Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 865. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
MaxCoin ‏@maxcoinproject 
Having trouble with pools? http://maxcoinpool.com  is now online!
doesnt work with this one too stratum needs fixing i guess
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
http://maxcoinpool.com/ downs right after found the first block  Grin

Nethash is 450Ghs and diff over 4000 already. Keep my last 500 MAX and will see the market Cheesy
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Im mining at maxcoinpool.com, My miner is spinning around giving me 1000 Accepted shares in 4minutes. Yet at the pool it only shows 100valid,  Anyone else experiencing this?

They haven't properly modified the pool software to handle maxcoin. It works, it just doesn't represent it properly. I now have an unconfirmed balance, we'll see if it pays out.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
i moaned at the admins of the exchange  Roll Eyes

their going to sort something out to drastically shorten the queue to allow decent trades
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
thank you. this was my point
people are still buying at 0.015 or more
yet people are still selling at 0.011

why???

This is that shooting a comet example I brought up (admittedly not the smoothest example).

The coins-e trades are delayed as much as 3-4 hours from placement to "accepted" let alone "executed". This causes these wide gaps since the trades you are seeing were posted 3-4 hours earlier.

The idea is not to trade for how things are NOW, but to try and trade for how things are in 3-4 hours. Very hard to do, but if you read things right it can be profitable.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Im mining at maxcoinpool.com, My miner is spinning around giving me 1000 Accepted shares in 4minutes. Yet at the pool it only shows 100valid,  Anyone else experiencing this?

I can even register. Keeps telling me that the token has expired  Huh
The problem is more a general populous misunderstanding of the importance of Market Depth. It's not that a small trade will directly tank a crypto it's more that there is a focus on the rate of exchange over market depth causing people who are less aware of thing to panic sell, thus tanking the market, temporarily. It will recover and anyone watching for it can profit from it but a small trade can easily bring down a crypto in the short term Cheesy

thank you. this was my point
people are still buying at 0.015 or more
yet people are still selling at 0.011

why???
Activity: 140
the exchanges should sort something out or everyone selling low should have there arse's kicked
im sure if we all started selling bitcoins at $1 for 0.0000001

the price of bitcoin would fall through the floor

you have no idea how markets work, right?

The problem is more a general populous misunderstanding of the importance of Market Depth. It's not that a small trade will directly tank a crypto it's more that there is a focus on the rate of exchange over market depth causing people who are less aware of thing to panic sell, thus tanking the market, temporarily. It will recover and anyone watching for it can profit from it but a small trade can easily bring down a crypto in the short term Cheesy
no thats right, people are wanting to buy for more and are willing to, but people are putting low sales on and driving it down. the queue is so long noone has even been able to sell to the high buyer that wants 22 max coins
Activity: 126
Thanks ! Smiley

no problem, dont sell for low prices!
 Angry GRR!
Don't worry Smiley But it seems to be a little buggy, right ?

the exchanges should sort something out or everyone selling low should have there arse's kicked

nope, again personal thoughts, and boredom
Currently I favor BTC-E but Bitstamp and and Mt. Gox seem to have a good volume of trade as well.

yeah mtgox is the best right now. you won't get your money back, but the volume is amazing.

lol, I had heard Mt. Gox was having huge issues with USD exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
new pool working: maxcoinpool.com (works for me, latest cudaminer version)
MaxCoin ‏@maxcoinproject 
Having trouble with pools? http://maxcoinpool.com  is now online!

LOL, for once a getting started page that say absolutely nothing about CGminer!! The small victories!
Activity: 98
So do I have to input my max-coin receive address anywhere in the .bat file or just the same user/pass from the maxcoin.conf? My wallet is currently showing 0 hash p/s is this because I'm not using the built in cpu miner or have I messed up my settings?
Also thanks to op for updating the cudaminer client for this new coin.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
Currently I favor BTC-E but Bitstamp and and Mt. Gox seem to have a good volume of trade as well.

yeah mtgox is the best right now. you won't get your money back, but the volume is amazing.

well explained. but the price is still tied to what we as the sellers, sell them for. supply and demand, cut the supply down to high prices, does everyone stop buying them?
no, people buy them for a higher price expecting them to go up even more

You think the money supply is forever? Where does it come from ? You think who could pay you 500$ to 1000$ daily just mining with a few GPU cards ? I don't think it will last. So enjoy it while you still making profit. I have experienced the same with many altcoins.

Your brief explanation of your process for this is one of the reasons i jumped on MAX coin. I never expected it to go so well though. I doubt it will again but I will definitely keep my eye open for new currencies and jump at them if things look reasonable. That initial hype on any currency can definitely net well if you play the cards right Cheesy
Activity: 84
Is there any way to use this with ypool!?
Jump to: