Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Diamond DMD - new PoW/PoS coin | Super random blocks | Only 4.38 mil total - page 14. (Read 116355 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
i think there are big problems with DMD !!!

i mined it for a while and got about 159 dmd between 19-9-2013 and 22-9 then i transferd them to cryptsy received them and sold them but now i have a negative -159 dmd balance at cryptsy and 0 confirms in my client with a ?

Can anyone explain this? do i have to upgrade or something?
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
I just noticed something strange in my Diamond-QT wallet: Recent Transactions at the Overview screen are not updated anymore and seem to have been stuck in September 23.

Mining appears to continue as usual and transactions have happened yesterday and today and they appear in the Transactions tab. Just not in the main screen.

Anybody else having the same problem?

me aswell, using Diamond version 1.0.0.0
can't find any new, that one, where is stated, it should be 1.1, but link is
just for v1.0.0.0
http://diamondcoin.net/ also unreacheable
gmg
Activity: 108
I just noticed something strange in my Diamond-QT wallet: Recent Transactions at the Overview screen are not updated anymore and seem to have been stuck in September 23.

Mining appears to continue as usual and transactions have happened yesterday and today and they appear in the Transactions tab. Just not in the main screen.

Anybody else having the same problem?
gmg
Is this a coin you can mine effectively on a laptop?

You mean over a CPU? It should be possible, as difficulty is very low (typically around 1), but it will of course be much less profitable than GPU mining.

All in all, I believe this to be perhaps the most interesting of the altcoins, except LTC and maybe PPC. Its scarcity (only 4.38 million in total) means that if we ever see a jump in altcoin interest in the future, it has the potential to skyrocket in price. Plus, it's very fast (block and difficulty retargeting every minute) and has a great name!

Also, it is consistently among the most profitable coins in www.coinwarz.com, at least for my 7870.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
Is this a coin you can mine effectively on a laptop?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
What exactly did it jump to ? How many blocks were found before the diff dropped ?

I'm mining it now and Cgminer shows the diff at 26.6k...

The blocks are flying as I'm typing this... and so are the difficulty jumps... 89.8k and climbing.. 105k..

I smell a scrypt asic.. lol

omg.. 119k.. and not slowing down. Cheesy
gmg

Is there something wrong with the blockchain? Suddenly, difficulty has skyrocketed (10-20x what I used to see) and, more worryingly, it doesn't retarget after each block as it should. Any ideas?
legendary
gmg

I don't know if my previous post helped, but last night I got both a 2 DMD bonus block and a 30 DMD super+ block!!!

Go DMD, go!!!  Grin  Grin
legendary
I hit one for 2 DMD back on July 27 and none since.

Can anyone confirm that DMD's PoS is working properly ? Staking has come to a crawl since updating the client...
gmg

Just wondering: has anybody hit on those bonus or super blocks (worth 2,8,30 DMD)? Are they for real?

I've been mining for some time now, but all I've seen is 1 DMD normal blocks.
Activity: 201
try new DMD pool
1.5% pool fee prop payments
dmd.zabmail.ru
stratum on port 3344

This pool is not running anymore?
Activity: 196
Google/YouTube
Are there ways to earn this coin without mining, maybe by writing?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Need coin developer assistanse.
diamondd compiled from latest sources from git on ubuntu
wallet raises exception on submitblock rpc call (NOT ALWAYS, some blocks are submitted just fine)
debug.log:
ThreadRPCServer method=submitblock
******* exception encountered *******
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x819b19c]
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x8065091]
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x80fc5de]
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x8157453]
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x814e75a]
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x811a889]
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x811e6de]
/usr/lib/libboost_thread.so.1.48.0(+0xb1cc)[0xb76ca1cc]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x6dec)[0xb7300dec]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(clone+0x5e)[0xb710fd6e]
Flushed 1485 addresses to peers.dat  4105ms

Where can be a problem?

Hi, what soft/fork are you using on your pool? I have had that problem with stratum PoS branch, and while PoS stake mining active, i disabled PoS mining and i have stopped getting that.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
try new DMD pool
1.5% pool fee prop payments
dmd.zabmail.ru
stratum on port 3344

PS:
Need coin developer assistanse.
diamondd compiled from latest sources from git on ubuntu
wallet raises exception on submitblock rpc call (NOT ALWAYS, some blocks are submitted just fine)
debug.log:
ThreadRPCServer method=submitblock
******* exception encountered *******
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x819b19c]
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x8065091]
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x80fc5de]
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x8157453]
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x814e75a]
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x811a889]
/home/diamond/diamondd[0x811e6de]
/usr/lib/libboost_thread.so.1.48.0(+0xb1cc)[0xb76ca1cc]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x6dec)[0xb7300dec]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(clone+0x5e)[0xb710fd6e]
Flushed 1485 addresses to peers.dat  4105ms

Where can be a problem?
Activity: 1470
Merit: 521
No more Rekt and Bust
PHS has a minting about 2x so it should be worth at most half as much as DMD, imo. ETC
Activity: 280
DMD is resurrecting!  Grin It would be nice for it to have at least one pump in a lifetime... I wonder why no one wanna pump it, BTG had that huge pump that driven it to 0.03 I think...

I kind  of like DMD but it doesn't compare to PHS... so If you want to trade my mined DMD for some PHS  (WTT my DMD, for PHS)  I will take 100 PHS per 1 DMD.  go some PM me. -digeros
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
DMD is resurrecting!  Grin It would be nice for it to have at least one pump in a lifetime... I wonder why no one wanna pump it, BTG had that huge pump that driven it to 0.03 I think...
Activity: 658

I've been solo mining DMD for a couple of weeks now, and I have two questions for the more experienced people here:
a) since yesterday, I see quite a few transactions in my wallet with: Type=mined, Address=(n/a), Amount =0.00. Any ideas what this means?
b) I also notice that my Stake balance is now 1.00. How did I get this? Is it related to the question above? When will this balance mature to be transferred to my main balance?

Thanks!

Well for B) i can say that your Stake is taken from your Balance, and after a random (i think) period of time, it generates a block with what was on Stake + PoS Interests. This interests are ~0.01 or sometimes 0, so you didn't get any interests.. and got your stake back to balance.

It is pretty weird at first, but you can do "diamondd listtransactions" and look for blocks with flag "proof-of-stake" where you can see your amount and check your PoS earnings  Wink
Hope it helps !

Thanks!

Anyone knows what these 0.00 blocks are? I'm getting quite a lot of those lately...
the 0.00 blocks are pos blocks, depends on what you accumulate, the payout for the pos blocks is 0.00 or 0.01 DMD. The "interest" rate of pos for DMD is pretty low, anywhere between 1-5%. And there's a rounding in the code, that's why you often see 0.00. In some other pos coins (PHS for example), the rounding was removed and interest increased (to 50-100%), so you see significant payout for pos there.
Activity: 434

I've been solo mining DMD for a couple of weeks now, and I have two questions for the more experienced people here:
a) since yesterday, I see quite a few transactions in my wallet with: Type=mined, Address=(n/a), Amount =0.00. Any ideas what this means?
b) I also notice that my Stake balance is now 1.00. How did I get this? Is it related to the question above? When will this balance mature to be transferred to my main balance?

Thanks!

Well for B) i can say that your Stake is taken from your Balance, and after a random (i think) period of time, it generates a block with what was on Stake + PoS Interests. This interests are ~0.01 or sometimes 0, so you didn't get any interests.. and got your stake back to balance.

It is pretty weird at first, but you can do "diamondd listtransactions" and look for blocks with flag "proof-of-stake" where you can see your amount and check your PoS earnings  Wink
Hope it helps !

Thanks!

Anyone knows what these 0.00 blocks are? I'm getting quite a lot of those lately...
Do "diamondd listtransactions" and look for blocks flag, is it   "proof-of-stake" or  "proof-of-work" ?
Pages:
Jump to: