Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 1089. (Read 3426918 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
a missing file should be easy to add. Taking the one from pooler's cpuminer distribution should work.

alternatively

chmod +x autogen.sh
./autogen.sh

will create this .in file.

Christian
Activity: 89
Merit: 10

The code repo on github should now be compileable on both Windows and Linux.

Well, almost.

Code:

checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
[...]
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating compat/Makefile
config.status: creating compat/jansson/Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: `cpuminer-config.h.in'

The code repo on github should now be compileable on both Windows and Linux.
Activity: 89
Okay, now I have a new cudaMiner windows binary with working stratum protocol. [...]
Linux compilation may currently be borked.

Indeed, it is.

Code:
$ unzip CudaMiner-master.zip
$ cd CudaMiner-master/
$ chmod u+x configure configure.sh
$ ./configure "CFLAGS=-O3" "CXXFLAGS=-O3" --with-cuda=/opt/cuda/
$ configure: error: cannot find sources (cuda-miner.cpp) in . or ..

Questions related to stratum bugs and stratum implementation should be stated in pooler's cpuminer thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/an-even-more-optimized-version-of-cpuminer-poolers-cpuminer-cpu-only-55038

I cannot really answer such questions appropriately, as I haven't written this code. Any bug report directed to pooler will help him fix his implementation, which in turn can be merged into cudaminer within a matter of days.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Well i take that back, it would appear to start and go thur its opening but just hangs here :

C:\Windows\system32>setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

SUCCESS: Specified value was saved.

C:\Windows\system32>setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
your using ati relevent assigns on an nvidia card. dont do that, just run the miner. it also doesnt pipe to txt as you have found out

I think there is 3% increase of hash rate. Thanks!  I still see problems (stratum timeout adn reconnection) that arre probably related to network with coinotron.  But the stale rate should be lower. Haven't had enough shares to prove it.
For pools that have variable difficulty, can the new cudaminer show share difficulty?
+1 its great to finally get stratum but after the headache of getting the proxy to work it was nice to see the share diff
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange
I think there is 3% increase of hash rate. Thanks!  I still see problems (stratum timeout adn reconnection) that arre probably related to network with coinotron.  But the stale rate should be lower. Haven't had enough shares to prove it.
For pools that have variable difficulty, can the new cudaminer show share difficulty?

ed: more like 5%
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
Thanks for the new release  Grin
Activity: 292
Currently using the new release of cudaminer (w/stratum) but just got this error message "stratum_recv_line failed to parse a newline-terminated string". Is this a bug with the client?
Activity: 388
Testing the new release with stratum mining and pleased to report that my stale shares are practically no more! Will keep it running some more, but feeling confident that this bugbear has been dealt with.
Activity: 526
Its all about the Gold
Well i take that back, it would appear to start and go thur its opening but just hangs here :

C:\Windows\system32>setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

C:\Windows\system32>setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

C:\Windows\system32>"C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\cudaminer-cbuchner\Cuda miner 7 12
2013\CudaMiner-master\cudaminer.exe" -d 0 -i 1 -l auto -C 0 -D  -o goldbit.1:xxx
xxxpool7813   2>logfile.txt
           *** CudaMiner for nVidia GPUs by Christian Buchner ***
                     This is version 2013-04-30 (alpha)
        based on pooler-cpuminer 2.2.3 (c) 2010 Jeff Garzik, 2012 pooler
               Cuda additions Copyright 2013 Christian Buchner
           My donation address: LKS1WDKGED647msBQfLBHV3Ls8sveGncnm

Activity: 526
Its all about the Gold
getting this error with this setup:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

"C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\cudaminer-cbuchner\Cuda miner 7 12 2013\CudaMiner-master\cudaminer.exe" -d 0 -i 1 -l auto -C 0
-o stratum+tcp://www.fastcoin.tk:8348 -O xxx.1:xxxxpool7813 -m -D 2>logfile.txt

[ ] 1 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[ ] HTTP request failed: Failed connect to 127.0.0.32; No
error
[ ] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 15 seconds
error
[ ] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 15 seconds
error

how do i resolve this?

*** UPDATE ***  
appears i fixed it just by re arranging everything:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

"C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\cudaminer-cbuchner\Cuda miner 7 12 2013\CudaMiner-master\cudaminer.exe" -d 0 -i 1 -l auto -C 0 -m -D 2>logfile.txt -o xxxx.1:xxxxpool7813  -o stratum+tcp://www.fastcoin.tk:8348
cudaMiner 2013-07-13 release is out.

No changes were done to the CUDA parts, I simply inherited stratum and other small fixes from pooler's latest cpuminer 2.3.2 release version.

Check the README.txt file for an example on the stratum URL syntax. I successfully tested this on coinotron.com.

I still take donations Wink

Christian

P.S. The next steps will be:
a) cleaning up the CUDA code and modularizing it better.
b) I intend to improve the performance of the Titan kernel
c) add back the old "special" kernel for legacy devices (compute 1.x).
Okay, now I have a new cudaMiner windows binary with working stratum protocol. It just took less than 90 minutes to put all my CUDA related changes into pooler's code. I will need a few more hours to package a nice release version. Linux compilation may currently be borked. I was focusing on a clean Windows/Visual C++ port of the original cpuminer code, so testing compilation on Linux was not a priority.
I wonder the performances of these cards for laptops:

• GT 730M
  • GT 620M

Anyone mining with these?

some newer GT730M now ship based on the newer GK208 die - Meaning they have a barrel shifter that accelerates SHA256 and scrypt, and these can use 255 registers per thread. Currently expect around 40 kHash/s in scrypt from these models - I am planning to optimize the code further. I think 60-80kHash might be achieved.

A relevant thread on the nvidia forums:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/546357/sounds-like-gk208-laptops-cards-will-support-most-sm_35-features/

Couple this with pooler's cpuminer running AVX2 instructions on Intel Haswell chips, and you've got pretty good hashing power for a laptop.

Activity: 359
I wonder the performances of these cards for laptops:

• GT 730M
  • GT 620M

Anyone mining with these?
Activity: 66
I'm currently experiencing something weird with cudaminer. Khash/s jumps a lot, from being stable at 165 Kh/s to sometimes hashing at 160, 155, 80, 140, and so. Launch config at 70x2 then autoconfig. Still weird.

have you tried running with -i 0 ?

Not yet, because I've been using the computer while mining, but I hadn't seen that happen before. I will try and post back with results.

Also, trying with -l 35x4 certainly gives more stable results, but hashrate is a little lower. I get 155 kh/s give or take with it.

Edit: Just switched to -i 0 -l 70x2, and cudaminer's back to 165+ kh/s stable. It didn't need the -i 0 switch before, but the PC's still responsive enough to use while mining, so all is good, I guess. If only the GTX 670's fan didn't sound like a jet engine...
Is there a way to have log and share files saved to the computer much like cgminer does? If so what is the command i need to add to batch file?

No specific logging yet. But as cudaMiner will always have an identical feature set to pooler's cpuminer (like for example the stratum support), you might want to direct such wishes at the maintainer of the cpuminer project. This is pooler himself (he also has a forum account here, and his project is also on github where you can make feature requests).
I'm currently experiencing something weird with cudaminer. Khash/s jumps a lot, from being stable at 165 Kh/s to sometimes hashing at 160, 155, 80, 140, and so. Launch config at 70x2 then autoconfig. Still weird.

have you tried running with -i 0 ?

Jump to: