Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 615. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I have been thinking the same. Bitcoins have dropped by over £100 in the uk in the last week. Worth around £250 a coin! I remember back when it was over £500 Sad

Im sure it will pick up aslong as rumours from china stop
Unless they aren't rumors, who knows, but then again that's why I kept 1BTC lol, I know I am offtopic, all the cares Roll Eyes
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I have been thinking the same. Bitcoins have dropped by over £100 in the uk in the last week. Worth around £250 a coin! I remember back when it was over £500 Sad

Im sure it will pick up aslong as rumours from china stop
I just sold 1 BTC that I got since the whole Maxcoin deal, I am really sad that I didn't sell them right away  Cry

Now probably was the worst time to sell tbh Sad

It'll come back up.
That's what I have been thinking all week Wink
Guys there is an easy solution to all the crap. Buy a decent power supply! If your throwing over $1000 on 6 cards, why not spend $200 on a decent fully modular psu that you can connect like 9 molex strands to? My corsair rm power supply has enough sockets that i could connect atleast 9 entire molex strand, not plugs, entire strands. Thats more then enough to do any rig. Dont skimp out on the psu! If your psu goes it will take your cards with it!
Activity: 154
I just sold 1 BTC that I got since the whole Maxcoin deal, I am really sad that I didn't sell them right away  Cry

Now probably was the worst time to sell tbh Sad

It'll come back up.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I will tell you what the problem is , i have the same one and we discussed it 2 pages back.
The problem is the lack of external molex on the Gpu and the stupidity of the usb risers and their lack of geting power from the pci-e slot.
So the usb risers get power only from the sata connector and when you put 3 or 4 gpu-s they take about 160w from the sata line , and if you see on your power supply the max is 130-140w . So the power is low and the pc restarts or shuts down. You can check it like this , when it is workin , just plug in the usb of your mobo a power hungry device like dvd rw and your phone to charge and you will see the imediate effect. one of the cards will stop and the blue screen apears and the system shuts down.
So if you want to mine with cudaminer using non powered gpus like evga oc edition , then you have to use non usb risers , but the old riboon risers , they don`t cause such a problem , cause the gpu gets it power from the pci-e slot.
If you want to use usb risers then you have to get a gpu that has external power molex , so that you don`t get all power from the sata line.
That is the bloody f--king problem and it suckes a lot.

you're right.... I try to connect my r9 290x with riser Not powered (but with external gpus molex)  and 3 750ti and everything works fine https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi61.tinypic.com%2F52nj8w.jpg&t=538&c=CQw1tEx4TxTiZg
Sadly, I am and now I have to buy new risers and bild the rig a stand.
Buy 750 ti only with external power molex people!!! Grin
Too late...  But with as rock h81 pro Btc ? This mobo have the pci-e power supply and we can use riser not powered.. Right?

You definitely can!
Activity: 658
Merit: 504
Bullandterrier

I will tell you what the problem is , i have the same one and we discussed it 2 pages back.
The problem is the lack of external molex on the Gpu and the stupidity of the usb risers and their lack of geting power from the pci-e slot.
So the usb risers get power only from the sata connector and when you put 3 or 4 gpu-s they take about 160w from the sata line , and if you see on your power supply the max is 130-140w . So the power is low and the pc restarts or shuts down. You can check it like this , when it is workin , just plug in the usb of your mobo a power hungry device like dvd rw and your phone to charge and you will see the imediate effect. one of the cards will stop and the blue screen apears and the system shuts down.
So if you want to mine with cudaminer using non powered gpus like evga oc edition , then you have to use non usb risers , but the old riboon risers , they don`t cause such a problem , cause the gpu gets it power from the pci-e slot.
If you want to use usb risers then you have to get a gpu that has external power molex , so that you don`t get all power from the sata line.

you're right.... I try to connect my r9 290x with riser Not powered (but with external gpus molex)  and 3 750ti and everything works fine https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi61.tinypic.com%2F52nj8w.jpg&t=538&c=CQw1tEx4TxTiZg
Too late...  But with as rock h81 pro Btc ? This mobo have the pci-e power supply and we can use riser not powered.. Right?
Activity: 676
Merit: 500

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
any idea what algo&settings are best suited for older cards like GTS450?

No clue with such an old arch...but fermi runs hvc best.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
any idea what algo&settings are best suited for older cards like GTS450?

PS: also, which miner to use? I can't find binaries for cudaminer newer than 28-02, altho in github source is updated to 21-03 ?
Bullandterrier

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

Underclock, overclock 4 gb ram, 8 gb ram
doesn't work!!!!!!  
wtf!

does your mainboard BIOS have an option to reduce the PCIe "generation" (i.e. version) from 3 to 2?
For some people this has helped in the past when they had stability issues.

Christian
Hi, i have a problem with my rig.. Windows 7 find correctly all gpu ( 4 palit 750 ti oc) but when cudaminer start the driver crash or sometimes crash all the system and appear a blu and white windows and after the pc reboot. I use powered riser and so i don't think that the problem is the power or the voltage..
With only 3 gpu the rig works fine..

Setup:
4 gtx palit 750 ti
mobo https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4A79XTD_EVO/#overview 
windows 7
4gb ram
Psu corsair Rm 850 Gold
riser usb powered
Drivers 335

Someone can help me?? Huh

Thanks you guys
I just sold 1 BTC that I got since the whole Maxcoin deal, I am really sad that I didn't sell them right away  Cry

I am going to hold on to my remaining BTC...
Probably smart, unless the Chinese decide to perma-ban it, which rumours say it is going to... Mining definately has no value for me anymore though.
I still have 1BTC too so I have some hope  Roll Eyes
Bullandterrier
You need more ram.  6gb might work but 8 is recommended if you want stability.

I run a 6 card rig just fin with 4gb of ram.

What coins/algos do you mine?

Gotcha! :p

All of 'em -- Anything cudaminer or ccminer runs.  Tongue
No problems.

I could get mine to run with 4gb on Win7 x64 also, but I couldn't get as high of overclocks from it and one card would randomly crash sometime within 24hrs most of the time.  I'm sure it depends on the motherboard and other stuff as well.  Linux should run 6 just fine with 4gb, windows will will require more than 4gb for most people though.

I tried with 8 Gb ram... crash again!!!
Now i try to underclock all gpu..

thanks you guys

Underclock, overclock 4 gb ram, 8 gb ram
doesn't work!!!!!! 
wtf!

Bullandterrier
You need more ram.  6gb might work but 8 is recommended if you want stability.

I run a 6 card rig just fin with 4gb of ram.

What coins/algos do you mine?

Gotcha! :p

All of 'em -- Anything cudaminer or ccminer runs.  Tongue
No problems.

I could get mine to run with 4gb on Win7 x64 also, but I couldn't get as high of overclocks from it and one card would randomly crash sometime within 24hrs most of the time.  I'm sure it depends on the motherboard and other stuff as well.  Linux should run 6 just fine with 4gb, windows will will require more than 4gb for most people though.

I tried with 8 Gb ram... crash again!!!
Now i try to underclock all gpu..

thanks you guys
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

I am going to hold on to my remaining BTC...
If it helps anyone, on my 3 750Ti's i was getting the drivers crash every few hours mining heavy with them at stock. Ive overclocked then to 1300MHz and no crashing and they seem to be running a lot better
Jump to: