Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 14. (Read 3426875 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Hi Everyone,

Most of you wont know me but a few will. My Original account "bigjme" has been hacked and a proof of me being me can be found here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/flag-a-hacked-account-1156114

As a heads up to people still using it, cudamining.co.uk will expire on 06/08/2016 as that is when i own the domain until. As i have been out of crypto for a LONG time, there are no funds left to keep the domain purchased.
Hosting will remain active until the domain expires, and if anyone would like information from the website before it shuts, i will gladly give it out.

I should get the main account back at some point, but for now, happy mining!
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484
born once atheist
never open the RPC port on your router ! are you a fool ? :p RPC = "Remote Procedure Call" except if you want to be remotely withdrawed ;p

Of course I'm a fool! I'm trying to set up solo mining!  LOL

Actually, opening all the ports was a move of desperation. Nothing I've done has worked, so I tried the shotgun method.  That did not work either, so it must be something else getting in the way. 

I've pretty much given up now, since even after trying everything suggested (and more), there's been no change.  I'm still not able to get CudaMiner to even really 'attempt' to mine.   Undecided

You're trying to solo mine from one pc to wallet on another pc? 127.0.0.1 is not going to work in that case. Try temporary disabling firewalls and internet security software on both pcs.

No. Wallet and Miner are on the same PC.

try this...
Create a new shortcut to the qt wallet. right click on it then click properties. append the
target path with --->  " --server "   (no quotes). close wallet and reopen with this edited shortcut

probably no help but cant hurt to try. good luck
its what i was told to do to solo-mine diamond coin. .it works for me. just found my 1st solo block yesterday. all of 8cents worth. yee haaa!

I've been using the -server tag from the start, but just to be thorough, I tried it with 2 dashes, like you have written.  No change. Still 404 not found.  :-(

for my 750ti  I needed a  "T5x24" (no quotes) in the batch file like this:

cudaminer.exe -o ***** -u ***** -p y -i 0 -l T5x24 -m 1 -C 1.  didnt work without it.

Now that was for pool mining. Not sure if this applies to solo mining scrypt.
I'm solo mining Diamond ATM using CCminer Groestl algo and the T5X24 is not in my batch.
Just throwin it out there as Im really curious to know what the issue is. Sounds like you have everything covered. Be interested to know what it is/was if/when you fix. good luck.
Activity: 15
never open the RPC port on your router ! are you a fool ? :p RPC = "Remote Procedure Call" except if you want to be remotely withdrawed ;p

Actually, opening all the ports was a move of desperation. Nothing I've done has worked, so I tried the shotgun method.  That did not work either, so it must be something else getting in the way. 

I've pretty much given up now, since even after trying everything suggested (and more), there's been no change.  I'm still not able to get CudaMiner to even really 'attempt' to mine.   Undecided

When i said open i meant allowed thru the firewall. Excuse me for my incorrect use of words & general noobishness. Tongue

No worries. I just wish I'd been able to figure it out.   Sad

You're trying to solo mine from one pc to wallet on another pc? 127.0.0.1 is not going to work in that case. Try temporary disabling firewalls and internet security software on both pcs.

try this...
Create a new shortcut to the qt wallet. right click on it then click properties. append the
target path with --->  " --server "   (no quotes). close wallet and reopen with this edited shortcut

its what i was told to do to solo-mine diamond coin. .it works for me. just found my 1st solo block yesterday. all of 8cents worth. yee haaa!

I've been using the -server tag from the start, but just to be thorough, I tried it with 2 dashes, like you have written.  No change. Still 404 not found.  :-(
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

When i said open i meant allowed thru the firewall. Excuse me for my incorrect use of words & general noobishness. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484
born once atheist

try this...

Activity: 750
Merit: 500
i have NVIDIA GeForce 210 
how can i mine cryptocurrency with it ?

please if someone has a totorial , post it here

Sell it to a museum and buy a more modern card Wink

https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

You'll need something with AT LEAST compute version 3.0/3.5
Activity: 574
i have NVIDIA GeForce 210 
how can i mine cryptocurrency with it ?

please if someone has a totorial , post it here
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
try to use http://127.0.0.1 or localhost instead of 127.0.0.1 in your miner.

Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I

Activity: 750

last time I checked the cuda miner did not have support for my NVIDIA.

I have NVIDIA GeForce 7050/NVIDIA nForce 620i

Any support for that?

antiquity museum ? may-be...
Come on... the card is 8 years old time to buy a new one... it has ROI'd at least 5 years ago...

but cuda miner is completely useless for this, why not just make the cuda miner have support for this model of NVIDIA? That would be much easier for me

Can't tell if serious....

cudaminer will never support that old of a card because...well...the card itself doesn't support cuda.  Thats like asking someone to make a cd-rom drive support 5.25" floppy disks Tongue
Activity: 30

Any support for that?

Come on... the card is 8 years old time to buy a new one... it has ROI'd at least 5 years ago...

but cuda miner is completely useless for this, why not just make the cuda miner have support for this model of NVIDIA? That would be much easier for me
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

Any support for that?

Come on... the card is 8 years 10years old. time to buy a new one... it has ROI'd at least 5 years ago... (as nobody keeps that for that long...)

also the card seems older than cuda itself...  Grin
Activity: 30

Any support for that?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
Just try a pool, i have always found it easier that way as they tell you what to put where & lots of other people are already doing it so there is always help available.

That kinda defeats the purpose.  I may do it for a little bit, but the idea was not so much about making money as it was figuring out how this works.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Just try a pool, i have always found it easier that way as they tell you what to put where & lots of other people are already doing it so there is always help available.
@RandomNoob:

How about commenting out (or temporarily removing):
block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493

I don't recall ever seeing these parameters before, so I guess they look alien to me.
Other than that, do you have a sync'ed wallet?

Took those out.  Tried.  Failed.  Same messages.

Yes, wallet is synched and up to date.

Have you opened your rpcport in the firewall?

Yes. In both my OS firewall and in my Router's port forwarding.

Okay. Where do you have your .conf file? It should be in %appdata%/litecoin

It's here:  C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Litecoin
that is correct. Ok last thing i know about is port should be 9332, if it is so then i don't know what else could be wrong.

Yep, and that's where I'm stuck.  Just to be thorough, I've tried various combinations of ports 8333, 8332, 9333, 9332, and some random numbers. Making sure they all matched and the ports were open.  I've tried the standard 127.0.0.1, as well as my internal IP of 192.168.1.2.

I have no idea what to check next.  This is why I wanted to start simple, so there are less variables to work with.  But it appears that something out of the ordinary must be getting in the way.  :-(
Pages:
Jump to: