Pages:
Author

Topic: |ANN| DAS - Decentralized and Secure. Private Send. Masternodes. - page 35. (Read 153952 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Hi Coind0g and welcome aboard.

I am happy to have someone who has the knowledge and willingness to make the DAS bigger.
I am too invested in masternodes... How can the community help your effort?

Thanks, glad to be here.

First and foremost, we need more devs. I can do a lot to assist with porting in patches and eventually developing new features, but all the more help, the better. I see a few other people trying to submit pull requests on github. I could try reaching out to them.

Once we establish which repository will be the new official DAS repository (my fork could easily serve as this), we may want to make a new ANN thread titled something like "|ANN| DAS Revival". This is similar from what I've seen happen with Crave. See links below for example:

(old, original Crave thread):
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-crave-1st-pos-masternodes-dark-assets-i2p-market-embrace-the-dark-997356

(new, revival Crave thread):
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crave-revival-1964765

If/when the movement to a new repository happens and a revival thread is created, we will need your support and anyone else who cares about DAS to promote the new forum revival thread and repository.

As part of the revival thread, we will probably want to establish a better looking website that we can update as a community. Github pages can host it for free. We should also establish some goals and eventually build some kind of road map for where we'd like to take DAS.

Hi Coind0g welcome aboard!
I can promote on youtube etc to get word out, so we are doing a fork of das cool stuff! :-)
let me know how I can help out in any other way, glad to see progress on this masternode coin :-)
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

I am happy to have someone who has the knowledge and willingness to make the DAS bigger.

Thanks, glad to be here.

First and foremost, we need more devs. I can do a lot to assist with porting in patches and eventually developing new features, but all the more help, the better. I see a few other people trying to submit pull requests on github. I could try reaching out to them.

Once we establish which repository will be the new official DAS repository (my fork could easily serve as this), we may want to make a new ANN thread titled something like "|ANN| DAS Revival". This is similar from what I've seen happen with Crave. See links below for example:

(old, original Crave thread):
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-crave-1st-pos-masternodes-dark-assets-i2p-market-embrace-the-dark-997356

(new, revival Crave thread):
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crave-revival-1964765

If/when the movement to a new repository happens and a revival thread is created, we will need your support and anyone else who cares about DAS to promote the new forum revival thread and repository.

As part of the revival thread, we will probably want to establish a better looking website that we can update as a community. Github pages can host it for free. We should also establish some goals and eventually build some kind of road map for where we'd like to take DAS.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
How could a new dev run DAS?

old dev not responding, trying to move forward.

I'm a developer and I have invested in several DAS masternodes. I am stepping up to help continue development because I think it would be a shame to see this coin go to waste.

Here is a PR (code submission) I just opened for some fixes to get DAS to compile with newer versions of OpenSSL:

https://github.com/Truckman83/DAS-source/pull/6

It is unlikely we will see this merged as it appears Truckman has gone AWOL.

If we need to, we can make my account the primary account and simply continue development on there.

I think my next step will be seeing how we can disable INSTANTSEND until DASH fixes the potential exploit with it. See this link for more information:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/temporary-disabling-of-instandsend-due-to-potential-quorum-exploit-method.16492/

Activity: 6

I'm a developer and I have invested in several DAS masternodes. I am stepping up to help continue development because I think it would be a shame to see this coin go to waste.

Here is a PR (code submission) I just opened for some fixes to get DAS to compile with newer versions of OpenSSL:

https://github.com/Truckman83/DAS-source/pull/6

It is unlikely we will see this merged as it appears Truckman has gone AWOL.

If we need to, we can make my account the primary account and simply continue development on there.

I think my next step will be seeing how we can disable INSTANTSEND until DASH fixes the potential exploit with it. See this link for more information:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/temporary-disabling-of-instandsend-due-to-potential-quorum-exploit-method.16492/

The status of the masternodes are gone missing all the time in the Windows wallet. This is a known issue, but as we don't have a developer, no way of fixing it.
Luckily it is only the status info from the Windows wallet, the actual status of the masternodes on the VPS's are solid and haven't gone missing for several weeks now.
Activity: 14
I have the same  but my balance is showing fine.
Hi Guys

has anyone run more the 1 DAS node on the Windows wallet. I tried setting it up but the 2nd Masternode keeps getting missing.

Yes, I am running more than 2 masternodes controlled by 1 windows wallet.

What is your setup?
Is the masternode gone missing on the VPS as well, or only in the Windows wallet?
Do you run both masternodes on the same VPS?
Do they have separate static IPs?
Activity: 2
Hi Guys

has anyone run more the 1 DAS node on the Windows wallet. I tried setting it up but the 2nd Masternode keeps getting missing.

Activity: 136
can i setup a masternode on my windows laptop?

p.s.  specs are okey, i dont use this laptop anymore, i have static ip.

do a search on youtube for steps.
pathfinder das masternode setup on windows
Activity: 33
can i setup a masternode on my windows laptop?

p.s.  specs are okey, i dont use this laptop anymore, i have static ip.
DAS price is definitely tumbling but it can easily bounce back. As someone else has mentioned, can't the community take over development? Probably better than having 1 developer anyways.

there u go now u are talking and thinking ahead, protocol for these types of issues have backup devs just in case.
let me know if someone wants to join me in getting a new dev for das, lets make this coin awesome! it already has a lot in place.
Activity: 280
Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway
DAS price is definitely tumbling but it can easily bounce back. As someone else has mentioned, can't the community take over development? Probably better than having 1 developer anyways.
How do we get coins back from our masternodes? When you try to send the coins somewhere it is 1000 short since those were sent to your masternode, so how do you get those back to send them somewhere else if needed?

They stay on your wallet
Just at a different address
How do we get coins back from our masternodes? When you try to send the coins somewhere it is 1000 short since those were sent to your masternode, so how do you get those back to send them somewhere else if needed?

If you have a controlling windows wallet, they you can click on 'send' then input. Select the grayed out 1000 balance and right click and unlock it.
If you have a hot masternode, change the masternode=1 to 0 in the das.conf file.
send 1000 to 0 wallet....   wait 2 day, but 435 confirmation

masternode outputs

{
}

zero... not have transaction id help mee please.  das network working?

Have you sent a 1000 DAS exactly, or 1000 DAS - transaction fee?
Do you check this 'masternode outputs' command on the wallet where the coin arrived, and not where you sent from?
Activity: 406
Activity: 238
dodopool.com operator
The timing of Truckmans last log on is close to the hurricane in Texas. It's possible he was involved. Still, you would think he might mention a hurricane was headed his way.
Then, Truckman was dead in the Texas hurricane?

isn't truckman turkish?

edit: oh may be turkish living in texas Tongue
Activity: 15
My wallet received the initial coins I sent it from Nova but I can not send from it to any other address. Just question marks, no confirmations. The funny thing is that the wallet seems to be syncing now but still not functional.  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: