love it!
Looks like restarted Darkcoin, driven in a fair way.. I'm in, deffinitely.

By the way - how much coins for a masternode? 1000?
Activity: 417
Merit: 252
Keeping it solo only is not a bad idea actually. Though I'm not sure it's possible

It should be profitable and fair to mine for several weeks after launch, maybe months. That's the idea. When it becomes unprofitable, someone will make a pool Smiley

Certainly, pools will be created soon after solo mining goes obsolete but we don't expect it to happen soon. We might create a pool of ourselves so don't worry about that. Get ready for launch though, set some reminders, there's just one week left.
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Keeping it solo only is not a bad idea actually. Though I'm not sure it's possible

It should be profitable and fair to mine for several weeks after launch, maybe months. That's the idea. When it becomes unprofitable, someone will make a pool Smiley
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Amazing, this is a coin create for long term (36 years available), I think this is new concept. I confused, how much the price of this coin. Good luck dev.
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
There is a nice discussion here explaining the benefits of Argon2d for mining and its improvrments over scrypt and others:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10863131

Overall Argon2d is a novel algorithm that was selected as the winner in the 2015 Password Hashing Competition; the Argon2d version was chosen as it provides maximal resistance to GPU cracking attacks. As a result, Credits is GPU- and ASIC-resistant and can only be mined with a CPU, maximizing decentralization and prohibiting the setup of mining farms.The currency also provides botnet-resistance using memory-hard functions.

Glad to hear this will be CPU only .

Will be there a pool and a miner at launch ?

Thanks

There is no pool yet, it will be solo mining in the begining, CPU-only mining. As for the miner, it is included in the wallet that will be released on June 17th.
Currently the press release is being worked on in the Slack channel by the community.

Website is having its CSS finalised and also the Download menu will be hidden until precisely 10PM UTC on the 17th to stop people trying to download and saying the link is dead, this work is also being done by a community member in Slack.

Not to mention all the other bits and pieces worked on already by the community in the Slack channel.

Basically lots happening in the Slack channel, so come on over Cheesy - https://credits-slack-invite.herokuapp.com/
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
Activity: 417
Why your signature is SONM not Credits Huh

Best comment here

I was part of https://boinc.drugdiscoveryathome.com long time ago. This kind of BOINC "decentralization" existed long before bitcoin. Some of the drugdiscovery@home devs are now creating SONM. And I find decentralized GPU/CPU usage very promising. Does that answer your question?

To continue on that note: Me and @loremipsum are merely helping the creator of Credits, we've joined him in the beginning and so we've remained to handle things such as Bounties, Promotion and such.

We found out about Credits after joining the SONM campaign so you can guess that we are not leaving yet as that is another very interesting project. After their campaign ends make sure that we'll replace our signatures with the CRDS one or even earlier.

Best comment here

I was part of https://boinc.drugdiscoveryathome.com long time ago. This kind of BOINC "decentralization" existed long before bitcoin. Some of the drugdiscovery@home devs are now creating SONM. And I find decentralized GPU/CPU usage very promising. Does that answer your question?
Activity: 306
Merit: 106

Best comment here
There is a nice discussion here explaining the benefits of Argon2d for mining and its improvrments over scrypt and others:

Overall Argon2d is a novel algorithm that was selected as the winner in the 2015 Password Hashing Competition; the Argon2d version was chosen as it provides maximal resistance to GPU cracking attacks. As a result, Credits is GPU- and ASIC-resistant and can only be mined with a CPU, maximizing decentralization and prohibiting the setup of mining farms.The currency also provides botnet-resistance using memory-hard functions.

Thanks

I am quite sure pool operators will most certainly want this on their pools, so a module will be created quickly by someone if it doesn't exist already, or is already being worked on.
Activity: 1204
Waiting for wallet .. nice project
Activity: 527

Thanks

Credits(CRDS) will be released on June 17th 2017 at 10:00PM UTC

What time is that where I am?

June 17th 2pm - Alaska, USA
June 17th 3pm - California, USA
June 17th 4pm - Salt Lake City, USA
June 17th 5pm - Columbia, USA
June 17th 6pm - New York, USA
June 17th 11pm - United Kingdom
June 17th 12pm - Western/Central Europe
June 18th 1am - Eastern Europe/Russia
June 18th 2.00am - Azerbaijan
June 18th 2.30am - Iran/Middle East
June 18th 3am - Pakistan
June 18th 3.30am - India
June 18th 4am - Bangladesh
June 18th 4.30am - Myanmar(Burma)
June 18th 5am - Thailand/Indonesia/Mongolia
June 18th 6am - China/Phillipines/Australia(Perth)
June 18th 7am - North & South Korea/Japan
June 18th 7.30am - Australia(Darwin)
June 18th 8am - Australia(Canberra)
June 18th 9am - Soloman Islands
June 18th 10am - New Zealand/Australia(Auckland)
No wallet for android?

SPV is certainly possible, but because of Android phones using the processors they use, Argon2d is simply not compatible, so a native wallet running on Android is not possible at this moment in time, that doesn't mean it cannot ever be done.
Pages:
Jump to: