Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 152. (Read 696254 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
Please add the logfile for the GPU.
How are your hardware setup?

//Aboy68

This is really weird. I left the system running while awaiting a response, and a few minutes ago it magically boosted up to 90k PPD (on the same job) and went from 0.00% to almost 3% instantly. Since then, it's been increasing at a decent rate...
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
consider forking to make the curecoin unit more financially viable
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Okay, so now that I'm able to fold away at this, I've run into an issue. My 7950 is barely doing any work. I followed the guide on the pool (with regards to how to set everything up). I then searched for people with similar problems and reinstalled the client, drivers, etc., deleted the data folder, and everything else. None of this appears to be helping. I ran the client for 45m earlier and got 0.00% on the GPU.

I'm not sure what to do from here...

Please add the logfile for the GPU.
How are your hardware setup?

//Aboy68
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
legendary
Okay, so now that I'm able to fold away at this, I've run into an issue. My 7950 is barely doing any work. I followed the guide on the pool (with regards to how to set everything up). I then searched for people with similar problems and reinstalled the client, drivers, etc., deleted the data folder, and everything else. None of this appears to be helping. I ran the client for 45m earlier and got 0.00% on the GPU.

I'm not sure what to do from here...

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Price is dying  Cry
Devs, do you have any plans for promotion?

Yup, we're looking into facebook advertising and sending out a press release or two in the next week.

Great - looking forward to this. Hope the price will go up soon, gonna buy some once coinbase clears by bitcoins because of how cheap it is.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Price is dying  Cry

Yup, we're looking into facebook advertising and sending out a press release or two in the next week.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Activity: 140
Price is dying  Cry

New coin the price will be very volatile for a while, while the market finds its place. The devs have already done a great job of getting the coin out there, to promote it more people need to spread the word be it on other forums or through troll boxes or IRCs. Spread the word and help get more interested in folding for coins.
Activity: 378
Merit: 265
Price is dying  Cry
Activity: 182
>6TH and growing - jump in

MineP.it CureCoin Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers start mining!

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://cur.minep.it:3373 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • 0.75% fees across the board
  • Rock solid security and stability
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Live coin prices (where available)
  • Auto payouts every minute (manual payouts too)
  • 24/7 on-site chatbox
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Join us now!

Activity: 882
Subscribe http://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin !  We need 200 subscribers to be listed in the sidebar of r/cryptocurrency which will help bring new folders and investors.
legendary

http://omargpools.ca/cure
Come join us!

• Hosted in Canada
  • Dedicated Server Located On Site
  • Proportional Payout System
  • 1% Fee
  • Transaction Fees Paid to Miners
  • Single Registration for ALL Pools
  • Donations are greatly appreciated as always

I was looking at your Twitter feed and was a little confused. It says the HIRO payout was 250% greater than if mining it directly. Does that mean your pool is a multipool (that converts to the coin you're "mining" for)?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

http://omargpools.ca/cure
Come join us!

• Hosted in Canada
  • Dedicated Server Located On Site
  • Proportional Payout System
  • 1% Fee
  • Transaction Fees Paid to Miners
  • Single Registration for ALL Pools
  • Donations are greatly appreciated as always
Activity: 96
If you got a work run in to a stall, a 99.99% progress, then the work are out of sync with your worker.
You need to do:
  1: pause the worker
  2: Start the worker
Now you have resynced/restarted the work!

HOW do you know that?Huh
First there are really small signs of that.
1: You get restart text in the log, not much to get excited about. Patients dear Whats-son.....
2: You can recognize that the PPD are ricing up. point by point.
3: When the work have achieved another % you get that in the log, still you have the 99.99% in the interface.
4: After another long wait you get the updated interface information with the right % value.
   From knowledge base: PPD is calculated as the median of the last 3 frames.
Now you have waited about 15 to ... minutes...depending on your workers speed to finnish 2-4% of work.

There are another way to, that the code are stuck in the GPU, then you don't get explained result,  then the only thing is to restart the computer and do the thing again.

Yes, you do not need to delete your work and loose point, you only need to re-sync your GPU/CPU with the work done and continue finding a cure!!!! Smiley.

Some say that this happends because you have an unstable GPU, try to slow it down a bit and try again.... or change the motherboard PCIe interface to Version 2, you do it in the motherboard BIOS. That slows down the clock edges and makes the computer more stable than Ver 3.

Smiley Happy folding!! Smiley
You never know, you might depend on that simulation result any day!

// Aboy68

Links: http://curecoin.net/index.php/knowledge-base/12-knowledge-base/folding-for-curecoin/32-can-i-calculate-or-verify-my-points-per-day
legendary
biggest issue and working against a high price is that up to 10000 CURE have to be bought each day
and that wont change the next 4 years

instead of halve rewards all 4 years u could reduce them 25% each year

this still will be a hard first year

but better a hard year than hard 4 years

we did a similar change with diamond which had original a 8 years coin rollout plan with 1500 dmd each day

we changed it and rediced main coin rollout phase down to around 1 1/2 years and replace a lot of POW as major coin rollout mechanism with POS

for CURE u shouldnt reduce the folding component but u should rethink the sha256 mining part
and reduce the reward for that a bit and increase pos instead

u dont need big sha256 hashrate to secure network if u have a hybrid POW/POS coin concept

PPC's method or Yacoin's is the best, as stormia mentioned, full pos or less incentives for PoW mining don't work so well because you depend on every coin holder keeping their wallets open for minting, which never happens massively. Won't happen for now, since the 30 day wait period isn't done.

I'd also like to add in that the number of coins being created each day is not nearly as relevant as giving a reason for people to purchase the coins. If the coin was pushing for wide adoption and had money-generating businesses backing it, you could pull in millions a day. Waiting and hoping that investors will pop out of nowhere for a coin that has no true value is ludicrous.
Activity: 112
For some reason today,after uploading the last 2 WUs the F@H client started to act strange so I re-booted a couple times and I now have 4 extra WUs waiting in the queue,never had that before,only the 2 I was working on?

My client has been having problems uploading completed WUs for the past two nights that I've noticed.  Sits with the GPU idling 99% complete , ETA 4 seconds for hours.   It's seriously affecting my pay.  Rebooting does not seem to help.  Is it possible this is a network attack by some greedy, freeloading fawk?

Your problem is overclocked cards,set them back to default speed and retart the client and they will resync with the Stanford server.Then you can start to increase the overclocking slowly until the problem comes back. I find overclocking memory to be useless,myF2H uses very little GPU mem.

My problem is haveing 4 WUs wait in Queue to be folded with only 2 cards.

Just been using factory "OC" button.  Learned early on that I couldn't run my usual OCs.  Client is on another GPU project now and once again seems to be syncing fine.   I'd rather run things cooler and us less power anyway, so I've dialed back the clock speeds and will keep an eye on it
Activity: 812
biggest issue and working against a high price is that up to 10000 CURE have to be bought each day

we did a similar change with diamond which had original a 8 years coin rollout plan with 1500 dmd each day

we changed it and rediced main coin rollout phase down to around 1 1/2 years and replace a lot of POW as major coin rollout mechanism with POS

for CURE u shouldnt reduce the folding component but u should rethink the sha256 mining part

u dont need big sha256 hashrate to secure network if u have a hybrid POW/POS coin concept

PPC's method or Yacoin's is the best, as stormia mentioned, full pos or less incentives for PoW mining don't work so well because you depend on every coin holder keeping their wallets open for minting, which never happens massively. Won't happen for now, since the 30 day wait period isn't done.
Activity: 868

PoW network hashrate needs to be kept high enough to prevent a 51% attack against the PoW system, or else you might have a similar problem as occurred with Mintcoin when the BC devs decided to attack it. PoW/PoS hybrids with low PoW reward and therefore low PoW hashrate are not safe.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=551861.20
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

Jump to: