Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 87. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 539
Merit: 500
Didn't receive a payout for folding today was there some issue with payouts?

There was. PS3EdOlkkola got 2,167,792,538 points. The max value of an Integer in Java is 2,147,483,647 points, and the software we were using for calculating change in user balance was parsing Integers, unfortunately. The code has been updated to use Longs (9,223,372,036,854,775,807 max value) and the stats server is working again. We'll probably back-calculate the missed payout manually.

My last payout was a week, same problem relating to PS3Ed ?

H.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

There was. PS3EdOlkkola got 2,167,792,538 points. The max value of an Integer in Java is 2,147,483,647 points, and the software we were using for calculating change in user balance was parsing Integers, unfortunately. The code has been updated to use Longs (9,223,372,036,854,775,807 max value) and the stats server is working again. We'll probably back-calculate the missed payout manually.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
legendary

Plans are to have four types of nodes:

Dedicated nodes are best for machines that have lots of bandwidth, strong, reliable connections, and forwarded ports/dedicated IP. They allow up to 150 connections, and focus on sending large chunks of the blockchain to synchronizing peers, in addition to forwarding real-time traffic through the network. Dedicated nodes store the entire blockchain, and may help with TCP punchthroughs.

Full nodes are best for machines with moderate bandwidth and forwarded ports/dedicated IP. They allow up to 50 connections, and focus on forwarding real-time traffic through the network. Full nodes store the entire blockchain. In some instances, they may help with TCP punchthroughs.

Light nodes are best for machines that will not be online 24/7 and do not have forwarded ports/dedicated IP. They allow up to 8 connections, and forward real-time traffic through the network. They store only the last 14,400 network blocks in order to verify PoS blocks.

Whisper nodes are best for mobile devices with inconsistent network connections and very limited storage. They allow up to 8 connections, forward real-time traffic through the network, and refuse to answer calls for block queries. they store only the last 2400 network blocks, to provide transaction history on any address for approximately 5 days under normal network conditions.

By default, clients will likely run in full-node mode. Dedicated nodes add additional integrity to the structure of the Curecoin network, and are great for more powerful machines with the potential to mine blocks, as they will have quicker access to network transactions and will be able to include more transactions in their blocks, speeding up the network while earning larger transaction fees from the larger transaction tables in the blocks they produce.

The mobile app will be in whisper mode by default, with support for RPC-only mode, paired with a light, full, or dedicated node for network state info.
legendary
Alright, 2.0.0a1 public testing time!

Compiled JAR files:
http://1.curecoinmirror.com/2.0.0a1/2.0.0a1.zip

Source code:
Curecoin Daemon: https://github.com/Vorksholk/Curecoin
Curecoin RPC Client: https://github.com/Vorksholk/CurecoinClient
Curecoin Testnet Miner: https://github.com/Vorksholk/CurecoinTestnetMiner

Quickstart Instructions:
Launch 2.0.0a1Daemon first (Windows, double-click, any other OS enter "java -jar 2.0.0a1Daemon.jar" in the terminal, make sure you are in the directory where 2.0.0a1Daemon.jar is)

Launch 2.0.0a1Client second (Windows, double-click, any other OS enter "java -jar 2.0.0a1Client.jar" in the terminal, make sure you are in the directory where 2.0.0a1Client.jar is)

Launch 2.0.0a1Miner third (Windows, double-click, any other OS enter "java -jar 2.0.0a1Miner.jar" in the terminal, make sure you are in the directory where 2.0.0a1Miner.jar is)

The miner does pointless hash work, it's simply to simulate doing computational work, and receiving a certificate. Certificates for mining are signed by a certificate authority server run by us, with an IP hard-coded into the miner code. It can take a few minutes to mine a block. Difficulty is fixed at 150,000. Don't make any optimized miners unless you're really bored, as the miner has no purpose other than to trickle out certificates and keep the network running with blocks.

This is a TESNET release, so any Curecoins here are worthless. Each block mines 100 coins, which are atomic units (you can't send .1 of a coin). In the future, this will be the equivalent of 1 satoshi--so no need to divide them. The client comes hard-coded with one genesis block and one block after that, and then it's normally-mined blocks that the client has to catch-up with.

You can type "help" in the Curecoin client to see the (very-limited, at the moment) list of commands available.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
The new wallet's taskbar icon looks like a tiny, blurry, gold portrait of the StayPuft Marshmallow Man
legendary
Hey everyone! We got source code on a public github now! https://github.com/Vorksholk/Curecoin

Check it out! Read through the spaghetti code! Don't bother compiling anything unless you're really so-inclined, it's going to change before 2.0.0a1 public alpha, which will hopefully occur within the next 24 hours.

My apologies about the code running of the screen--I'm terrible when it comes to short lines of code/comments. Not in the mood now to go through and rework my code to appear pretty on Github, but that's an eventual job to undertake.

Still got some major bugs to crack, the network based on this code is very fragile. Josh broke it by sending some weird transactions. xD

If you just want to scroll mindlessly through the code: https://github.com/Vorksholk/Curecoin/commit/3fb9889e57acd7a709cb5659bd07a0e52851acb4
legendary
While this thread is being bumped, mind as well give a 2.0 update. Internal testing of 2.0.0a1 is going great--there's one remaining bug with transaction indexes I'm chasing. Block propagation/generation, the ledger system, etc. all seem to be working well. Goal is to get a cleaned-up copy of 2.0.0a1 in public testing sometime tomorrow, June 19th. 2.0.0a1 ended up being an internal test due to tons of small tweaks and "alright, delete xyz and try again... what block are you on? What hash? Alright, try to forge a block like this..." but 2.0.0a1 should be good for a public test.

A few things to note--there are some obvious limitations of 2.0.0a1. In its current state, there is no difficulty adjustment, and for testing purposes timestamp verification is OFF. While the network protocols allow for complex transactions with multiple outputs, RPC only has a simple send command--sending to one address at a time.

For testing purposes, each block is worth 100 atomic units. Obviously in the actual client, we will have a MUCH larger block reward (in atomic units), to support many decimals (probably 8 or so) of precision. These atomic units can be thought of as micro-Curecoin. The source code will be available as a zip file and on Github. To play with the downloadable JAR, you will need Java SE 7 or 8 installed, JRE is fine.

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on an issue I'm having:

I have 2 folding rigs setup as follows:

E3 1230v3 8gb win7x64 5x 280x all on pciex1 usb riser.
q6600 4gb win7x64 3x 280x one directly into 16x slot the other 2 running on pciex1 usb riser.

Currently I am wondering why I see such large difference in TPF for the same projects across the two rigs, for example 10467 on the E3 rig has a TPF of 5:56 compared too 10:47 on the q6600 rig. The PPD of the q6600 rig seems stupidly low considering both rigs have identical gpu. This is not the case with 9201 projects. The q6600 is running ~ 12% cpu load so that shouldn't be an issue?

The Q6600 is quite an old processor (8 years), so it may be choking PCI lanes or something. What's the GPU usage at on that box?

Gpu load is 93% on one card and 97% on the other two, I did re-install folding@home last night but can't be sure if that's resolved the issue because I have different projects now. Still the ppd is back up to where I would expect it for the 280x.

Thanks to cygnusxi and Vorksholk for the help Smiley
legendary

q6600 4gb win7x64 3x 280x one directly into 16x slot the other 2 running on pciex1 usb riser.

Currently I am wondering why I see such large difference in TPF for the same projects across the two rigs, for example 10467 on the E3 rig has a TPF of 5:56 compared too 10:47 on the q6600 rig. The PPD of the q6600 rig seems stupidly low considering both rigs have identical gpu. This is not the case with 9201 projects. The q6600 is running ~ 12% cpu load so that shouldn't be an issue?

The Q6600 is quite an old processor (8 years), so it may be choking PCI lanes or something. What's the GPU usage at on that box?
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

-.... (Merkle Trees)

The Greek finance minister will not allow CC in Greece ... With that name of a tree  Grin

Sorry, couldn't resist ...

hehe but merkle trees are in all coins, including bitcoin ;-)

Didn't I say that same thing some time ago?
CureCoin Lead Dev
Hi guys i have some CURE that is over 30 days old but no POS do i need to upgrade my wallet
or something? thanks. Smiley

How long did you leave your wallet open for minting? Did you unlock the wallet?

Basic minting procedure . Go to debug window, type in "walletpassphrase (yourpassphrase) 999999 true" without quotes or () . This applies to only if you added a password to your wallet which you should.

It can take a long time to hit a stake block, its best to leave the wallet unlocked for minting only ( thats enabled by the true option) for at least 3 days at a time, or as often as possible. Staking coins also go by stake weight, which means you are more likely to collect stake the older your coins are and the more you have, both creating more weight. When you hit a block your stake weight will go back down, then rise again as coins get even older. 

Hopefully that helps.

Hi my wallet has been unlocked since i installed it the oldest CURE i have in my wallet has been since 5/19

The stake on CureCoin is set up to begin after 30 days of holding and max weight at 90 days , @ 1% gain. You will be eligible for minting stake on 6/19 if your oldest coins are from 5/19.
Activity: 566
Hi guys i have some CURE that is over 30 days old but no POS do i need to upgrade my wallet

Basic minting procedure . Go to debug window, type in "walletpassphrase (yourpassphrase) 999999 true" without quotes or () . This applies to only if you added a password to your wallet which you should.

It can take a long time to hit a stake block, its best to leave the wallet unlocked for minting only ( thats enabled by the true option) for at least 3 days at a time, or as often as possible. Staking coins also go by stake weight, which means you are more likely to collect stake the older your coins are and the more you have, both creating more weight. When you hit a block your stake weight will go back down, then rise again as coins get even older. 

Hopefully that helps.

Hi my wallet has been unlocked since i installed it the oldest CURE i have in my wallet has been since 5/19
CureCoin Lead Dev

possibilities:
different clock speeds on the cpus feeding the gpus? each gpu can only use one core , however the difference is pretty big in your report
more likely, mixing a direct gpu into 16x slot and using risers. Ive heard using a mix of direct and risers can affect folding performace
reinstall needed of client?

Your best bet would be to ask the guys nicely over at foldingforum.org about your setup if the above does not help
CureCoin Lead Dev
Here is a link to where the premine / dev funds have gone up to date. If you look at the dates you will notice that the team does not always collect every month and those months will roll over into the next payment. Also note I have spent a good deal of the funds that I have folded for to pay for block exporer costs, windows installer packages, etc, that are not noted here since I paid for them with my folding earnings. This is a quick import but should be very accurate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pPuN6Cz3rRCx7gPl9TUbtn9Px-kyuYICB1Z58swuPmw/edit?usp=sharing

Totals are at the bottom of the spreadsheet. This is all payments from dev and folder payments since the launch of the project.

More in the CureCoin news, a fresh windows qt will be out likely tomorrow, linux users can follow the how to on the github to easily compile a qt. The mac wallet that is out will still operate just the same, the bulk of the updates are mostly cosmetic. If anyone is interested in a new mac wallet let us know. You will probably be more interested in the multiplatform ready curecoin 2.0 alpha testing that should be ready tomorrow. We tested it tonight, the alpha of 2.0 is almost ready  Smiley

CureCoin Lead Dev

Hopefully that helps.
Activity: 566
legendary
That's good it will be fixed in 2.0. What is the current number of coins in circulation? Is the information currently available anywhere?
For some napkin math, we have 60673 blocks, each with a 13 CUR reward, so that's 788,749. Then we have had ~13 months of payouts, so that's 13*30*7488 = 2,920,320
That doesn't include PoS interest.

Thanks. So the market cap is closer to $75,000 than the $575,000 listed on coincap.io and coinmarketcap.com. That's a big difference, I wonder what the effect has been of giving the appearance that Curecoin is valued at 8 times what it really is... To some it probably gave the impression of greater credibility and larger investments, but I imagine a 75k market cap has more upside potential than 575k.

Certainly a double-edged sword, but on coinmarketcap the asterisk by the available supply denotes the large premine, so investors will know to look more into the coin composition before investing. Certainly more upside potential in 75k though Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: