Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Diamond DMD - new PoW/PoS coin | Super random blocks | Only 4.38 mil total - page 18. (Read 116367 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Promotion is acctualy only thing this coin needs...
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
I'll look into it when I have the time, Pmalek. The main thing now is promotion !

I would like to announce that I am putting up 75 DMD bounty for a block explorer. If you would like to contribute to this, post your pledge and/or send to the addy below.
dZmBcsh8EHRqkJsBn44JL5FvpvBML9zij3
legendary
We are Devless !! Wink

If I knew what I was doing.. I would take over this coin. Smiley

At least the website still works.

Please do! Johnluc said he was open to such thing as long as it benefits the coin...

Here is my thread where I proposed such thing: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/proposal-let-there-be-dmd-takeover-271473
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
shame since the coin was such a good design and the name diamond coin is quite awesome, since everyone associates diamonds with being one of the most valuable things one can own.

For another dev to take over with it, what would they have to do? would they have to reset the blockchain and we all lose our diamonds or is there another way?

legendary
We are Devless !! Wink

If I knew what I was doing.. I would take over this coin. Smiley

At least the website still works.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Yep come on devs what is happening with this coin??
legendary
This coin definitely needs a team. Dev is not active enough...
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Version 1.1 is released. This version added more checkpoints so making the coin more secure. Please upgrade although it is not a mandatory upgrade, you are highly encouraged to upgrade, to make this coin safer.

Both download links and source code in github are updated.

Diamond - DMD, the latest PoW/PoS coin which combines the best of all the alt coin!

Diamond combines the best from Bitcoin/Litecoin/Novacoin/Luckycoin/Florincoin, it uses both Proof of Work and Proof of Stake. This provides a excellent resistence to 51% attack. It also combines the random block feature from Luckycoin, making it the first coin in Pow/PoS category to use random blocks. It also supports transaction comments like Florincoin, so when you send transactions to the cosmos, you and your receiver won't be lost! This coin has very low transaction fees. It provides steady coin supply at 1 diamond per block for 8 years. Diamond is one of the best of the alt coins exist today.

The official website:
http://diamondcoin.net

Specifications:
   - Proof of work/Proof of stake
   - Scrypt
   - Each normal block has 1 diamond
   - 1 minute block time
   - 1500 diamonds per day including bonus blocks
   - Difficulty retargets every block
   - Mining will last for 8 years
   - Expected total coins will be 4,380,000 diamonds
   - 3 confirmations for transaction
   - 50 confirmations for minted blocks
   - Low transaction fees.
   - Every day on average there are randomly:
      - 10 bonus blocks with 2 diamonds each
      - 3 super blocks with 8 diamonds each
      - 1 super+ block with 30 diamonds
   - The default ports are 17771(Connect) and 17772(RPC).

QUESTION:::  WHAT IS THE POS PAYMENT RATE in annual interest???  - digeros
Activity: 434
Just as a heads up:

There seems to be an issue with the dmd.minar.cc pool.

Webpage is reporting 0 pool hashrate. Workers are showing 0. Appears dead.

CGMINER reporting no servers can be used.
Stratum server froze but did not stop (crashed) so the monitoring soft did not restart it automatically, i dont know why..
Its up an running
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
Just as a heads up:

There seems to be an issue with the dmd.minar.cc pool.

Webpage is reporting 0 pool hashrate. Workers are showing 0. Appears dead.

CGMINER reporting no servers can be used.
gmg
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
diff in cgminer u have to divide with 65536.
dont know why, but that works.

Fyi.. That is how many shares it will take, on average, to find a block at 1.0 diff. Wink

This also had me confused a while ago. lol

@gmg Congrats !

May the DMD be with you.  Roll Eyes

Tip: Set the expiry in Cgminer to 30 or 1, if your internet connection is fast or free'd up enough to handle the extra traffic. This will reduce the rejects/stales.

gl

Thanks for the tip, but DMD has been a pleasant surprise up to now: after 34 hours of mining on a single 7870, I've found 11 blocks and had only 3 rejects  Wink
legendary

Fyi.. That is how many shares it will take, on average, to find a block at 1.0 diff. Wink

This also had me confused a while ago. lol

@gmg Congrats !

May the DMD be with you.  Roll Eyes

Tip: Set the expiry in Cgminer to 30 or 1, if your internet connection is fast or free'd up enough to handle the extra traffic. This will reduce the rejects/stales.

gl
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
New pool is finished:

PPLNB (PPS)
Vardiff Stratum
Custom made front and backend
payments every 5 minutes

http://www.miningpool.co

Please Note:

The old pool http://diamondcoin.miningpool.co will be closing down on the 10th of September.
gmg
Thanks for the info!

Just mined my first diamond as well  Cheesy
Activity: 294
gmg
I started solo mining a few minutes ago, following the instructions in the OP. But, cgminer reports network difficulty to be around 100K! How is this compatible with difficulties slightly above 1 as reported e.g. in coinwarz? (if difficulty is really 100K, then I obviously don't stand a chance of ever finding a block!)
Activity: 162
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
 Angry Coinminer Pool Problems?
I have mining for 12 hours in pool Coinminer. I have found 24 blocks and I have 12.12 DMD but all are uncorfimed. Also all the blocks in the pool are uncorfimed.
What's goin on with this pool?
legendary
Is it just me, or does that Network hash seem to be jumping between 74 mh/s and 140 mh/s very frequently?

Did one of the multi-alt coin pools pick this up and now every time it becomes the "most profitable" to mine, the pool switches over to it?

Either way.......wish this coin got more support/had a more active dev like some of the lessor alt coins.

Its that or someone with a ton of hashpower or a botnet, playing the coin hoppin rollercoaster game. They, ie. the coin and mining software devs, just keep making it easier and easier for the hoarders. :/

Many altcoins that have fast difficulty adjustments will experience this. eg. Terracoin has been ravaged for months by this same method.
Activity: 171
Is it just me, or does that Network hash seem to be jumping between 74 mh/s and 140 mh/s very frequently?

Did one of the multi-alt coin pools pick this up and now every time it becomes the "most profitable" to mine, the pool switches over to it?

Either way.......wish this coin got more support/had a more active dev like some of the lessor alt coins.
Pages:
Jump to: