Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [DAG + Smart Contracts] Constellation Labs - page 4. (Read 4675 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Why was it important for you guys to build in JVM?  What are the benefits and limitations of going that route?

How is Proof of Meme a better approach to consensus than other models out there and how did you come up with the name?
Activity: 184
so if there are no transaction fees, how will you make money?

The value of the infrastructure is based on the awesome companies integrated with/built on top of Constellation. We have various partnerships in the works to hopefully have a few up and running projects powered by $DAG by MainNet launch.
so if there are no transaction fees, how will you make money?
I saw in a recent presentation that you are formally verifying your framework using category theory.  Can you explain what catagory theory is and how you are using it for those who haven’t come across it?

Category theory is a reformulation of the foundations of mathematics that has taken stride since the mid 20th century due to its uncanny ability to describe ‘unfamiliar’ mechanics of quantum mechanics and most recently it’s role in the formulation of functional programming. The tl;dr on ct is that it’s a way of defining processes as different parameterizations of underlying mechanics. Category theory allowed us to define our recursive blockchain (hylochain), which allows us to dynamically partition the network with only local update rules; orchestrating metastability while only operating on local data. In terms of formal verification,  curry-howard correspondence allows us to attribute the mathematical properties of theoretical abstract data types to actual in memory objects using an ordinary type system. Proof of MEME defines liveness in terms of the steady states of a differential equation, and by defining our data types in terms of monadic operations, we can ensure that our code emulated our analytic models.
So does a hylochain help connect different blockchains?

In a way, yes as most protocols can be implemented in terms of the hylomorphic recursion scheme. The main purpose of hylochain is to embed blocks within blocks (think tiers) in such a way that we can traverse and combine the resulting graph of nested blocks using simple map reduce operations

What is the main development challenge your team is currently tackling? Day to day what is your main focus?

There are a number of moving pieces.  You can read VP of products latest post on our community portal for a weekly breakdown...https://community.constellationlabs.io/t/eng-update-kryo-algebird-metrics-and-gossip/107

Check our blogs and social channels for weekly engineering update: https://constellationlabs.io/blog/
I saw in a recent presentation that you are formally verifying your framework using category theory.  Can you explain what catagory theory is and how you are using it for those who haven’t come across it?
So does a hylochain help connect different blockchains?
How will the chaining of smart contracts actually work?

What is the main development challenge your team is currently tackling? Day to day what is your main focus?
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Ethereum and Bitcoin do have a number of obsolete characteristics, and in order to speed up the processes in the system, a more modern operating system needed, which can be adapted to a large number of users. I hope that this project is capable t do it.
Activity: 2
I heard some news about a developer portal.  What sort of plans do you have for the platform?  When will there be developer documentation?
I read a part of the posts about the procedure of the KYC foк all participiants for obtaining airfields. Is this information true or not?

We strongly believe in KYC/AML so this is required for all airdrops and for all of our private contributors Smiley
What Daaps are you currently working on?

We have several applications being built in tandem with Constellation. Although we aren't ready to announce them yet, they are incredible companies that will truly leave an impact 🌎
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
I read a part of the posts about the procedure of the KYC foк all participiants for obtaining airfields. Is this information true or not?
Can you explain your consensus model Proof of Meme? Huh

Awesome question!! Proof-of-Meme is a distributed consensus method that incorporates a node’s historical participation into delegate selection. Definitively, a meme is a unit representing an imitable idea or behavior that can be spread (Dawkins, 1976). Thus in our case, it represents benevolent behavior across Constellation that is rewarded and should be imitated to improve a nodes overall reputation within the system. Proof of Meme is meritocracy compared to Proof of Stake which is a plutocracy. We hope that makes sense!
Any news on exchanges?  I hear you just completed your TGE?

Thanks for reaching out! Our tokens (DAG) have been minted and are undergoing distribution until June 14th. We will never discuss exchanges publicly and any news will be announced via our social media channels Smiley

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Conste11ation
Activity: 2
Any news on exchanges?  I hear you just completed your TGE?
 Can you explain your consensus model Proof of Meme? Huh
Pages:
Jump to: