Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 993. (Read 3426921 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
so, anyone had a chance to try out that new code posted by nvidia?
Meh I'll compile and try some Litecoin on my GTX780...
Activity: 196
so, anyone had a chance to try out that new code posted by nvidia?
Activity: 132
Yep cracked it, DLL version crossovers..cleared them out and redownloaded the correct x86 2012 package then pulled that from the system 32 directory.

Thanks guys.

Now to find out how it performs on the following cards :-)

GTX 670
GTX 460
Quadro 4000
Quadro K4000
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
Yep tried chkdsk and reinstalling the C++ redistributables, And I'm using the DLL's from my working scrypt version of cudaminer.

I might try it on one of my other nvidia machines.

Wrong dll's in the executables folder. Most likely libcurl architecture or version is wrong.

run chkdsk /f /r

then repair the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
I would say, skip chkdsk and install the C++ 2012 redistributable packages from Microsoft. Install both and even reboot, just to be sure.
Le sigh, if you compile a release version you don't need the C++ 2012 redistributable packages from Microsoft, just the dll files already available in 12-18-13
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

run chkdsk /f /r

I would say, skip chkdsk and install the C++ 2012 redistributable packages from Microsoft. Install both and even reboot, just to be sure.

the error he got indicates a "bad image" (meant is an application or DLL binary image), which hints at disk corruption or a binary DLL that doesn't match his target hardware (maybe some 32 vs 64 bit confusion).
Activity: 106
Merit: 10

run chkdsk /f /r

A short overview of what kernels to use in the current github code. It gets kind of confusing now.

Code:
Fermi scrypt: F Kernel
Fermi scrypt-jane: X Kernel

Kepler compute 3.0 scrypt: Y Kernel              <--- better than 2013-12-18 release IMHO
Kepler compute 3.0 scrypt-jane: K Kernel

Kepler Compute 3.5 scrypt: Z Kernel             <--- most likely better than 2013-12-18 release
Kepler Compute 3.5 scrypt-jane: T Kernel

NOTE: for best speed on Linux with Fermi you want to comment out the two rule lines for fermi_kernel.cu (possibly also for test_kernel.cu) in Makefile.am such that the default rule for compute_10 takes over. Then run autogen.sh and configure again. It seems bizarre, but compiling the code for sm_20 (the actual target hardware) only makes it slower. This puzzling effect was NOT observed on Windows. Comment it out like this:

Code:
#fermi_kernel.o: fermi_kernel.cu
#        $(NVCC) @CFLAGS@ -Xptxas "-abi=no -v" -arch=sm_20 --maxrregcount=63 $(JANSSON_INCLUDES) -o $@ -c $<

#test_kernel.o: test_kernel.cu
#        $(NVCC) @CFLAGS@ -Xptxas "-abi=no -v" -arch=sm_20 --maxrregcount=63 $(JANSSON_INCLUDES) -o $@ -c $<

Christian

Yep tried chkdsk and reinstalling the C++ redistributables, And I'm using the DLL's from my working scrypt version of cudaminer.

I might try it on one of my other nvidia machines.
Is there a compiled scrypt-jane version for Windows yet or do I need to work out how to compile code?
Check a page back, build 111 compiled by me.

Thatnks patoberli I will take a look, If theres one thing I love about crypto its that its reinvigorated my urge to play with IT

Any clues on 0xc000007b errors with both versions once i've added in either msvcp100/110?

run chkdsk /f /r

Yeah no, you need to grab the .dll files included in the 12-18-13 release...
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Is there a compiled scrypt-jane version for Windows yet or do I need to work out how to compile code?

Thatnks patoberli I will take a look, If theres one thing I love about crypto its that its reinvigorated my urge to play with IT

Any clues on 0xc000007b errors with both versions once i've added in either msvcp100/110?

run chkdsk /f /r

ktf
Activity: 24
Merit: 0

You forgot an -L 2 there.

The -L is not yet rolled into the kernel launch configurations. This is intended, but not done yet.

Later on the launch config might look like this instead -K59x2/2. Then the only use for passing -L would be to tell autotune about the intended Lookup gap.

Gah, that was stupid Smiley Thank you, working fine now, no more annoying autotune.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
I just checked the Z config on the Vertcoin (script:2048) and it doesn't do well at all...
250khash against ~300khash (I think it is somewhat slower than the latest script code).

Lol, mine was also blocked. Maybe it's indeed because of that build, or maybe the admin changed something in his website code?!?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
30 minutes after launching the new commit 111, my yacoin account was auto-locked because of too many attempts of connection.

It seems weird. Someone else have this problem ?
With new v111 cudamine and the same setting i reached just the half
which could be the reason? Sorry, i'm a newbie Smiley

Don't do scrypt mining with the current code from github. You want to stick with the official 2013-12-18 release, unless you are really into adventure and experiments.

Jump to: