Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 251. (Read 1260595 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Two of the computers right here in my computer-room run diamond and are on the same localnet and specify each other with addnode in their startup scripts.

Yet one of them - not the staking one - was up to date with the primary block-explorer and had 31 peers, the other one - te one that was staking - was down to only three peers and a long way back in time.

I think I had already tried restarting it with no blocks so it could get a clean copy of the chain.

I have now shut both down, copied ~/.diamond from the one that was up to date with the primary block-explorer to the staking machine, put the stake wallet back in place and restarted both. Hopefully that will fix it but gosh knows how it broke in the first place.

Meanwhile my third party server out on the net is still not up to date with the block explorer and claims to be seeing a constant stream of bad stake attempts coming in, yet it has 31 peers that is why I thought the chain must have forked, since 31 peers that between them all cannot seem to catch up to the chain seemed kind of unlikely unless a lot of nodes are out of synch...

BY THE WAY, I seem to have forgotten to ANNOUNCE here the asset I have created on the Horizon (NHZ) platform, its name is HZDIA, its asset ID is 15869904380337942274 and I have a little info page about it at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/horizon/assets/hzdia/ and of course Diamond (DMD) is its major holding...

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
The blockchain seems to have forked again.

I even re-started some of my nodes to see if they would get back in synch but they all seem to be getting different blockchains somehow...

-MarkM-

it is possible that that the impact on your internet connection and therefore the wallet lost the right chain.
I already had seen a similar case, but this event is not a fork.
Currently the network is functioning normally and I do not see a fork in my wallet now.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
The blockchain seems to have forked again.

I even re-started some of my nodes to see if they would get back in synch but they all seem to be getting different blockchains somehow...

-MarkM-
Activity: 505
Merit: 500
cryptonit

1. for what these parameters are necessary?
bantime=3600 (why exactly 3600?)
logtimestamps=

2. If on livecoin will be the same volume and liquidity as at Bittrex, livecoin quickly remove DMD from Exchange.
on Bittrex average volume 0.35 btc per day. If do not raise up to 0.5 Bittrex remove also.

3. what will be the next annual percentage before decreasing to 5%?

with DMD 3.0 the POS phase from 2.5 million coins towards 3.5 milliuon coins will be a curve from 25% towards 1% with the same amount of coins in the same timeframe as the original 5% stage was planned

I wonder how a decrease will occur.
after 25% will be 20, then 15, 10, 5, or in some other way?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
because i got the question from long term community member

do we have a DMD Diamond slack

YES

since a long time!

get ur slack invite here
https://dmdcoin.signup.team/

once u are on the slack join join4invite channel and say hello for get the invite into community room

legendary
If it is written in the news come to pass, the DMD will cost 30 times less?
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-price-triple-2017-saxo-bank-prediction/

I would not trust the piar articles that aim to further inflate the bitcoin price.
Why do you think that an increase in the value of Bitcoins will cause the price to drop DMD?
Diamond Price is determined in US dollars.
Crypto currency market consists not only of Bitcoin.
if the coin is stable digital asset that is the test of time, it already has its own value in the crypto market.
However, the future price will largely depend on the further transition to version 3.0, and the creation of services for DMD

because it is already happening, and everyone sees it Smiley
with an increase in prices Bitcoin price of many coins, including DMD down Sad

that happend multiple time in altcoin history that once a bitcoin rise wave ends the altcoins catch up

yes in such phases some altcoins crush and vanish

thats a healthy cleanup

and u can be sure dmd stay and will come out of this in a stronger position than before

I would not trust the piar articles that aim to further inflate the bitcoin price.
Why do you think that an increase in the value of Bitcoins will cause the price to drop DMD?
if the coin is stable digital asset that is the test of time, it already has its own value in the crypto market.
However, the future price will largely depend on the further transition to version 3.0, and the creation of services for DMD

because it is already happening, and everyone sees it Smiley
with an increase in prices Bitcoin price of many coins, including DMD down Sad
i like that u ask questions and participate and be active in this community
even if u like to place some negative view into the futuire and what will happen thats a legit way to ask questions
called devils advocate
if we would not find positive answers then we would not be the right people to lead DMD Diamond Foundation

no negatives and no devil Smiley

I just want to DMD is worth much, MUCH more than it's worth now. Smiley
But I can not affect the price.

and I want to keep the development team in good shape also I want that team more often consulted with the community Smiley

legendary
cryptonit

logtimestamps=

2. If on livecoin will be the same volume and liquidity as at Bittrex, livecoin quickly remove DMD from Exchange.
on Bittrex average volume 0.35 btc per day. If do not raise up to 0.5 Bittrex remove also.

bantime=3600 that 1 hour
wallet default is 24 hours
but in case u went sort on a fork with 24 hour bantime
u have no chance to sync back to correct chain in time
thats why i have in all my nodes 3600 sec

so a forked (and banned) node can after a hour get in touch with me again so i can help him find back to the right chain

also all foundation driven nodes have this setting
so most of the times wallets will find their way back on correct chain by itself because we dont ban them for 24hours

logtimestamps is a option to have timestamp in debug.log
make debug analyzing much easyer

livecoin have many low volume markets and just a handfull high volume markets
50% of their markets below 0.25 BTC daily volume
additional i didnt find any minimum volume requirements listed on their page
their barrier is listing fee of 2 BTC or place one in coin voting list
u can expect that such a listing include for sure 1 year hosting no matter of volume

and ur last question i answered already a few times in this thread

with DMD 3.0 the POS phase from 2.5 million coins towards 3.5 milliuon coins will be a curve from 25% towards 1% with the same amount of coins in the same timeframe as the original 5% stage was planned

u will find details regarding that 5% stage on 2nd posting in this thread

i like that u ask questions and participate and be active in this community

even if u like to place some negative view into the futuire and what will happen thats a legit way to ask questions

called devils advocate

if we would not find positive answers then we would not be the right people to lead DMD Diamond Foundation

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

cryptonit

logtimestamps=

legendary
we aim to get listed on livecoin too
we over 7000 votes from community and DMD Diamond Foundation together

around 3000 more are missing to be place 1 on voting list with a good chance be added soon

(as livecoin user u have 1 free vote each month above that each vote is 0.0001
this basical means 0.3 BTC shared by community are needed)

livecoin is a high volume exchange but make most of it on BTC/USD market

it have by far not as many coins listed as bittrex so a slot there make the coin more visible than here on bittrex between 200 other coins
legendary
Activity: 1057
Merit: 1009
So, is Bittrex the only exchange now for DMD Huh
there are 1 & 2 very small exchange if i remember but forget there name

btcpop.co is one of them... but is very very small... low volumes, but your coins, when are there, continue to stake and you receive staking rewards....
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
there are 1 & 2 very small exchange if i remember but forget there name
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
legendary
https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fPeals.A!cl&threatid=2147690472&enterprise=0
NOTE: On December 6, 2016, an incorrect detection for our cloud-based protection for Trojan:Win32/Peals.A!cl was identified and immediately fixed. To ensure that this issue is remediated, you can do a forced daily update to download your Microsoft antimalware and antispyware software. For details, see Updating your Microsoft antimalware and antispyware software.

many cryptocoin wallets including DMD DIamond where dedected as infected if u had a scan yesterday

solution make a definition update on windows defender today it should have already the fixed definitions

worst case u need to download the wallet again if defender did delete it
https://github.com/DMDcoin/Diamond/releases
legendary
my wallet end up in a fork for couple of days, had only 4 connection i check the my pos transaction did not show in the block explorer

i think danbi pool forked away a few days and some users who have old diamond.conf settings with his pool node as a major node

if u choose to use a diamond.conf i suggest following addnode entries

all lines with a # in front are optional settings and inactive as long as u leave the #

##################

logtimestamps=1
listen=1
noirc=1
addnode=213.136.80.93
addnode=37.187.176.193
addnode=167.114.184.20
addnode=213.136.86.202
addnode=213.136.86.205
addnode=213.136.86.207
addnode=84.39.96.180

bantime=3600
maxconnections=50

#changeaddress=youraddressforchange
# to disable PoS
#reservebalance=9999999

# for more logging
#debug=1
#printcoinage=1
#printcreation=1
#printpriority=1
#printstakemodifier=1
#printcoinstake=1
#printfee=1
#printjunk=1

############################

we will update first page of this thread to the same soon

as u can see here some wallets still not updated towards 2.1.0.4 which increase the chance they end on a fork
if u didnt do already make sure u run the actual wallet
https://github.com/DMDcoin/Diamond/releases
Diamond v2.1.0.4
DMDcoin released this on 7 Jul

legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
my wallet end up in a fork for couple of days, had only 4 connection i check the my pos transaction did not show in the block explorer
Jump to: