Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 1000. (Read 3426921 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
@cbuchner1 I have compiled a few versions of CudaMiner (along with instructions) for Mac OS X users: http://www.johnchapman.net/cudaminer/

I plan to compile an OS X version for each future release (as long as they compile ;-)).  Thanks for the great work!
Activity: 59
I get 230-250 khash/s on my standard 2GB GTX670. Does this sound about average  for a 670?

I have gpu core clocked +100MHz and memory at 1550MHz.

My settings are -i 1 -l K7x32  -C 1 -H 1

K14x16 works well but K7x32 seems to be more consistently high.

I use -i 1 because 0 makes my PC stutter too much. I need that extra power for general usage.

Using -auto always results in a statement saying the results would yield something like 300khash+ but when I run the settings it suggests, I just get 100khash or so.

Also, does memory amount on gpu matter? Cudaminer is only using half of the 2GB available. How do I adjust the memory usage? I thought more memory helps mining.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Is Scrypt jane heavily dependent on memory available? If so how are 6GB Titans performing?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
How can I compile a x64 version?
When I select Release x64 and try to run it, I get an application error: 0xc000007b...

You might want to check if you're using x64 dll's in the executable folder
That makes sense, silly me :p works now Smiley

Can you explain what you did, I have the same problem and which ddl's were responsible ?
Thanks
I used the dlls from the x64 folder of the 18-12 release.
Also, autotune crashed for me: -b 2048 -L 3 -i 1 --algo=scrypt-jane
Edit: It doesn't crash with -L 4, getting me ~4.25 khash/s Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
When I select Release x64 and try to run it, I get an application error: 0xc000007b...

Can you explain what you did, I have the same problem and which ddl's were responsible ?
Thanks

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.

X64 versions neither work for me, but I'm happy with the x32 one.
I read it makes a big difference, so I want to try...
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
X64 versions neither work for me, but I'm happy with the x32 one.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
@cbuchner
Big thanks, new version works.
Even better, hash rate went from Thursdays build to current build from 0.63 kh/s to a whopping 0.93 kh/s! (with -L 2 and -l X54x2 and -i 1)
Will test some more -L variants Smiley

I'll have to test this on my 4GB GTX 660 Fermi card. But I do not think I will see a great benefit from -L 2 or -L 3 because the card has plenty of memory.  Some of the more powerful Fermi cards with memory between 1 and 2MB will benefit greatly I think (GTX 560Ti and up...)

Christian

@cbuchner
Big thanks, new version works.
Even better, hash rate went from Thursdays build to current build from 0.63 kh/s to a whopping 0.93 kh/s! (with -L 2 and -l X54x2 and -i 1)
Will test some more -L variants Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
ktf
Activity: 24
Am I missing something obvious here ? If I let it autotune, it's best is around K59x2 (GTX 660).

If I try to specify that manually :

cudaminer.exe  --algo=scrypt-jane -d 1 -l K59x2  -H 0 -o stratum+tcp://yac.coinmine.pl:9088 -O user:pwd

[2014-01-20 15:05:35] GPU #1: cudaError 4 (unspecified launch failure) calling 'cudaStreamWaitEvent(context_streams[stream][thr_id], context_serialize[(stream+1)&1][thr_id], 0)' (C:/__test/CudaMiner-master/salsa_kernel.cu line 814)
[2014-01-20 15:05:35] GPU #1: cudaError 4 (unspecified launch failure) calling 'cudaEventRecord(context_serialize[stream][thr_id], context_streams[stream][thr_id])' (C:/__test/CudaMiner-master/salsa_kernel.cu line 820)
[2014-01-20 15:05:35] GPU #1: cudaError 4 (unspecified launch failure) calling 'cudaMemcpyAsync(X, context_odata[stream][thr_id], mem_size, cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost, context_streams[stream][thr_id])' (C:/__test/CudaMiner-master/salsa_kernel.cu line 852)
[2014-01-20 15:05:35] GPU #1: cudaError 4 (unspecified launch failure) calling 'cudaStreamQuery(context_streams[stream][thr_id])' (C:/__test/CudaMiner-master/salsa_kernel.cu line 826)
[2014-01-20 15:05:35] GPU #1: cudaError 4 (unspecified launch failure) calling 'cudaStreamSynchronize(context_streams[0][thr_id])' (C:/__test/CudaMiner-master/salsa_kernel.cu line 163)
[2014-01-20 15:05:35] GPU #1: cudaError 4 (unspecified launch failure) calling 'cudaStreamSynchronize(context_streams[1][thr_id])' (C:/__test/CudaMiner-master/salsa_kernel.cu line 164)

I've used the latest code , building in Release x64.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Hmm it seems that in the latest build is the X-Kernel not anymore working on my Fermi.

It works when using the Fermi kernel, but sadly that means lower hash rate (from 0.64 to 0.41). Back to using older build.

I can confirm this now. I probably screwed up when adding the lookup gap support.

EDIT: it is fixed now.
Activity: 168
I think Christian meant that the performance / price/ power consumption ratio is better for gtx 660 ti. He is getting more than 5kh/s on his 780 but seeing how a much cheaper 660 ti gets close to that... I am getting ~5.5kh/s on my GTX 660 SLI as well.

Talking about YAC, any idea what's up with that ? http://yac.coinmine.pl/ - does everyone else get such a high number of unconfirmed ?

YAC Account Balance
Confirmed   34.782172
Unconfirmed   65.638856

Yac takes a while to fully confirm on http://yac.coinmine.pl/ It will slowly change over. So dont worry, you'll get paid.

I'm finding YAC to be falling at the moment, it might be better to look at other coins.
ktf
Activity: 24
I think Christian meant that the performance / price/ power consumption ratio is better for gtx 660 ti. He is getting more than 5kh/s on his 780 but seeing how a much cheaper 660 ti gets close to that... I am getting ~5.5kh/s on my GTX 660 SLI as well.

Talking about YAC, any idea what's up with that ? http://yac.coinmine.pl/ - does everyone else get such a high number of unconfirmed ?

YAC Account Balance
Confirmed   34.782172
Unconfirmed   65.638856
Hmm it seems that in the latest build is the X-Kernel not anymore working on my Fermi.
Getting this error messages repeating:

[2014-01-20 09:06:53] GPU #0: cudaError 4 (unspecified launch failure) calling '
cudaMemcpyAsync(X, context_odata[stream][thr_id], mem_size, cudaMemcpyDeviceToHo
st, context_streams[stream][thr_id])' (C:/Users/Patrick/Desktop/cudaminer/cudami
ner/salsa_kernel.cu line 889)

[2014-01-20 09:06:53] GPU #0: cudaError 4 (unspecified launch failure) calling '
cudaStreamQuery(context_streams[stream][thr_id])' (C:/Users/Patrick/Desktop/cuda
miner/cudaminer/salsa_kernel.cu line 863)

cudaMemcpyAsync(context_idata[stream][thr_id], X, mem_size, cudaMemcpyHostToDevi
ce, context_streams[stream][thr_id])' (C:/Users/Patrick/Desktop/cudaminer/cudami
ner/salsa_kernel.cu line 843)

cudaStreamWaitEvent(context_streams[stream][thr_id], context_serialize[(stream+1
)&1][thr_id], 0)' (C:/Users/Patrick/Desktop/cudaminer/cudaminer/salsa_kernel.cu
line 851)

cudaEventRecord(context_serialize[stream][thr_id], context_streams[stream][thr_i
d])' (C:/Users/Patrick/Desktop/cudaminer/cudaminer/salsa_kernel.cu line 857)

My Start line:
D:\bitcoin\yacoin\test>cudaminer.exe -a scrypt-jane -i 1 -l X13x1 -o http://yac.
coinmine.pl:8882 -O pato.2:password -C 1 -b 4096

It works when using the Fermi kernel, but sadly that means lower hash rate (from 0.64 to 0.41). Back to using older build.
Activity: 34
Sorry for question, but can you help to create cudaminer for Microcoin? As I see it must be like for YAC so it won't be difficult, but I never did it before and have no skills Sad
Should be able to mine microcoin with the github version now, although given that its N factor is still low, performance won't be very good (It will be cpu bound by keccak). I believe cbuchner has plans to eventually push keccak to the GPU, but until then you might be better off with a scrypt-jane patched cgminer, although I haven't seen any binaries floating around so you might be stuck compiling that yourself as well.

I've just managed to get a personal stratum pool up and running. After several hours of fiddling with node.js implementations that weren't really cutting it I finally just set up MPOS. So now I'm thinking about doing some stratum modifications to include scrypt-jane parameters in the job transmissions, which would require modifying cudaminer to change configs on the fly. It would be nice to have config file where I can specify something like "GTX 780: 13, T12x32, L2 : 14, T12x28, L5" Right now I'm having to write scripts to handle different coins, configs, pools, and gpus. Eventually I'd like to set up a scrypt-jane multipool.

Cbuchner why is your 780 doing so poorly? I thought you were getting 3.6 kHs before lookup gaps. It looks like several of us are getting 5+ on Yacoin now.
Activity: 33
I just tried to run the latest version on windows on scrypt with  my newest config of yesterday without L and it seems I lost 100khash/h (was running at 700 (OC...) and now it barely makes 600...)
Do I need to retune ? Or something has changed more drastically ?

I would try using autotune to get another config and see what happens.
Jump to: