Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 553. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
weirdly for jackpot coin i have a stake of over 800000 but no balance, even with over 3000 confirms
grr its so annoying, i use to mine yac etc. and now i cant even remember

i need to find a launch config for my 750Ti's then find somewhere to mine at, last time i tried i got nothing but issues
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
i am calculating from what i am earning in 24 hours, currently 730grs, mintpals current avg price is 0.00000650, thats at 10.5MH/s

730 * 0.00000650 = 0.004745BTC

can you tell me how you calculated the stuff from diff etc.
i really want to do a proper realtime profit calc

Great article for this info with excellent explanation:
http://www.holynerdvana.com/2014/02/how-to-calculate-coins-per-day-for-any.html

Btw don't mine groestl if you want profit. Mine scrypt-jane (N=>12).
My tips for today (please don't tell Christian  Grin): mine Jackpotcoin. My 30x750Tis farm earned me 100$ for last 30 hours.

Greets,

Check YAC and see if that would be more profitable for you.

This is what I mean with scrypt-jane N>=12 coins Wink. YAC includes.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
i am calculating from what i am earning in 24 hours, currently 730grs, mintpals current avg price is 0.00000650, thats at 10.5MH/s

My tips for today (please don't tell Christian  Grin): mine Jackpotcoin. My 30x750Tis farm earned me 100$ for last 30 hours.

Greets,

Check YAC and see if that would be more profitable for you.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Asked before but never got an answer.

Will ccminer and cudaminer ever be merged or are they now on definite separate paths?
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

basicly, it's:

Code:
(1 / (86400 / (difficulty * 2^32 / hashrate))) * block reward
to get the coins you earn each day (where 86400 is the number of seconds in 24h). From there, the rest is simple. Coins * current price. A few things to notice:

1. difficulty jumps like crazy, so groestl for example is 199.54 now, and the next seconds it jumps to 263 which of course has a big impact on profit. Due to the fast re-allocation times of difficulty you would need to get an average value over lets say the last hour to get better results. Also, the price is a bit tricky. Sometimes the last price you get from the exchanges is only a fake buy of one coin where the average price is much lower.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
@christian

maybe you can understand this in ccminer
even if i set compute_20 and sm_20 it still compiles using -gencode=arch=compute_35,code=\"sm_35,compute_35\"
now i know sm_20 is literally a shortcut for -arch=compute_20

is it passing it from somewhere else other then the project=>cuda  c/c++=>device?

on Linux we've set it up so all compute versions end up in the same binary. I wish it was easier to do the same for Windows.

The only thing that is really missing is an automatic code path selection in the table based Groestl code (that's the ugly #define MAXWELL_OR_FERMI)

Christian

My tips for today (please don't tell Christian  Grin): mine Jackpotcoin. My 30x750Tis farm earned me 100$ for last 30 hours.

Greets,

is jackpotcoin even selling?
luck with 3 750Ti's solo mining may not be so good
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Lmao. I can not wait to get the new groestl code. Its going to be amazing! Are you still waiting to get x11 finished before you release it christian?

two more hash functions need bugfixing and polish, then X11 will run adequately. The SIMD hash is particularly nasty.

can we know what's the estimated hashrate for x11 750ti ?

"adequate"  Wink

adequate means one 750 Ti beats one R9 290. That's what we're aiming for.

Christian

Greets,

legendary
ok, that was indeed the problem, now I'm back @ 16000khash. Thanks. Unfortunately, the profitability is way too low (0.00315/day) which means, that even if the algo can be boosted to 200% of the current speed, it's not profitable compared to other coins Sad

i am earning 0.0048312BTC a day on 3 750Ti's
after taking out power usage of my entire room, that is including my dac and audio stuff, i am still maing £0.67 a day
the improvement is said to triple performance, so that would boost my daily income to 0.0144936BTC or or an income of £118 a month, enough to pay for an entire card every month, even if i cover the £17 power bill out my own pocket

what is your calculation for that? I take realtime values for each calculation (diff/price). At the moment I write it's:

diff: 199.4977
price: 0.00000580
speed: 16000khash/s

which results in: 0.0033052247BTC a day
ok, that was indeed the problem, now I'm back @ 16000khash. Thanks. Unfortunately, the profitability is way too low (0.00315/day) which means, that even if the algo can be boosted to 200% of the current speed, it's not profitable compared to other coins Sad

i am earning 0.0048312BTC a day on 3 750Ti's
after taking out power usage of my entire room, that is including my dac and audio stuff, i am still maing £0.67 a day
the improvement is said to triple performance, so that would boost my daily income to 0.0144936BTC or or an income of £118 a month, enough to pay for an entire card every month, even if i cover the £17 power bill out my own pocket
legendary
alright, I'm kinda confused right now. I haven't mined groestl in a while (because of the low profit), but I wanted to give the new ccminer a try. So I compiled it from github (after fixing the spelling error in both .cu files), and the result for my 5x750Ti rig is not what I expected. I get 13000khash for the rig, which means it's 2600khash per card. I'm running ubuntu 13.10 so, obviously, no overclocks.

The strange thing is, that my profitability calculator which I wrote a while back (and which basicly decides what to mine) has 16000khash in it. And I'm pretty much sure, that I got that khash when I last mined groestl. Also, there is absolutely no other coin which I could have confused with groestl.

I will try the old 0.5 version again, but I wonder if the old 16000khash value is possible for my stock clock rig?

you fixed the spelling error but did you set #define MAXWELL_OR_FERMI 1
in both files?

Here is my fix: quick & dirty  Grin
EDIT: I managed to solve the bugs by deleting these two if clause in parse_config and parse_cmdline function. Ugly quick fix but it works:

if (opt_algo == ALGO_HEAVY && opt_vote == 9999) {
fprintf(stderr, "%s: Heavycoin hash requires block reward vote parameter (see --vote)\n",
argv[0]);
show_usage_and_exit(1);
}

yeh i found that, it does select the correct algo right?
doesn't look like my fix works, or even compiles, i knew it was the algo issue. it seems like it just doesnt set the algorithm up properly.
have you tested it mining to make sure it changes the algo from heavycoin?

the config selection is soooo messy its unreal
me thinks it needs re-writing

Here is my fix: quick & dirty  Grin

EDIT: I managed to solve the bugs by deleting these two if clause in parse_config and parse_cmdline function. Ugly quick fix but it works:

if (opt_algo == ALGO_HEAVY && opt_vote == 9999) {
fprintf(stderr, "%s: Heavycoin hash requires block reward vote parameter (see --vote)\n",
argv[0]);
show_usage_and_exit(1);
}
legendary
uhm...well no. I thought it's either change the spelling error "MAXWELL_OR_FEMRI" OR change the definition? But I might have missed that part. I'll give it a try, thanks!
alright, I'm kinda confused right now. I haven't mined groestl in a while (because of the low profit), but I wanted to give the new ccminer a try. So I compiled it from github (after fixing the spelling error in both .cu files), and the result for my 5x750Ti rig is not what I expected. I get 13000khash for the rig, which means it's 2600khash per card. I'm running ubuntu 13.10 so, obviously, no overclocks.

The strange thing is, that my profitability calculator which I wrote a while back (and which basicly decides what to mine) has 16000khash in it. And I'm pretty much sure, that I got that khash when I last mined groestl. Also, there is absolutely no other coin which I could have confused with groestl.

I will try the old 0.5 version again, but I wonder if the old 16000khash value is possible for my stock clock rig?

you fixed the spelling error but did you set #define MAXWELL_OR_FERMI 1
in both files?
legendary

doesn't look like my fix works, or even compiles, i knew it was the algo issue. it seems like it just doesnt set the algorithm up properly.
have you tested it mining to make sure it changes the algo from heavycoin?

the config selection is soooo messy its unreal
me thinks it needs re-writing
found the issue, and its a simple one, interested?

Which issue? You only have 2 types of cards to test right?
Jump to: