Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 1081. (Read 3426918 times)

Activity: 526
Merit: 500
Its all about the Gold
Batshit.CPU is showing as hashing.

Batshit.GPU is still 0 after @20+ minutes.

How to access the log file you mentioned?

BTW, I am running without the proxy now.  Hurray.  I also figured out how to launch the miner and automagically set the priority.  So, I put it in a .bat file and it runs on startup.  That way, it's always running in the background and doesn't get in the way of my machine's real workload which does tend to be intense sometimes (during backups and activities I do for work, for examples).  I have the CPU (minerd.exe) running at low priority and the GPU (cudaminer.exe) [if it ever decides to start working] running at above normal priority so they don't bump.

Here's the command line:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "WhateverWindowTitleNameYouWant" /LOW C:\CPUMiner\minerd.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us3.wemineltc.com:3333 -u workernamehere -p p4ssword

or, one could simply copy and paste the info below as-is (ahem).  Works like a charm!   Wink

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "Batshit.CPU" /LOW C:\CPUMiner\minerd.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us3.wemineltc.com:3333 -u Batshit.CPU -p p4ssword

MOD:  Please add to a sticky.  It took me awhile to figure this out and others may find it useful.

its here :

C:\Windows\System32\logfile.txt

here is a small sample of what it looks like in logfile:

[2013-10-27 04:08:27] GPU #0: GeForce 9600 GT, 769024 hashes, 13.88 khash/s
[2013-10-27 04:09:22] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-10-27 04:09:22] DEBUG: got new work
[2013-10-27 04:09:22] GPU #0: GeForce 9600 GT, 773120 hashes, 13.99 khash/s
[2013-10-27 04:09:46] DEBUG: hash <= target
Hash:   0000003fa4e40222ec0de9e3d142af935494ede3436f4e521c475f5a5a672c30
Target: 000007ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Batshit.CPU is showing as hashing.

Batshit.GPU is still 0 after @20+ minutes.

How to access the log file you mentioned?

BTW, I am running without the proxy now.  Hurray.  I also figured out how to launch the miner and automagically set the priority.  So, I put it in a .bat file and it runs on startup.  That way, it's always running in the background and doesn't get in the way of my machine's real workload which does tend to be intense sometimes (during backups and activities I do for work, for examples).  I have the CPU (minerd.exe) running at low priority and the GPU (cudaminer.exe) [if it ever decides to start working] running at below normal priority so they don't bump.

Here's the command line:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "WhateverWindowTitleNameYouWant" /LOW C:\CPUMiner\minerd.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us3.wemineltc.com:3333 -u workernamehere -p p4ssword

or, one could simply copy and paste the info below as-is (ahem).  Works like a charm!   Wink

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "Batshit.CPU" /LOW C:\CPUMiner\minerd.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us3.wemineltc.com:3333 -u Batshit.CPU -p p4ssword

MOD:  Please add to a sticky.  It took me awhile to figure this out and others may find it useful.
Activity: 526
Its all about the Gold
Nooob Alert!

The Stratum proxy seems to be running, but cudaminer is not doing anything after it launches.  What am I doing wrong (see screen shots)? 

Windows 8 Enterprise x64
nVidia GT 610

I allowed cudaminer through the firewall when prompted by Windows 8.

mine does the same--at first i thought it wasnt working but on mining webpage it shows i was mining so i looked at logfiles and sure enough while it doesnt show on the command prompt it does log every line like usual but just in the log file and not on command screen prompt.

so i would say check your miner webpage and see if yours is also running but not outputting to command prompt.
Also tried using

cudaminer.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us3.wemineltc.com:3333 -u Batshit.GPU -p p4ssword

Still no joy.   Huh
I tried without the proxy with same results as in screen shot.  Command line I used was:

cudaminer.exe -a scrypt -u Batshit.GPU -p p4ssword

I have since installed cpuminer and it is cranking along just fine at an awesome 54 khs/s.  It's an always-on and underutilized home business server, so meh...whatever.   Roll Eyes

I really want to get the GPU hashing to maximize my losses.   Grin
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
@Batshit
what version are you running because stratum has been supported by the last few updates.
so if your using a version fairly new ? there is no reason to use a stratum proxy..

edit: i see you are running the newest one i think so no you should NOT need stratum proxy
also Stratum will kick in by default i believe so no special cmd-lines need to be added for it
try running program with --help command line option in a bat file

also has anyone seen errors when mining on wallets ? (any of them)

i have tinkered around and i don't why but i get a connection error message and a reconnect randomly..
it gives me an error message then reconnects and carries on..
weird cause i can go long periods of time with out one of those errors then wham tons of them out of the blue it seems..

Nooob Alert!

The Stratum proxy seems to be running, but cudaminer is not doing anything after it launches.  What am I doing wrong (see screen shots)? 

Windows 8 Enterprise x64
nVidia GT 610

I allowed cudaminer through the firewall when prompted by Windows 8.

Activity: 821
Merit: 503
btw lub this miner finally can mine with my nvidia cards.. one thing next release please link to 64 bit windows version and tyvm.

Icon
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
ya i looked at that before and kinda wondered what the point was lol
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange

I found the root cause of the socket issues in stratum

in miner.h my typedef size_t ssize_t; should have been a typedef int ssize_t; instead. Then negative return codes for send() and other socket calls can be interpreted and acted upon correctly. I will publish a fixed version this weekend.

Christian

Great!
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

I found the root cause of the socket issues in stratum

in miner.h my typedef size_t ssize_t; should have been a typedef int ssize_t; instead. Then negative return codes for send() and other socket calls can be interpreted and acted upon correctly. I will publish a fixed version this weekend.

Christian
it would appear the stratum_send_line function is holding the socket mutex while the stratum_disconnect function wants to acquire the mutex.
I was able to attach the debugger to a hanging instance of cudaminer.

Christian
I got the dreaded hang again (in 2013-10-10 release), after the "failed to parse newline terminated string" message.

The data we get from the socket is just an empty null terminated string, then the subroutine to parse the string then returns a NULL pointer, after which the code tries to disconnect the tcp connection.

Then the program hangs in the subroutine that is supposed to disconnect the TCP socket. It could be that the code cannot acquire the mutex (held by some other thread), or one of the winsock calls might be blocking.

Christian

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

get the Visual C++ 2010 SP1 runtime for 64 bit this time

Bingo. Thanks.

get the Visual C++ 2010 SP1 runtime for 64 bit this time
Activity: 147
since it was requested, heres fruittool's 64bit build, sorry if you dont have a modern browser or are otherwise unable to use mega

Code:
https://mega.co.nz/#!gZwRDSwQ!GyYVJTQSAWrS2WwKSwnb_U7a9jZ7cgfqltLeslkyTDk

Note: cudart64_55.dll is a renamed version of cudart64_50_35.dll since 55 doesnt work with old drivers, the dll name was hardcoded and new drivers suck for 5xx series cards

the real cudart64_55.dll is included as cudart64_55.rar.

use at your own risk

I am using the 32 bit version of cudaminer from 7/13 and ran into this before but resolved a msvcr100.dll missing error. With this version error is back. Thoughts?

Thanks.

JR
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
since it was requested, heres fruittool's 64bit build, sorry if you dont have a modern browser or are otherwise unable to use mega

Code:
https://mega.co.nz/#!gZwRDSwQ!GyYVJTQSAWrS2WwKSwnb_U7a9jZ7cgfqltLeslkyTDk

Note: cudart64_55.dll is a renamed version of cudart64_50_35.dll since 55 doesnt work with old drivers, the dll name was hardcoded and new drivers suck for 5xx series cards

the real cudart64_55.dll is included as cudart64_55.rar.

use at your own risk
Activity: 129
I got a huge drop in hashrate with dual GTX580 with the October 10 version, from 240 Kh/s each to 180 Kh/s...  Huh
I autotuned again, which gave me the same config as I was using on the older version, and I can't get a better hashrate.

Edit : I was able to retreive my old performance by using -H 1, seems my build doesn't like to send SHA-256 work to the CPU...
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange
On my Tesla c2075 running with -D the new released miner (x64) chose -F112x8 without doing the grid test. Is this the correct behavior?
I get maybe 2-3 khash increase to 163k/s. Longer test is needed to see if there is a real increase. The last miner gave 160k/s

edit: a longer test showed that the increase was more like 5khash/s.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
I have compiled the new repo for 64 bit. Meant i had to compile a 64 bit libcurl but now im getting up to 228khash/s but at the same time getting some nasty cpu usage.
This is a 2.4GHz Core2Quad overclocked to 3GHz.

228kh is amazing for a 560ti, can you share this build?

I can but, don't be surprised if it craps out on anything other than a 560ti 448.

http://www.filedropper.com/cudaminerx64

That link does not work anymore, can someone please post a mirror?

EDIT: Also, with the oct 10th build, the client crashes almost immediately, what am I doing wrong? Works in previous versions of cudaminer:

(Using cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://coinpool.in:3334 -u myuser -p pass -D)

[2013-10-12 15:14:01] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://coinpool.in:3334
[2013-10-12 15:14:01] 1 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2013-10-12 15:14:01] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2013-10-12 15:14:01] Failed to get Stratum session id
[2013-10-12 15:14:01] Stratum difficulty set to 16
[2013-10-12 15:14:01] DEBUG: job_id='c69' extranonce2=00000000 ntime=5259accf
[2013-10-12 15:14:01] Stratum detected new block
*crash*
Jump to: