Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 143. (Read 450263 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 252
Hello, I am on OS X Yosemite with XDN wallet ver 0.99b which I didn't open since about early June of 2015. I tried to sync for the last couple days and my wallet doesn't connect. I tried to upgrade to current wallet, but I am getting "The application “digitalnotewallet” can’t be opened." I tried new wallet on Windows, but I cannot import my OS X wallet since it is asking me for a password and none works. I read the forum and tried to export/import private key, however on my OS X wallet "Show private key" button is greyed out. I do have my darknote.wallet that I backed up in June. Any idea how could I get my old wallet working? Thanks

Try option clicking on the application then select open and confirm in the dialog you want to open it anyway ; a simple security
setting on OSX may prevent you the first time from being able to open apps downloaded from the internet by double clicking .

I am not sure if you would have to use the old software version to be able to see your private key ,
but anyway you would have to get through the password request first to have access to your wallet .
That is likely the reason why your export/import key is greyed out — the wallet remains encrypted .
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117
what have you found?

just curious to know somebody wants do place on pc of other BTCT-users.

or do you expect some malware because of
self-extracting
?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
For anyone stuck with a 1970 date for the blockchain, I have done up a self-extracting archive of the two BIN files needed.

Mega link for BIN

This is guaranteed to work on Windows. Mac OSX and Linux can be made available if needed. Or I can put the two files up separately.

VIRUS ALERT!!! DON'T RUN!!
legendary
"The application “digitalnotewallet” can’t be opened.

try to change settings in systemprefs. "security - general - "there you can choose which apps you can run.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Hello,

I am on OS X Yosemite with XDN wallet ver 0.99b which I didn't open since about early June of 2015. I tried to sync for the last couple days and my wallet doesn't connect.

I tried to upgrade to current wallet, but I am getting "The application “digitalnotewallet” can’t be opened."

I tried new wallet on Windows, but I cannot import my OS X wallet since it is asking me for a password and none works.

I read the forum and tried to export/import private key, however on my OS X wallet "Show private key" button is greyed out.

I do have my darknote.wallet that I backed up in June.

Any idea how could I get my old wallet working?

Thanks
Activity: 4
For anyone stuck with a 1970 date for the blockchain, I have done up a self-extracting archive of the two BIN files needed.

Mega link for BIN

This is guaranteed to work on Windows. Mac OSX and Linux can be made available if needed. Or I can put the two files up separately.
If you haven't written down your old private key you would have to try to load your OS and old wallet from a backup ,
then copy or backup your old private key from within the wallet application , use it or import the backed up key on your
new wallet in the new setting you have .

I am not sure you can retrieve the private key from the .digitalnote folder not having made your backup previously .
Maybe that is only a thing dNote can clarify here for you . I had your situation but I also had done my backup of my keys …
So , I only had to import them into the new wallet and I was set for good … with all my xdn sitting on the new address .

Another possibility is to copy your old wallet file (a copy of it ) into the new setting and use your password to get into it ,
if your chain needs to update still your coins should appear along the way in the short time the chain needs to update itself …
legendary
 Grin found it and it work. coins are back.

you still can import your old wallet's balance
via its private key to your new wallet address

and the privat key are stored in this folder too i think. but in which file?

hi two questions according OS X digitalnotewallet.app 1. where is the wallet saved that is created when you launch the app the first time? i did not make a backup before i opened a new *.wallet-file.
how to switch back. just a Time Machine backup from digitalnotewallet.app did not help. so i need to know where the relevant files are stored. 2. where is the blockchains saved under OS X? thanks

It's in users/home[your-username]/.digitalnote
[it is an invisible folder which starts with a dot ]
if you cannot retrieve the old wallet anymore ,
you still can import your old wallet's balance
via its private key to your new wallet address
legendary
hi

two questions according OS X digitalnotewallet.app

1. where is the wallet saved that is created when you launch the app the first time? i did not make a backup before i opened a new *.wallet-file. how to switch back. just a Time Machine backup from digitalnotewallet.app did not help. so i need to know where the relevant files are stored.

2. where is the blockchains saved under OS X?

thanks
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Greetings to everyone,

I am here now just for a few words. You should know that we are doing our best with XDN development, new features and API, and you will see an amazing results.
We are making both - core system and client side improvements.
It might seems we are doing too long, but, believe me, time is a necessary resource with the stuff we are working on.
Thank you for your support and, please. wait for new announcements. 
Activity: 32
I agree, those bin files worked for me as well.
Activity: 4
Just wanted to update, kkraus69's bin files worked. I can probably zip them and provide hashes if that would work, on Dropbox or Mega or something.
Activity: 44
A new slideshow has been uploaded to Vid.me to promote DigitalNote XDN. Here: https://vid.me/fJFY

Feel free to download, add an audio comentary, re-upload to youtube or facebook, or use it in your videos.

If you find my work useful donate @ "xdn.io/name/DigitalNote Nan" Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
So , are all those bin file requests from Windows Users ? (I'm on OSX — didn't have that issue )

I'm guessing the seed node(s) that is (are) hard coded into the client is (are) down. I don't see exactly where that is defined in the source code after a few minutes of looking tho...

They're in src/cryptonote_config.h

Found it, thanks:

Code:
const std::initializer_list SEED_NODES = {
  "seed.digitalnote.org:42080",
  "seed.ducknote.org:42080"
};

Ping works on ducknote (64.34.219.46) one but no response on digitalnote (5.9.13.37).

You can start the node with --add-exlcusive-node and see if it is able to start communicating. Ping success means there is hardware and an OS but not necessarily a node.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
So , are all those bin file requests from Windows Users ? (I'm on OSX — didn't have that issue )

I'm guessing the seed node(s) that is (are) hard coded into the client is (are) down. I don't see exactly where that is defined in the source code after a few minutes of looking tho...

Found it, thanks:

Code:
const std::initializer_list SEED_NODES = {
  "seed.digitalnote.org:42080",
  "seed.ducknote.org:42080"
};

Ping works on ducknote (64.34.219.46) one but no response on digitalnote (5.9.13.37).
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

I would like to assign the interest generated by locking—in some xdn together with mining results to a different address than mine .
I would like to see a feature to do this in a planned and automated manner using the xdn network and wallet technology with an issued
'receipt' or 'certificate' that ' such or any ' transaction has been successfully effected , there should be a mechanism to give proof .

The evolved idea is that of giving someone an income generated from another xdn—party
wishing to do so by mining or by re-distributing any part of the maturing interests .
This can be conditional or unconditional income , the decision is on the givers side .

dNote , can you make 'it' happen from inside the wallet ? That would be truly great !
Activity: 1
Hi,

Can somebody send me the bin files.
Jump to: