Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 1093. (Read 3426918 times)

Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
What kind of yield does a Titan get
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
i have discovered a weird error: i have been getting shares ok and been reporting to pools ok and having them match and since i am new to this still virtually especially with mining, this is a first of this error i have seen on any of the forums.
It appears that when i have found and solved a block, i get this error and i am not credited with finding it but the pool gets credit for solving it tho jsut with a "unknown" finder. error is this:

"result does not validate on CPU!"

this is the latest version and i love the program, as it has boosted my hashes greatly but i could not figure out this odd bug.

anyone have any ideas?

It means you're using an invalid configuration for your card. If you were using an old version and upgrade. You must Autotune with the new version. The old configuration may not be valid anymore

Thats Bullshit. All my cards auto tune every time and still get the error.

yes its bullshit.

result does not validate happen and has nothing to do with the card config.

your mining for pool X, connection gets lost and in meantime pool X finds a new block and cudaminer dosnt get the LP, connection restores gets new work but the work thats being put on the GPU is still the old one, which obviously dosnt match the actual work. after this no LP/reconnct fixes it, you have to restart it.
i created a simple bash + expect script to catch this and automatically restart cudaminer Wink

PS: if you look at his posts you see a high % of his post are total bullshit or just FUD -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/lacan82-95137

my posts are bullshit? did you read any of these thread? CPU validation was put in to make sure your card was doing work. When you get that area it means your card isn't actually doing any work at all.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
the "does not validate on CPU" message really indicates a computation error. Try running without texture cache to see if it makes a difference. Also maybe lower any aggressive overclocking you may be running.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
i have discovered a weird error: i have been getting shares ok and been reporting to pools ok and having them match and since i am new to this still virtually especially with mining, this is a first of this error i have seen on any of the forums.
It appears that when i have found and solved a block, i get this error and i am not credited with finding it but the pool gets credit for solving it tho jsut with a "unknown" finder. error is this:

this is the latest version and i love the program, as it has boosted my hashes greatly but i could not figure out this odd bug.

anyone have any ideas?

It means you're using an invalid configuration for your card. If you were using an old version and upgrade. You must Autotune with the new version. The old configuration may not be valid anymore

yes its bullshit.

result does not validate happen and has nothing to do with the card config.

your mining for pool X, connection gets lost and in meantime pool X finds a new block and cudaminer dosnt get the LP, connection restores gets new work but the work thats being put on the GPU is still the old one, which obviously dosnt match the actual work. after this no LP/reconnct fixes it, you have to restart it.
i created a simple bash + expect script to catch this and automatically restart cudaminer Wink

PS: if you look at his posts you see a high % of his post are total bullshit or just FUD -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/lacan82-95137
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
i am watching this aswell, hope it works
Activity: 672
Merit: 501

anyone have any ideas?

Activity: 247

anyone have any ideas?

Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange

Do a search and find out more.
Hey Christian,

Updated Google sheet with my results after flashing the vBIOS of my dual 680Ms (SLI) (letting me to mess with the GPU Clock), and pushing the GPU Clock to +135MHz and the Memory Clock to +350MHz.

Now pulling 280kH/s from just under 2V which is GRAVY! AND even though I'm not in interactive mode, it's having cray little slow-down effect on my laptop.

One thing that I noticed is that with the OC settings in place, auto-tune acted all kinds of batshit when I was trying to tune both cards at once. Took upwards of an hour and debug output was out of sync and held no reality to the actual speeds I could pull.

So I just tuned one card at a time, that worked out fine.

Time to get desktop on it meow. Let us know how you go with that GT640 an if I buy one I'll totefully hit you with some LTC 4 the ref.

I dont know enough about mining to compare this for me, but how do you think our nvidia mining is stacking up against amd mining now? Are we at like 60%, or higher?

Be perfect!! =!= all my bests

Price per card vs return is very poor when using Nvidia. I guess if you currently have em then its much better... but I would not go out to buy one.

anyone have any ideas?

That is not something new. I get that from time to time... not sure what causes this. It seems to happen way more on my 660 than the 450.
Activity: 526
Its all about the Gold

anyone have any ideas?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hey Christian,

Updated Google sheet with my results after flashing the vBIOS of my dual 680Ms (SLI) (letting me to mess with the GPU Clock), and pushing the GPU Clock to +135MHz and the Memory Clock to +350MHz.

Now pulling 280kH/s from just under 2V which is GRAVY! AND even though I'm not in interactive mode, it's having cray little slow-down effect on my laptop.

One thing that I noticed is that with the OC settings in place, auto-tune acted all kinds of batshit when I was trying to tune both cards at once. Took upwards of an hour and debug output was out of sync and held no reality to the actual speeds I could pull.

So I just tuned one card at a time, that worked out fine.

Time to get desktop on it meow. Let us know how you go with that GT640 an if I buy one I'll totefully hit you with some LTC 4 the ref.

I dont know enough about mining to compare this for me, but how do you think our nvidia mining is stacking up against amd mining now? Are we at like 60%, or higher?

Be perfect!! =!= all my bests
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
There are some new affordable cards on the market, based on the GK208 chip. They are called GT640, clocked at 902 MHz and they have the same hardware features as the GeForce Titan. That is compute capability 3.5.

I expect that they obtain a formidable scrypt hashing power for their 45 Watts peak power consumption.

I ordered one, so I can finally optimize and debug this Titan kernel without relying on third parties for test runs Wink

Christian

P.S. Watch out that you don't get the older GT640 models based on the GK107 chip, if you buy one.

Oh where did buy it from? Oh okay never mind I see one on eBay now, cool.
Merit: 502
There are some new affordable cards on the market, based on the GK208 chip. They are called GT640, clocked at 902 MHz and they have the same hardware features as the GeForce Titan. That is compute capability 3.5.

I expect that they obtain a formidable scrypt hashing power for their 45 Watts peak power consumption.

I ordered one, so I can finally optimize and debug this Titan kernel without relying on third parties for test runs Wink

Christian

P.S. Watch out that you don't get the older GT640 models based on the GK107 chip, if you buy one.

Activity: 675
Merit: 514
Okay it was my AV, i've disabled it for now. As for the batch file I created it doesn't seem to be working. it keeps going to default settings.
maybe I typed it wrong?  "mining_proxy.exe -pa scrypt -o pool.de1.bigltc.stratum.cc  -p 8336"
Should be working.
My batch file looks like this:
Code:
@echo off
D:
cd \stratumproxy-ltc
mining_proxy.exe -pa scrypt -nm --host coinotron.com --port 3334
pause
And cudaMiner:
Code:
cudaminer -O name:password -o http://localhost:8332 -C 2 -i 0 --no-autotune -l 14x8
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
if someone can get me over 180mhash for stock gtx 680 khash you'll get a finder's fee. PM me
this is scrypt not sha256d
if someone can get me over 180mhash for stock gtx 680 khash you'll get a finder's fee. PM me
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Thanks for this Christian; LTC coming your way as soon as I actually have some.

After careful configuration, driver upgrade (620.18 works sooo much better for me, despite others' troubles), and memory overclock, I'm pulling:
238kH/s from my dual GeForce 680Ms.

Not bad for a laptop. And it's chilling at 70degC.

I might try to hack stratum support into this if I get time. noo promises.

Nice1 {=
Activity: 252
now poolers cpu miner (which cudaminer is based on) has stratum support https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2451455
would it be easier to implement stratum in cudaminer?
Activity: 252
Any word on stratum implementation?

Also, anyone know where i can get a stratum proxy?
this one worked for me https://github.com/CryptoManiac/stratum-mining-proxy

mining_proxy.exe -pa scrypt -o thepools.stratum.url  -p portnumber

set cudminer to -o http://127.0.0.1:8332

hey there, I downloaded the exe but I don't see how im supposed to be able to change the pool? since I can't type in the console window. also after loading the console the exe deletes itself and I have to download it again.
could be your av deleting it, you also need to start it with a bat file (put the commands in a text file and rename it to yourfilename.bat)

Okay it was my AV, i've disabled it for now. As for the batch file I created it doesn't seem to be working. it keeps going to default settings.
maybe I typed it wrong?  "mining_proxy.exe -pa scrypt -o pool.de1.bigltc.stratum.cc  -p 8336"
maybe you have the port number wrong
Jump to: