Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 189. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
gotcha, has anyone here tried folding with a 750 ti?  I get about 16919 ppd with my 750 ti on 0x15.

if anyone has had any luck getting 0x17 with a 750 ti I would appreciate any insight, thanks again guys

My understanding is that the current 0x17 core does not like the Maxwell chip in the 750ti. The folding@home team is working on a solution, and there's a beta 0x17 core you can try. I am firing up a pair of 750ti's I just acquired tonight, so I'll be doing my own tests with them. if I find out anything useful I'll post it here. In the meantime, search the folding@home forum for '750ti' to see the current discussions regarding it and what progress has been made. getting ready to do that myself, it's been a few days since I checked back there.

Nice info. Thanks.
Could someone provide an estimate of given PPD and CURE earning daily at current difficulty? I try to find some stats but nothing's available. I got around 90k PPD with my 680 GTX. Thanks in advance.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
This coin looks like there were a lot of job put into it. For sure it is good sign.

Seting up everything right now Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I have a question about the points, because I don't understand why my earned points are so low compared to my estimated PPD.

I've folded with my 280x for about 4 days with ~110k estimated PPD each day.

When I open the Advanced Control it shows on average for 1 WU/Project
Base Credit: ~15000
Estimated Credit: ~50000
Estimated PPD: ~110000
So how many points should I earn after I finished the project?

When I open the Web Control it shows that I've earned 99k points and I've folded 7 WUs so far.

I need between 10-12 hours for 1 WU.

How many coins do I earn after finishing the WU?
If I earned the estimated Credit, I would earn about ~110k PPD (similar to the estimated PPD)
But it looks like that I only get the Base Credit for each WU/Project (7 WUs*15000=105k, similar to my earned 99k points)

Is something wrong with my settings because I only earn the Base Credit or is the estimated PPD wrong calculated (because with only the base credit my estimated PPD should be ~35k instead of ~110k)?

Thanks in advance for clarification and help.

Some of those WUs were probably ones that were dumped for fresh ones without being completed. This happens with people getting their rig folding for the first time with the starting and stopping and rebooting and what not. Also CPU WUs are worth much less.
You should earn the estimated credit for each WU, so 50k each. You are doing 2 per day so 100k per day. Every week or whatever you will squeeze in 3 in one day giving you 150k that day, which gives you your average of 110k.

No I didn't stop folding since I started it on sunday afternoon. I'm folding only with GPU.
I don't know why I only receive the Basis Credit. I've just got another WU confirmed on the Web Control and it gave me also only 13k points. Huh
Now I have 8 WUs confirmed and it should actually reward me with ~400k points, but I've earned only 112k points... Sad
Activity: 45
gotcha, has anyone here tried folding with a 750 ti?  I get about 16919 ppd with my 750 ti on 0x15.

if anyone has had any luck getting 0x17 with a 750 ti I would appreciate any insight, thanks again guys

My understanding is that the current 0x17 core does not like the Maxwell chip in the 750ti. The folding@home team is working on a solution, and there's a beta 0x17 core you can try. I am firing up a pair of 750ti's I just acquired tonight, so I'll be doing my own tests with them. if I find out anything useful I'll post it here. In the meantime, search the folding@home forum for '750ti' to see the current discussions regarding it and what progress has been made. getting ready to do that myself, it's been a few days since I checked back there.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 856
Ok so, could you give me the link to this dev message please?

Hi, i did some research myself, as I haven't got any message either. They mentioned it here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6641209

Though, I don't know yet how the proceedings are with the early investors, maybe some information could be added to the first page? (I don't mind to wait until the coins are fully paid, but it would be nice to know whats going on and to have some coins to play with as I'm not mining).
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
I made the changes to my shortcut to add in the advanced mode flag but my client still is running as 0x15, what can I do to access 0x17?

Thanks guys!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6721533

gotcha, has anyone here tried folding with a 750 ti?  I get about 16919 ppd with my 750 ti on 0x15.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I made the changes to my shortcut to add in the advanced mode flag but my client still is running as 0x15, what can I do to access 0x17?

Thanks guys!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6721533
Activity: 86

Thanks guys!
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Hello,
I am early investor/donator and would like to get the promised coins. Anyone got them so far?

Dev were talking about a delay for investor to get their coin...

560k coins that would be dumped would kill the project...

Ok so, could you give me the link to this dev message please?
Activity: 112
Hello,
I am early investor/donator and would like to get the promised coins. Anyone got them so far?

Is 560k the whole premine or just the IPO?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Hello,

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Hello,
Also @ phill, since uve completed under 10 wu's
Read up some on folding points.. https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=13160
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
I have a question about the points, because I don't understand why my earned points are so low compared to my estimated PPD.

I've folded with my 280x for about 4 days with ~110k estimated PPD each day.

When I open the Advanced Control it shows on average for 1 WU/Project
Base Credit: ~15000
Estimated Credit: ~50000
Estimated PPD: ~110000
So how many points should I earn after I finished the project?

When I open the Web Control it shows that I've earned 99k points and I've folded 7 WUs so far.

I need between 10-12 hours for 1 WU.

How many coins do I earn after finishing the WU?
If I earned the estimated Credit, I would earn about ~110k PPD (similar to the estimated PPD)
But it looks like that I only get the Base Credit for each WU/Project (7 WUs*15000=105k, similar to my earned 99k points)

Is something wrong with my settings because I only earn the Base Credit or is the estimated PPD wrong calculated (because with only the base credit my estimated PPD should be ~35k instead of ~110k)?

Thanks in advance for clarification and help.

Some of those WUs were probably ones that were dumped for fresh ones without being completed. This happens with people getting their rig folding for the first time with the starting and stopping and rebooting and what not. Also CPU WUs are worth much less.
You should earn the estimated credit for each WU, so 50k each. You are doing 2 per day so 100k per day. Every week or whatever you will squeeze in 3 in one day giving you 150k that day, which gives you your average of 110k.

EDIT: What do you have for hardware? Not sure what you consider pretty powerful but a system with a single 7870/7950/270/280 should get 100k PPD. You should be able to get a lot more than that if you have something like crossfire 290Xs or whatever.

Are you sure about those numbers?
I get 150000 with 2x r9 270(each do ~60k) + gtx770(~30k).
cpu=2500k, 13.12 amd drivers, 335.23 nVidia drivers.

Am i missing something? What can be done to boost performance beside overclocking?
If that cpu is folding on same machines as the gpus. Start by taking a look at your cpu load. If it is in the 90-100% range. Then definately pause cpu folding. Folding is not like mining. It requires more resources and heavier strain on cpu.  I don't own a 270 but im guessing it should do about the same as a 7950, which could do 75-90k depending on drivers and the cpu feeding it.
CPU is paused. Usage is ~50-70% on all 4 cores. Is there any performance comparison chart for different gpus? the gtx770 ppd also seem really low. Can Folding power(Light, Medium, Full) be set differently for cpu and gpus?

Edit: Has anyone tried new 14.4 amd drivers? Is there really performance boost?  ... https://folding.stanford.edu/home/new-amd-gpu-driver-improves-performance/

I am getting over 90k ppd on a single r9 270. Mind you it is overclocked and yes I am using 14.4 and they do provide a significant boost. If I had a better CPU and was using more cores to fold I could get another 10k fairly easily. So, yeah, a single system with a single 270 could theoretically get you 100k PPD. Most systems will be lower though, and those with 280s will be higher. That why I went with "7870/7950/270/280" because 100k falls somewhere in between a 7870 and a 7950.
Activity: 98
Nvidia uses a LOT more CPU than AMD if you're in advanced mode (FaHcore 0x17).  Needs at least a core per GPU.

My two 780ti's in this (gaming) rig are using 33% CPU each, on an i7 3770k @4.8ghz  (that is not folding, paused), Win8.1 and the latest Nvidia WHQL drivers.

On the plus side, I'm getting a steady 225k+ PPD out of each of the cards, so that's something, and supposedly far faster than 0x15 (default) mode that uses less CPU.

On a rig with 4x 290's and an i5 2400 at stock clocks, Win8.1x64 and 13.12 drivers, also in Advanced mode, total CPU usage is only 34% once work is started (peaks at 65% or so at startup), but only seeing about 120k-150k PPD out of each card (it fluctuates a lot)
CPU is paused. Usage is ~50-70% on all 4 cores. Is there any performance comparison chart for different gpus? the gtx770 ppd also seem really low. Can Folding power(Light, Medium, Full) be set differently for cpu and gpus?
Keep an eye on your gpu load before and afer pausing the cpu. If the gpu load goes up you might have determined the problem. Also if your actual ppd would go the client still takes some time to sync up with this...  As for mediumfull for slots differntly, I dont think so. But going to -> configure -> slots.. u can edit usage of slots.
Cpu is by default on -1 // aka let program decide , so you could alter this to number of cores you have free.
As for thee performance chart.. curecoin.us is working on it.. (needs your help =)) http://www.curecoin.us/index.php?topic=3486.0
Activity: 101

EDIT: What do you have for hardware? Not sure what you consider pretty powerful but a system with a single 7870/7950/270/280 should get 100k PPD. You should be able to get a lot more than that if you have something like crossfire 290Xs or whatever.

Am i missing something? What can be done to boost performance beside overclocking?
If that cpu is folding on same machines as the gpus. Start by taking a look at your cpu load. If it is in the 90-100% range. Then definately pause cpu folding. Folding is not like mining. It requires more resources and heavier strain on cpu.  I don't own a 270 but im guessing it should do about the same as a 7950, which could do 75-90k depending on drivers and the cpu feeding it.

Edit: Has anyone tried new 14.4 amd drivers? Is there really performance boost?  ... https://folding.stanford.edu/home/new-amd-gpu-driver-improves-performance/
I have 5 R9 290s and have been getting between 600 and 705K over the last few days  on the FAHControl. This is averaging me out at around 36 coins/day so far.

I have them overclocked to 1050 ... has anybody overclocked then higher?

I'm hoping it settles down and this rises a bit to more coins per day, but based on current exchange rates it's still more profitable than Scrypt based coins as long as there is enough liquidity

Anyway, so far so good
someone 1-2 pages back had it on 1080 but it was causing instability and resulting in wu's not getting completed and getting stuck at 99% . So thread carefully when oc-ing....Read back 2-3 pages to find the posts

If that cpu is folding on same machines as the gpus. Start by taking a look at your cpu load. If it is in the 90-100% range. Then definately pause cpu folding. Folding is not like mining. It requires more resources and heavier strain on cpu.  I don't own a 270 but im guessing it should do about the same as a 7950, which could do 75-90k depending on drivers and the cpu feeding it.
Activity: 42
Anybody knows if it's possible to safely rent rigs for folding from other people like you rent scrypt/x11 machines? Since it seems like you need to give passkeys etc to be able to connect to your account.

What are you afraid of? Somebody force folding your account so you get some extra ppd?
Jump to: