Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] DAO PlayMarket 2.0 - App Store based on the blockchain and smart contracts - page 8. (Read 53606 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Become Part of the Mining Family
Great news! I am for free competition and new alternatives to old dinosaurs.

This is why I am fan of PlayMarket. I dont believe that smaller projects can not have succes because of big players. All you need is incentive
Activity: 154
I've never heard about officially supported side loading on iOS. Isn't that way too dangerous for those Apple control freaks?

I suspect because it is not supported, Apple as always be very protective on these matters

I think they dont have chances for IOS apps. They can create only marketplace for android apps.

omg apple was cheaper and better back in the days now its just curcumstanced and expensive
facepalm - but crypto will rush and then apple has to hop on too
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
You already have a partnership in place for when your platform will be out? Maybe crypto related apps like Gyzer, Eidoo, Soma, Jaxx, etc... ?
I think it's not worth for the teams to do the extra job and launch them on DAO. DAO will have a hard time at the beginning.

Adding crypto related apps seems a good start to me for PlayMarket. Don't worry for hard time at the beginning, they will be aggressive on marketing

They will need something that differentiates them from the PlayStore and sticks out. Crypto related apps could be an idea with a good potential to grow when the crypto scene becomes mainstream.
Maybe like make a partnership with some of smartphone companies/developers. So they will launch their smarphones with daoplaymarket app store in it.

Yes this is an excellent offer. And it is quite feasible, taking into account the collected funds. The initially installed store application in the smartphone is one of the best ways to advertise and promote.

Don't know if this is even possible because when you use Android you probably also have to pre install the android marketplace.
Activity: 490
You already have a partnership in place for when your platform will be out? Maybe crypto related apps like Gyzer, Eidoo, Soma, Jaxx, etc... ?
I think it's not worth for the teams to do the extra job and launch them on DAO. DAO will have a hard time at the beginning.

Adding crypto related apps seems a good start to me for PlayMarket. Don't worry for hard time at the beginning, they will be aggressive on marketing

They will need something that differentiates them from the PlayStore and sticks out. Crypto related apps could be an idea with a good potential to grow when the crypto scene becomes mainstream.
Maybe like make a partnership with some of smartphone companies/developers. So they will launch their smarphones with daoplaymarket app store in it.

That is going to be quite difficult to pull of, if they do it would be pretty much of a big deal
Yep, they need to working hard for it, its not an easy partnership
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

Yes this is an excellent offer. And it is quite feasible, taking into account the collected funds. The initially installed store application in the smartphone is one of the best ways to advertise and promote.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

That is going to be quite difficult to pull of, if they do it would be pretty much of a big deal
Activity: 490

Activity: 535
Merit: 250
Love me tender
Great news! I am for free competition and new alternatives to old dinosaurs.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
I've never heard about officially supported side loading on iOS. Isn't that way too dangerous for those Apple control freaks?

I suspect because it is not supported, Apple as always be very protective on these matters

I think they dont have chances for IOS apps. They can create only marketplace for android apps.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

Activity: 336
Merit: 112
I'm still thinking on how it will be possible to run the app on IOS.
Except for side loading I don't see a way.
Can the dev's comment on this please?

you'll probably be able to do it by jailbreaking your phone. that how everything else that isn't approved by apple works.

Yes and if you have a warranty case your warranty isn't working anylonger. Also you go on risk to break your phone by jailbreaking Wink
I still don't think there will be a big userbase for Apple especially not big enough to get developers working on apps for this. But maybe for Android there is one.

Well you no longer need to jailbreak. There's an official way to side load apps on IOS now.
But as stated before, only techies will do that .. I don't see regular users doing those technical things..

Even if this is true installing applications on Android devices will be always easier

Yes, install stuff on Android is much more easier then on iPhone when it comes to not store related apps. For me, I would never install something not checked by the App store on my iPhone because you never know what you will get as an extra suprise. In worst case you can't even make use of your warranty as you not went through the official way.
Activity: 770
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

you'll probably be able to do it by jailbreaking your phone. that how everything else that isn't approved by apple works.

Yes and if you have a warranty case your warranty isn't working anylonger. Also you go on risk to break your phone by jailbreaking Wink
I still don't think there will be a big userbase for Apple especially not big enough to get developers working on apps for this. But maybe for Android there is one.

Well you no longer need to jailbreak. There's an official way to side load apps on IOS now.
But as stated before, only techies will do that .. I don't see regular users doing those technical things..

But you don't know, how long this sideloading way will work. It is not a stable solution for the most regular users.
Activity: 686
Merit: 101

Even if this is true installing applications on Android devices will be always easier

So it's a good thing that they focus on Android at first.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
Activity: 420

Undoubtedly, after a while loading applications will make it much easier for users, this is not a problem.
Activity: 280
Merit: 106

Activity: 420
Recent bitcoin drop isnt doing them any good. As far as i know they are getting a lot of funding with bitcoin and unfortunately they are loosing money in recent days. They should really think about when they will withdraw their found.

Maybe they are lucky and the price will go up again. No one can predict what will happen now as the fight is going on between BTC and BTH.

They should definitely get a good investment strategy in place for all the funds they collect. Maybe convert even some of it to FIAT could be a viable option. I don't think Bitcoin will drop very low but what if it does? They should diversify.

Converting a part of the raised amount to fiat after certain time periods might be a good idea, so that the project isn't completely dependent on the volatility of the market.

of course the will convert to fiat. not everyone likes to get paid in crypto.

I am not talking about the conversion to fiat on demand because of contractors. I am talking about the hedging against a price drop of cryptocurrencies and a threat to run out of funds which were once existent. I hope the team makes the right decisions as I want to see the platform become reality.
Converting piece of crypto money into FIAT may be good ideas, this will guarantee stability - because crypto market can not always be stable, news can strongly affect the situation, sometimes not for the better
People should be able to enter and withdraw Fiat so that the market of crypto-currency is a full-fledged.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

I think there are many users with Apple phones.
If the app is ready, it should not be so difficult to hire an programmer who will port the app to Apple.

If I'm not mistaken,the focus of Playmarket will be on Android apps only but perhaps any app could be possibly ported to IOS platform yet Apple has put some protection mechanism of not letting any app run in its hardware if it doesn't come the Apple App store. The only way it could run in think, is to jailbreak the apple hardware itself. This could hinder any plans to integrate IOS apps in the Playmerket.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
What do you guys think about the running a PlayMarket node? Is it worth the investment?
if you are talking about this project - then yes, I think it's worth it! DAO PlayMarket 2.0 It can be excellent alternative to the current PlayMarket

Do you know what it takes to run a node? I flipped thru the white paper and it looked pretty technical. Do you need to rent a server or something?
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
What do you guys think about the running a PlayMarket node? Is it worth the investment?
if you are talking about this project - then yes, I think it's worth it! DAO PlayMarket 2.0 It can be excellent alternative to the current PlayMarket
Pages:
Jump to: