Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 945. (Read 3426921 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Yeh. I had a download off their website for the wallet but it was empty.

Is there some sort of scrypt-jane: for maxcoin?
Want to get my mining config ready
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Sounds like a fun launch. I will be sure to set up the wallet now.

What configs should we use for cudaminer for this?

nope, wallet launches tomorrow 19:30 GMT. Only the miner code is available (big mistake on their side IMHO),.

Sounds like a fun launch. I will be sure to set up the wallet now.

What configs should we use for cudaminer for this?
Seems everyone is looking forward to maxcoin. How come?

the coin's announcement brought down bitcointalk.org. cudaminer might be the only viable GPU miner - who knows.

Christian
Btw,

I think there's a bug with multi-thread with > 8 GPUs.

Even if you try to use -d9 now, it gives an error that cuda devices don't exist.. but worked fine with earlier submit.  (haven't isolated the regression CL yet though).

yes, my arrays are all size 8.  If you have more than 8 CUDA devices in one machine, this is outrageous Wink

Christian
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Wow, Christian is busy tonight. Fast max update. Looking forward to testing this.
Seems everyone is looking forward to maxcoin. How come?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Activity: 154
Btw,

I think there's a bug with multi-thread with > 8 GPUs.

Even if you try to use -d9 now, it gives an error that cuda devices don't exist.. but worked fine with earlier submit.  (haven't isolated the regression CL yet though).
Activity: 170
Sweet, looking forward to this new development Cheesy  Might be a fun programming challenge with not being able to test it.
Activity: 154
I have access to maxcoin cpuminer code. Excellent. Launch was delayed 24 hours. excellent.

it's linked here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/maxcoin-cpu-cloud-mining-guide-max-vps-has-been-launched62730-gmt-450539

Great!  Well minerd going to be deprecated in a hurry at this rate..
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I have access to maxcoin cpuminer code. Excellent. Launch was delayed 24 hours. excellent.

it's linked here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/maxcoin-cpu-cloud-mining-guide-max-vps-has-been-launched62730-gmt-450539

Great. I was going to post this: http://pastebin.com/GD09hEcD but I don't know if it is to any help.

cudaminer is really awesome  Smiley , all other miners just doesn't do it with nvidia.
I want to tryyyy , hehehe. We will be waiting for your next superb work Smiley Smiley Smiley

NOTE: the specific Keccak implementation differs a great deal from eCoin... Those trying the eCoin GPUminers will be in for a surprise...

Activity: 676
Merit: 500
I want to tryyyy , hehehe. We will be waiting for your next superb work Smiley Smiley Smiley

Activity: 37
Could someone with a 780ti chime in with their settings for vert? I've tried everything I've found in this thread so far, and I've only been able to get 175KH/s max out of my 780ti. My config is:
--algo=scrypt:2048 -L 1 -d 0 -H 2 -l t15x16 -i 0

I'd like to hear from 780ti users on vert as well.

I'm using --algo=scrypt:2048 -L 2 -d 0 -H 2 -l T15x24 -i 0
and it's giving me about 280kh/s nowhere close to the 330 regular 780s seem to get. Using the lower case t kernel seems to get less than 200 no matter what I try...
So I ported the nv_kernel.cu (K kernel) over to Fermi (replacing Kepler specific warp shuffle instructions with equivalent shared memory operations), in hope that this might run faster than the current Fermi kernel. But... nope. Losing 5-15% speed, depending on whether it's compiled for compute 1.0 or compute 2.0.  So that code is ready for the dumpster.

Christian
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
how are you finding things christian? and you bathrobe?
switched over to something else or are you riding out the microcoin silence?

Well, I'm still doing solo MRC with just one card just for fun at this point (in a couple of weeks I might be able to withdraw some forex money and build my first mining rig) and keeping an eye out for other coins, mainly because I'm not so sure about MRC anymore and YAC is completely dead to me as I can't solomine it. Today I hit my record in MRC (which put me over 2 mil):

One coin I'd like to see back on exchanges is ZCC. It went through a fork which might just killed it.

About CudaManager:
It sometimes seem to just straight out freeze my PC which I haven't seen in a long time before so I'm sticking with a million .bat files and CLI with some text modifications of my own.
Activity: 34
@cbuchner1:
May I make a developer suggestion?  Could you "branch" in Github, away from the master, the next time you want to experiment and upgrade code?  It was quite difficult to find stable scrypt versions during this last endeavor.

I think this is a good idea, but in the mean time, you can scroll through commit history looking for relevant comments or the date of that last known stable release, or click on "releases" on git hub, then click the hash stub of the appropriate release, copy the hash and just checkout that commit locally then checkout -b for your tinkering. Now that I look though, it seems there are no longer any releases or tags for anything prior to 2014-2-2 :/

I guess you probably already know all that. I had to checkout previous commits a few times in the last few weeks and didn't have too much trouble finding the appropriate versions, granted I probably pay too much attention to cbuchner's commits (I read the commit log more often than I do this thread)
Activity: 63
Use cudamanager for fail-overs, its great.
Jump to: