Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Datacoin - Censorship-Free Data Storage - page 74. (Read 66642 times)

Activity: 481
Merit: 252
Devs - Are there any known issues with RPC GetBlockTemplate + SubmitBlock?

I've updated my jhPrimeMiner source to work with DTC - and have been trying to solo mine for the past few weeks - my miner is submitting blocks and getting success return values from the RPC - but the blocks don't seem to be accepted by the network Sad

Ideas?

You are aware of our 3000 confirmations?

My "mined" blocks are not even showing up as orphaned in the wallet - the debug log file shows the call to SubmitBlock, then sometimes some network related block activity but my mined blocks are never included in the blockchain. Clearly something is awry with the generated blocks - but the wallet is not rejecting them outright - so I'm not sure what lol Smiley

*EDIT* Nevermind! - I think I've found the issue in my coinbase generation Smiley

And I have fixed it Smiley Here's my first block using the updated version of my jhPrimeMiner Smiley

http://www.bytestamp.net/blocks/qblo/en/2066210

Fantastic.  I will reflect in OP.
-extro
Activity: 65
Merit: 10

I've updated my jhPrimeMiner source to work with DTC - and have been trying to solo mine for the past few weeks - my miner is submitting blocks and getting success return values from the RPC - but the blocks don't seem to be accepted by the network Sad

Ideas?

My "mined" blocks are not even showing up as orphaned in the wallet - the debug log file shows the call to SubmitBlock, then sometimes some network related block activity but my mined blocks are never included in the blockchain. Clearly something is awry with the generated blocks - but the wallet is not rejecting them outright - so I'm not sure what lol Smiley

*EDIT* Nevermind! - I think I've found the issue in my coinbase generation Smiley

And I have fixed it Smiley Here's my first block using the updated version of my jhPrimeMiner Smiley

http://www.bytestamp.net/blocks/qblo/en/2066210

Ideas?

Ideas?

Looks like the atomic swaps between Litecoin, Bitcoin and Decred were done with Go and Go clients of the respective coins.   Sad

So no hope for altcoins that do not have Go clients.

Hello,

Apparently, SegWit is a prerequisite for Lightning and it is Lightning which brings Atomic Swamps.
    reference on coindesk.com

Best Regards,
-Chicago

You don't need SegWit for atomic swaps - SCRIPT contracts are enough.  There is a nice demo by Charlie Lee in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw5icKcmdbA

The Github repository is here: https://github.com/decred/atomicswap

I thought I could use the dcratomicswap to create a dtcatomicswap, but it seems you need Go clients.  You will notice references to github.com/decred/dcrd/chaincfg in main.go which is part of a Go implementation of Decred.

Or maybe I am wrong.  I started the process of adding Datacoin: https://github.com/decred/atomicswap/issues/27

I was wrong - we don't need a Go client.  jrick answered:

"These tools just talk RPC to the wallets, it does not matter what language they are built in. You can use them to talk to the full node c++ wallets (e.g. btcatomicswap works with bitcoind/Bitcoin Qt)."

So I am going ahead modifying the utility to work with Datacoin.

Ideas?
Looks like the atomic swaps between Litecoin, Bitcoin and Decred were done with Go and Go clients of the respective coins.   Sad

Hello,

Apparently, SegWit is a prerequisite for Lightning and it is Lightning which brings Atomic Swamps.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

You don't need SegWit for atomic swaps - SCRIPT contracts are enough.  There is a nice demo by Charlie Lee in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw5icKcmdbA

The Github repository is here: https://github.com/decred/atomicswap

I thought I could use the dcratomicswap to create a dtcatomicswap, but it seems you need Go clients.  You will notice references to github.com/decred/dcrd/chaincfg in main.go which is part of a Go implementation of Decred.

Or maybe I am wrong.  I started the process of adding Datacoin: https://github.com/decred/atomicswap/issues/27
Activity: 592
Merit: 259
We are going forward, connection count increased:
    "connections" : 39,

Hi MarcusDe,

39 connections is quite high compared to what I had been seeing around the network on a couple of nodes.
    Are you seeing only protocol 70001 clients or are there other protocol versions you're seeing in your peer list as well?

Also, here are the agent strings I find on my peer list.  Do you identify any others in the swarm of 39 connections you have presently?

• /Satoshi:0.8.3/
  • /Satoshi:0.8.5/
  • /Satoshi:0.8.6/Datacoin:0.1.2(v0.1.2.0dtc-hp14-gunk-beta)/
  • /Datacoin:0.8.6/Datacoin:0.1.2(v0.8.6.0)/

Best Regards,
-Chicago
Looks like the atomic swaps between Litecoin, Bitcoin and Decred were done with Go and Go clients of the respective coins.   Sad

Hello,

Best Regards,
-Chicago
Looks like the atomic swaps between Litecoin, Bitcoin and Decred were done with Go and Go clients of the respective coins.   Sad

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
September 30, 2017, 04:50:32 PM
Any bounty for datacoin?
Activity: 796
Merit: 505
September 30, 2017, 04:23:46 PM
We are going forward, connection count increased:

"blocks" : 2059667,
    "moneysupply" : 27437439.49783475,
    "timeoffset" : -1,
    "connections" : 39,

Activity: 796
Merit: 505
September 30, 2017, 04:21:01 PM
can not connect to the pool

can't too. dev fix this problem pls

You mean dtc.graymines.net?

Any error codes/screenshots/config?
legendary
Activity: 2448
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
September 30, 2017, 07:22:07 AM
Hi all,

I'm Business Developer for EnergyCoin but I like DataCoin and run a node on my Mac and PC.
Collect some extra $DTC and see application this coin.
Maybe there is also application for Geodata, my speciality.
Follow the new start.
Succes,
Jan
Activity: 80
September 30, 2017, 03:49:26 AM

can't too. dev fix this problem pls
September 30, 2017, 03:40:09 AM
You may pm me the link if it is not the same client that was previously posted by extro24 and gjhiggins.

Hi Hamburger,

Links to the release candidates which were not previously posted by extro24 and gjhiggins have been sent to you via a PM.
    This is a port from latest Primecoin upstream sources on Bitcoin v0.8.6.0 with modifications to build for Qt v5.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
Activity: 241
Merit: 107
September 30, 2017, 03:16:53 AM
So, the Window wallet are not working at the moment? No connection.

Hello d3athgu1s3,

There is a new release-candidate which needs to be tested and should work for you on windows.
    It is able to find the swarm immediately and can get > 8 connections pretty quickly.

I'm not going to publish the URL here until I've had some confirmation about all the things working as expected.

The URLs were shared with extro24 and gjhiggins about 24 hours ago or so.
    The plan with the new release candidate is to sync the whole chain using it on Linux/Windows/macOS and then start mining with it and conduct some transactions.
    Since syncing the chain from scratch takes a few days; this is a bit of a sit-and-wait exercise.

Although, if you're interested in joining us in testing, just send a PM to extro24, gjhiggins or I and we'll link you to the release-candidate Windows installer.
    If you feel like testing on the other two platforms as well, that would be awesome.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

Hi,

I can confirm that the Wallet at the link previously posted works as it should.

After starting the Wallet it is important to add nodes, do so by clicking on the Help menu, then click on the Debug window for the Console to open and select the Console tab and next start adding the following nodes with the command line.

At the bottom you will see a > and net to it a text block;

copy and paste addnode 139.59.84.79 add into the text block and then press enter on your keyboard,
copy and paste addnode 104.236.250.232 add into the text block and then press enter on your keyboard,

you should see "addnode 139.59.84.79 add" and "addnode 104.236.250.232 add" appear in Teal in the Console screen.

Your Wallet should connect and start Synchronizing with the network. You may add more nodes as posted here - the two IP addresses mentioned above are now permanent Datacoin nodes sponsored by myself.

@-Chicago

You may pm me the link if it is not the same client that was previously posted by extro24 and gjhiggins.

Thanks,

Hamburger

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
September 30, 2017, 01:07:06 AM
September 29, 2017, 10:07:55 PM
So, the Window wallet are not working at the moment? No connection.

Hello d3athgu1s3,

There is a new release-candidate which needs to be tested and should work for you on windows.
    It is able to find the swarm immediately and can get > 8 connections pretty quickly.

I'm not going to publish the URL here until I've had some confirmation about all the things working as expected.

The URLs were shared with extro24 and gjhiggins about 24 hours ago or so.
    The plan with the new release candidate is to sync the whole chain using it on Linux/Windows/macOS and then start mining with it and conduct some transactions.
    Since syncing the chain from scratch takes a few days; this is a bit of a sit-and-wait exercise.

Although, if you're interested in joining us in testing, just send a PM to extro24, gjhiggins or I and we'll link you to the release-candidate Windows installer.
    If you feel like testing on the other two platforms as well, that would be awesome.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
September 28, 2017, 10:59:59 AM
Rare Pepe

I am trying to wrap my head around the Rare Pepe cards meme and it seems to me the idea is also applicable to Datacoin.  We have a data field of 128kB and an asset can be associated with a particular transaction. That asset can then be sent to a new address with the Datacoin.  So we should be able to create Rare Pepe cards (size 128kB) on Datacoin?

I uploaded a Pepe image I got on the internet on Bytestamp here: txid: 2e73abc7d24f1a042abc2e7c7114a9b0b12ab4b2765e8ba3036a790ef9ee26af

Bytestamp now lists it as Und App.  I need the picture to be shown (it is a jpg).  Will it be visible in Bitfossil?  I understand that if I send those coins to a new address the image will also be transferred.

Any thoughts/questions/rebukes are most welcome.

-extro

Pages:
Jump to: