Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 132. (Read 450263 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
DigitalNote XDN QT GUI v1.0.8-beta is working flawlessly.
 Grin

I still need to try the new messaging features.

You will not see messages 2.0 transactions on blockchain explorers with tx pool view support until they will update DigitalNote daemons to v3.1.1-beta.

But out of blockchain messages itself are working, you can send a message and check your daemon with

Code:
print_pool_sh

Activity: 177
Merit: 100
DigitalNote XDN QT GUI v1.0.8-beta is working flawlessly.
 Grin

I still need to try the new messaging features.
There is also a new useful feature called Wallet reset.
Now you can reset your wallet and resync it with daemon - cleat tx history and get only transaction included in blockchain.
Also can be useful in many different cased.

Code:
File -> Wallet reset

Introducing Messages 2.0 with new DigitalNote XDN QT GUI v1.0.8-beta

This is the first implementation of decentralized untraceable encrypted messaging based on blockchain. Messages 2.0 is an extended ability of XDN messages not to be included in blockchain => be destroyed after some time.

As you can see there is a new option called Set self destruct timer

If you will set it, message will be excluded from tx pools after time and will not be included in blockchain.

https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/commit/fb52b549609d8ec862d659f9345b04ba7363df44 <- DigitalNote XDN QT GUI v1.0.8-beta source code

https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases/tag/v1.0.8-beta <- DigitalNote XDN QT GUI v1.0.8-beta binaries
First let me introduce an updated v3.1.1-beta ./digitalnoted daemon and updated v3.1.1-beta ./simplewallet with console message sending support, including messages 2.0.

It is strongly recommended for everyone to update DigitalNote to 3.1.1-beta for Messages 2.0.

So as a result for today we have new RPC Messages 2.0 API, full Messages 2.0 core support and console message sending.

Here is an example of message sending using DigitalNote simplewallet
Code:
transfer [mixin_count] [address] [-m "message"] [-ttl minutes]

-m is a message. Interface is very simple and sometimes can be limited by using "".
-ttl is a self destruct timer, set in minutes. Max value is 14 hours. After that time message will be excluded.

DigitalNote XDN v3.1.1-beta source code
https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnote/commit/01adc3c61a18e43a9c53ea6d35d302adf47d9630

DigitalNote XDN v3.1.1-beta binaries
https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnote/releases/tag/v3.1.1-beta

Activity: 149
In case the analogy was unclear:
Satoshi mining 80+% of Bitcoin = Bytecoin
SuperFunJumBucks = Ducknote
SecretDarkStealthDollars = Darknote
VerySeriousHighTechNotes = Digitalnote

I'm not criticizing or anything, the decision was made by the dev(s) at launch (I'm assuming the name changes were planned), and I was just offering my little parable and opinion on why Digitalnote hasn't managed to capture the attention of more people. There is uncertainty about who mined how much. Go look at the difficulty over the first three months when 85+% of total coins were emitted; it was pretty anemic.

Here you can see all the money in the world. Compare now with whatever you want, even with 10 planets resources you can compare and is invented or imagined and have not had a chance even to touch it.

http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization/

Before answering all your questions, lets do release  Grin
In about one hour after nodes update.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
This update is truly another proof that XDN is the most advanced cryptonote coin.

I simply don't understand the lack of interest of the community for DigitalNote. Huh

Congrats Dev for your hard work. Smiley

If I had to guess, I would say the very fast emission in conjunction with the name changes.

Imagine that Bitcoin launched with Satoshi having mined 80+% of all coins that would ever exist, rather than 5% or so. Then, a few months later, a series of forks were launched with different emission parameters, different names, and maybe slightly different technology. One of those coins, let's call it SuperFunJumBucks, decided to emit over 85% of all coins that would ever exist in 3 months, while it was pretty unknown, had low community interest, and a silly name. Then SuperFunJumBucks decided to change its name to SecretDarkStealthDollars, and at the same time added some interesting messaging technology; it was still pretty unknown at this point, but during these next few "dark" months it emitted another 8 or 9% of the total that would ever exist to take the emission curve near to completion. Now, it decides to change its name again to VerySeriousHighTechNotes, and adds some other very interesting tech such as locking coins with interest, and maybe in the future Proof-of-activity, more messaging features etc.

IMO, this is essentially the situation Digitalnote finds itself in. If you were interested in the tech behind the coin, why not just fork it, or buy/mine a fork that has a slower emission schedule (bitcedi, for instance), so you don't have to worry about some (the?) early miner dumping 50+% of all coins that will ever exist at some point? (This is not to mention the Monero research paper that suggests if there is some entity controlling a large percentage of the utxo set, that they can deanonymize others ring txs.)

puhh, i did not know this. if this is true then xdn is just a other bullshit altcoin. please dNote explain us what do you think about that. i am curious to know your opinion. thanks.

i this is true then i have to dump and never look back xdn.

In case the analogy was unclear:
Satoshi mining 80+% of Bitcoin = Bytecoin
SuperFunJumBucks = Ducknote
SecretDarkStealthDollars = Darknote
VerySeriousHighTechNotes = Digitalnote

I'm not criticizing or anything, the decision was made by the dev(s) at launch (I'm assuming the name changes were planned), and I was just offering my little parable and opinion on why Digitalnote hasn't managed to capture the attention of more people. There is uncertainty about who mined how much. Go look at the difficulty over the first three months when 85+% of total coins were emitted; it was pretty anemic.
I've been here since the beginning. Have a look at the first page of this thread to see information about XDN history. Right now you can get over 50 million XDN for under 10BTC on Poloniex alone. If you put a buy order for 50,000,000XDN @ 17sat, you might get them for 8.5BTC. I sold most of what I mined at the beginning for between 7 - 10 sat to cover expenses and since then have bought them back on the cheap. I don't know what peoples' problems are for not being here from the start. It would have been nice if I new about bitcoin and bought 10,000 of them for about $20 or a couple pizzas. My wife just bought one bitcoin for $699CAD and I just bought 1 million XDN for about $120CAD.

XDN is the best cryptonote available so I have been trying to build up a small stash with my limited income for literally years now.

DigitalNote is still at the beginning with lots more development to come. I'm excited.
Activity: 149
This update is truly another proof that XDN is the most advanced cryptonote coin.

I simply don't understand the lack of interest of the community for DigitalNote. Huh

If I had to guess, I would say the very fast emission in conjunction with the name changes.

Imagine that Bitcoin launched with Satoshi having mined 80+% of all coins that would ever exist, rather than 5% or so. Then, a few months later, a series of forks were launched with different emission parameters, different names, and maybe slightly different technology. One of those coins, let's call it SuperFunJumBucks, decided to emit over 85% of all coins that would ever exist in 3 months, while it was pretty unknown, had low community interest, and a silly name. Then SuperFunJumBucks decided to change its name to SecretDarkStealthDollars, and at the same time added some interesting messaging technology; it was still pretty unknown at this point, but during these next few "dark" months it emitted another 8 or 9% of the total that would ever exist to take the emission curve near to completion. Now, it decides to change its name again to VerySeriousHighTechNotes, and adds some other very interesting tech such as locking coins with interest, and maybe in the future Proof-of-activity, more messaging features etc.

IMO, this is essentially the situation Digitalnote finds itself in. If you were interested in the tech behind the coin, why not just fork it, or buy/mine a fork that has a slower emission schedule (bitcedi, for instance), so you don't have to worry about some (the?) early miner dumping 50+% of all coins that will ever exist at some point? (This is not to mention the Monero research paper that suggests if there is some entity controlling a large percentage of the utxo set, that they can deanonymize others ring txs.)

puhh, i did not know this. if this is true then xdn is just a other bullshit altcoin. please dNote explain us what do you think about that. i am curious to know your opinion. thanks.

you can see in first page of DigitalNote.

Here are detailed XDN base block rewards specifications:

1 month - 320 000 XDN duckNote - loud announce on the very 1st block. no premine or instamine.
2 month - 160 000 XDN duckNote
3 month - 80 000 XDN  duckNote
4 month - 40 000 XDN  DarkNote
5 month - 20 000 XDN  DarkNote
6 month - 10 000 XDN  DarkNote
7 month - 5 000 XDN    DarkNote
8 month - 2 500 XDN    DarkNote
9 month - 1250 XDN     DarkNote
10 month - 625 XDN     DarkNote
11 month - 312.5 XDN  DarkNote
12 month - 156.25 XDN DarkNote
13 month - 150 XDN     DigitalNote
14 month -150 XDN      DigitalNote
15 month - 150 XDN     DigitalNote
etc  DigitalNote
etc. DigitalNote
150 XDN DigitalNote

DuckNote (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xdn-ducknote-ann-anonymous-cpu-efficient-smart-economy-632595) you can read this info from first day.
      DarkNote (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xdn-darknote-anonymous-100-pow-cpuuntraceable-crypto-messagesgui-client-788916) first page
      DigitalNote (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-digitalnote-xdn-icco-announce-news-1082745) first page.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

@dNote,

can you explain why this decisions were made?

thanks.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

sooner or later anyone wakes up
Please, wait with update, we will upload some fixes today with GUI wallet.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Yes,

In today's world of 'instant everything', technological advancements and readily available credit have allowed us to obtain, experience, and consume practically anything we want - almost immediately. Do we even need to be patient anymore?
Well, if we want to reach our goals and achieve personal peace, the answer is a resounding yes!

it's probably harder now to be patient than historically it has ever been.

Anything worthwhile and of importance cannot take place right away. It takes time, dedication and effort to achieve;

Patience is a virtue, dedication is everything.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117
Happy Birthday DigitalNote XDN. Meet Messages 2.0 with DigitalNote XDN 3.1.0-beta

Today we intoduce DigitalNote XDN Messages 2.0 and Messages API.[/b][/size]

New messages type - messages not stored in blockchain. This messages will not be included in blockchain and will be destroyed after some time. You can set self destruction timer for message. In future we will add Proof of work for message sending, so you will need to do some 10-60s PoW mining to send message with no XDN charge. New simplewallet Messages API for sending and receiving crypto messages, using XDN blockchain.

Today we release DigitalNote XDN 3.1.0-beta version with
- Messages 2.0 core support
- Messages API for simplewallet
- Basic Access Authentication

This week we will release:
- Messages 2.0 in GUI with self destruction timer
- Send to many feature in GUI

Happy birthday and happy releases week!

https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnote/commit/bdea9dd303637f3e85d7f6e44f0ea93ef95b7871
https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnote/releases/tag/v3.1.0-beta <- Binaries

finally. thank you. i have to wait for the gui wallet. after that i will give the message feature a try.

and happy b-day. thank you for your work. a work that does not make you rich i think. something that is really unusual in the altcoin community.
Please update your daemons to the latest XDN version
DigitalNote GUI with Messages 2.0 support will be introduced in next 48 hours. Also we will bring some new 2 year XDN stats this week, enjoy.
Jump to: