Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 151. (Read 450263 times)

Activity: 649
Merit: 500
Dev, what will happen if we lower fee for sending messages, lower than default fee (1.001) ?
Message will be sent and delivered or rejected by network

Sending message is a normal transaction, so you should send at least 1 "duckoshi" 0.00000001 XDN to the recipient.
If miners will not include message in blockchain, recipient will be able to read his message for a short time from transactions pool.

This could have its uses. Ephemeral encrypted messaging.
Activity: 649
Merit: 500
It is amazing how fast the blocks in the xdnchain update on the new wallets , a complete synch from 0 to where we are now takes much less than I thought and is by magnitudes faster than in other blockchain projects , cryptonote or not ; it seems that no dust pays off , among other optimisations I may likely not be aware of . Good  foresight and vision well done . Very user friendly .

Do you have some numbers? Or a close estimate? Just curious.
Activity: 269
Merit: 252
Cool , chainradar rocks .

The podcast proposal of XDN starts at minute 4:18 … and ends at 6:28 .
Someone could cut that out & add the snippet to our growing collection of media appearances & mentions ( IBT , Forbes Magazine , etc )  Cool
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Hello dNote , I have a real feature re—quest that is very important to me as I have been using it often — in almost any transaction — in the sub 1 version wallets . In the new wallet betas this feature is missing since the adoption of QT type GUI wallets . Please .......

Will bring chainradar linking back, thank you for your request.
Dev, what will happen if we lower fee for sending messages, lower than default fee (1.001) ?

Sending message is a normal transaction, so you should send at least 1 "duckoshi" 0.00000001 XDN to the recipient.
If miners will not include message in blockchain, recipient will be able to read his message for a short time from transactions pool.
Activity: 269
Merit: 252
Hello dNote , I have a real feature re—quest that is very important to me as I have been using it often — in almost any transaction — in the sub 1 version wallets . In the new wallet betas this feature is missing since the adoption of QT type GUI wallets . Please include the feature back into the new ones , namely clicking on the transaction hash was triggering conveniently the chainradar webpage with all the xdn transaction data of that tx hash readily available . Now the procedure is all manual , and from the UX perspective backwards enough to be addresses as soon as you see it fit . I don't particularly like the popup of the transaction details in the new wallets , it would be better to just roll the details out under it - with the link Roll Eyes ' Why should we go a long way if we can have the shortcut ?' '

It is amazing how fast the blocks in the xdnchain update on the new wallets , a complete synch from 0 to where we are now takes much less than I thought and is by magnitudes faster than in other blockchain projects , cryptonote or not ; it seems that no dust pays off , among other optimisations I may likely not be aware of . Good  foresight and vision well done . Very user friendly .

To create even lighter wallets , I was thinking of re-generating xdn points at specific positions in the block chain to prune and re-cycle … If we can find a way to validate the current supply for each wallet in the network keeping a shorter backlog version of past confirmations we could prune the effectively used and needed blockchain size down to a minimum , which would enable a better and even faster experience on all kind of devices , including mobiles and smart-watches .

Lastly , some of the users might want to run more than one instance of the wallet with a different address , or have more than one address for the same matter .
Please , consider a caped allowance of several instances or having a max of up to a dozen of addresses in one wallet , for example .
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002
All the aliases that I created on xdn,io, I pointed at the same XDM Address, If the ok? About 4 total I created in that manor.

Also, can I add a bitcoin address to an existing Alias? Or is that something than can only be done during creation?

Yes, you can point all XDN.IO digitalnames to the same XDN address. Also you can edit your DigitalName and add Bitcoin address.
At this point we are working on core updates, so now only DigitalNote wallet is compartible with XDN.IO.
But we will try to add XDN.IO and DigitalName support in major Bitcoin clients, like Electrum.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
All the aliases that I created on xdn,io, I pointed at the same XDM Address, If the ok? About 4 total I created in that manor.

Also, can I add a bitcoin address to an existing Alias? Or is that something than can only be done during creation?
Does my wallet need to be open always to use the banking/deposit feature?

I know in some wallets that "stake", it has to be.

Please advise.

No, just deposit and you can close the wallet any time. It's unrelated to the deposit locking, different system than POS coins.

Thank you, that is right explanation. DigitalNote XDN blockchain banking deposit is based on proof-of-work, but later we will implement Proof-of-activity scheme. Users will receive an additional interest for staying online and securing the network.
Activity: 59

Please advise.

No, just deposit and you can close the wallet any time. It's unrelated to the deposit locking, different system than POS coins.
Activity: 25

Please advise.
Latest deposit stats
print_stat
Block height: 167004
Block difficulty: 6639420
Total coins in network:  6846445858.79661587
Total coins on deposits: 187405089.36893340 (2.73726095%)
Amount of active coins:  6659040769.42768247 (97.26273904%)
Total interest paid: 3043.52164516
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
Pool admins bonus: +150 XDN for every block

A quick note to say that I'll be passing on 20% of this to miners at http://duckpool.mooo.com/, as I did in july.

Thanks
Next week we will try to build DigitalNote QT wallet for Android.
We expect problems with cryptography building, but we will try to solve it in upcoming weeks.
XDN blockchain is lightweight, full DigitalNote mobile node with local mobile blockchain should run well on modern devices.
It is not a best solution to have a full mobile node with you, because eventually XDN blockchain will grow significantly and we will need "light" mobile wallets. But DigitalNote mobile full node is a good idea for the near months, the size is compared with popular Play Market games 1-2GB seems ok. XDN blockchain now <1GB. with 468164 transactions and 166465 blocks after more than 1 year.
Qt wallet and CryptoNote... very nice!

Oh and we have a pool miner inside the wallet.
Latest DigitalNote XDN cryptocurrency blockchain banking stats

print_stat
Block height: 166310
Block difficulty: 7306566
Total coins in network:  6846340309.41095870
Total coins on deposits: 190474789.36893340 (2.78214024%)
Amount of active coins:  6655865520.04202530 (97.21785975%)
Total interest paid: 1585.08831186

It is QT, it is full node, it is open source, it has blockchain banking deposits and encrypted messages inside and some other useful features, like DigitalName support (http://xdn.io http://digitalname.org) and plain text private key import/export, etc
https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet
Activity: 7
Jump to: