Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 252. (Read 1260595 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
It is not eavesdroppers I worry about, it is running stuff on my machines that I do not have the source code for.

-MarkM-

Hi. Slack  is much more convenient than IRC.
It is the history for individual custom profiles and more.
This system works directly through the browser and does not require software installation.
So I do not see any problems in comparison with the IRC, except for added convenience.

Of course there are systems where Privacy and security lies in a different plane (eg messenger Qtox) but at the moment does not make sense to organize several additional channels with the general chat.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
It is not eavesdroppers I worry about, it is running stuff on my machines that I do not have the source code for.

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
Skype I happen to know, having tried in the past, does not seem to inter-operate with anything that is free open-source; and also all the free open source videochat things I have tried I have failed to get to work.

Slack I am not familiar with at all, so I guess I can at least try to find time to check out whether it is free open source or something proprietary or even just a website like Facebook and such are.

Is there a freenode IRC channel or something like that?

-MarkM-

we had to choose a compromise that suit as many people as possible
we use slack not only for DMD Diamond Foundation chat but also for keep in touch with community
slack is not open source regarding security u can check out this https://slack.com/security

im my opinion nothing even in closed DMD Diamond Foundation chatroom is secret enought that i worry a single second about slack security

skype seems in that regard be much more critical where u can be sure that some keyword triggered reporting runs in background
but even there i dont worry
we not bandits or terrorists
we just normal dudes who are involved in blockchain technology

and last but not least im a EU citizen
US big brother watching me maybe but cant use that in any way
without show EU that he does dirty online communication screening

and EU take user privacy serious companies involved in spy EU users would face big penalties
legendary
Skype I happen to know, having tried in the past, does not seem to inter-operate with anything that is free open-source; and also all the free open source videochat things I have tried I have failed to get to work.

Slack I am not familiar with at all, so I guess I can at least try to find time to check out whether it is free open source or something proprietary or even just a website like Facebook and such are.

Is there a freenode IRC channel or something like that?

-MarkM-
legendary
money is made when blood is running on the streets

some already call this a bloody thuesday for crypto mostly because of heavy ETH suffering

but all altcoins bleed

and who have to right instinct to suck up the right blood will make big profit on such days

that one who move their value into (maybe) save BTC can reduce loss

that one who move their value in the right altcoins can create them self great gains

i can say im not in crypto to follow a save zero loss zero gains strategie
(u can do that best with money below ur mattress and generate urself stable 3% value loss a year)

im in crypto to create myself and my family a new future as early adopter in blockchain age
legendary
a few thoughts to actual altcoin market situation

i think we are in a logical extinction phase

where many coins without backbone will break and vanish from major exchanges

they might keep existing for many more years a tiny unimportant live on little exchanges but not be part of the blockchain based future

i full trust in DMD Diamond abilities come out of this in a better position than before
this mean in fact that this is a great opportunity
a personal opportunity for each one of us who was not lucky get hands on DMD below 0.20$ in 2014
and a opportunity for the coin to overcome many competitors who will break and vanish into unimportance now
this way DMD Diamond will become more visible and his resilience again proved

i know the DMD Diamond Foundation Members i know our community

i have no doubt that we all together will make sure the success story of DMD Diamond is just expanded with one more chapter

[DMD] Diamond  
A Desire, a Dream, a Vision!

DMD Diamond the Phoenix of Crypto!

legendary
first of all i hope u better now after the stroke

regarding a loss because ur wallet was some time on a fork technical thats wrong
u might lose  POS income on the wrong chain but u also got back the coin age
which mean by stake on right chain later u claimed all the coin age and suffered no loss at all
(beside minimal compound interest)

second as major stakeholder u are invited to get in direct touch with DMD Diamond Foundation via slack or skype

all DMD Diamond Foundation members are major stakeholder in DMD Diamond but with ur 100k DMD u are bigger than most of us

even if altogether the Foundation have more

we invite ya to take part

DMD Diamond Foundation is no closed entity
anyone deep involved in DMD can be part of it

slack invite u can get here https://dmdcoin.signup.team/
regarding skype send me a PM with ur skype name

a few points u stated show me u didnt have the time to indeep analyze mechanics
i happily explain ya all the things

there is no magic addresses nothing that not everyone would have the same chances to get hands on
nothing thats not written in wallet code visible for everyone

and the funding of the legendary10 auction is what drive DMD 3.0 and the prototype of our first service platform development

get in touch with us learn more about the foundation people and u will find out that this is a foundation u can build on

im happy u stepped out of the shadows

this call goes out to any DMD whale who swim out in the dark there incognito
u can be involved in the DMD Diamond Foundation get in touch with us

i would consider ~20k DMD as whale size which is above 1% of total coins
legendary
To help support DiaMonD, such as by providing marketmaking on exchanges, I have created an asset on the Horizon network.

I have created an info page about the asset at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/horizon/assets/hzdia/

-MarkM-

so u own 100000 dmd 10000 of then are trading on bittrex and the rest is staking for this 'fund'
impressive dmd investment

why this is the first time we hear from u?
if the numbers true u would be the biggest dmd owning entinity

I came out of hospital following a stroke to find that my diamonds had had the rug pulled out from under them, I really have to wonder if they are at all the long term prospect they seemed originally intended to be.

I had to re-synch my blockchain, losing thousands of diamond. Luckily it was few enough months since the blockchain fork that I recovered the losses in a month or two.

I bought in around the end of 2015 / start of 2016, doing market-making.

So yeah the numbers are legit. I'd have a lot more if Cryptsy had not vanished most of my capital.

Oh well.

I still do have some capital left friends have been bugging me for ages to make assets of some kind so they can share in trading and staking gains so here we are.

I do not know if Bitrex has a method of displaying an account's holdings so one can publicly display them? If so I could do that for you so you can see. For my staking wallet it would all be broken up into umpteen addresses and if I poured it all into one address that would cause a disruption in staking I expect.

Check out my posting history and you will see I have been around a long time. I might even have posted in this thread before, not sure, I must have read it to figure out why diamond seemed broken, but maybe I didn't need to post questions to get it working again.

Part of why I am doing this is I am also a large holder of Horizon itself, and folks seem to think having assets on the platform will help the platform and the value of its native tokens.

I am creating other assets too, see http://makemoney.knotwork.com/horizon/assets/ and of course for years now I have run Open Transactions, with lots of assets, see http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

See my thread about my Open Transactions server at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/open-transactions-server-assetbondcommoditycryptocoindeedsharestock-exch-53329

-MarkM-
legendary
To help support DiaMonD, such as by providing marketmaking on exchanges, I have created an asset on the Horizon network.

I have created an info page about the asset at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/horizon/assets/hzdia/

-MarkM-

so u own 100000 dmd 10000 of then are trading on bittrex and the rest is staking for this 'fund'
impressive dmd investment

why this is the first time we hear from u?
if the numbers true u would be the biggest dmd owning entinity
legendary

-MarkM-
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
Now I can withdraw my dmd and move them to my wallet safe and sound.

welcome as a part of our family

now start enjoy POS income!

great u solved the issues and can now full participate in DMD
and even help to stabilize and secure its network

DMD Diamond is out of the sub 1 million $ marketcap coins one with the strongest network of community nodes

DMD Diamond is "us"
and that include you you and you

Thanks for such a warm welcome. I wish all my coin investments had people as warm as you.

It feels wonderful to be here and I hope to learn a lot going forward.
legendary
let see this bittrex daytraidng as a little minigame between us
where the aim is not crazy gains but keep up trading with little gains to cover fees and a bit extra

u can also see this as a "cheap" trainingscamp if u are not experienced trader
over few months try keep and slow increase ur BTC/DMD value by daytrading
u learn a lot u can use later on on bigger markets in case u start to enjoy trading and did produce little gains

in our case where we want to increase liquidity and volume dont aim for 10% gain trades but go for more trades with less gains

its clear daytrading involve buy and sell
value can be gained in both market situations bearish and bullish

many guides online to explain the basics of trading like this
https://getpocketbook.com/blog/stock-trading-guide/

most stuff said about stock markets is the same at cryptocoin exchanges

just that crypto is faster and unregulated
that means all kind of insider tradings can happen here without any consequences
means more then everywhere else that knowledge is the most valueable currency on earth
legendary
bittrex is removing a lot low average trading volume coins (below 0.5 BTC on 14 days average)

DMD Diamond is not part of this first big wave

still to prepare for the future increase liquidity and secure our slot at bittrex

which with many coins gone make DMD much better visible as one coin who stays

i invite everyone to do a bit daytrading and create some trading volume

the goal should be stable above 0.5 BTC daily trading volume

we more around 0.3 0.4 with a few spikes each month that did create us a average above 0.5

a bit more trader activity and we should be in a more comfortable position

in case u need a trader bot if u use CAT and use me as referal i get 0.1 BTC referal and i would forward it all to u

so u get the CAT 20% cheaper

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bot-cat-cryptocurrency-automatic-trader-new-price-list-042021-507103

legendary
BusyBeee

I agree that liquidity is currently very low. Sad

Yeah, DMD Foundation should focus on increasing the liquidity of Diamond coin.
We all want to see DMD increases in value, and the best way to do that is to increase the liquidity - more buy/sell supply with drive the market, increasing the value and popularity of DMD. 

IIRC, DMD 3.0 will change the POW algorithm to something else other than groestl.  I would suggest leaving the algo alone and focus on POS and increasing the security and liquidity of Diamond coin.  That's just my 2 cents on DMD 3.0

since X11 ASICS did free many FPGA mining rigs (because they cant any longer miner x11 profitable)
they seeking for new places to mine it seems some are targeting DMDs groestl algo
a logical choice because to be able mine x11 that fpga where able already mine groestl algo

with a few modification they can mine pure groestl coins and be used on DMD

thats a reason why the groestl algo for sure will not be part of DMD 3.0

because mining as we see it is a added security feature for hybrid security
and as a sideffect should give many people a chance get first hands on some DMD
if 75% of mining is done by FPGAs in some chinese mining centers
then this do us nothing good

they dont gather DMD they instant sell it

the mining in DMD 3.0 will give CPU and GPU users the ability to get rewarded for provide DMD 3.0 the added hybrid security
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
BusyBeee

Yeah, DMD Foundation should focus on increasing the liquidity of Diamond coin.
We all want to see DMD increases in value, and the best way to do that is to increase the liquidity - more buy/sell supply with drive the market, increasing the value and popularity of DMD. 

IIRC, DMD 3.0 will change the POW algorithm to something else other than groestl.  I would suggest leaving the algo alone and focus on POS and increasing the security and liquidity of Diamond coin.  That's just my 2 cents on DMD 3.0
legendary
Now I can withdraw my dmd and move them to my wallet safe and sound.

welcome as a part of our family

now start enjoy POS income!

great u solved the issues and can now full participate in DMD
and even help to stabilize and secure its network

DMD Diamond is out of the sub 1 million $ marketcap coins one with the strongest network of community nodes

DMD Diamond is "us"
and that include you you and you

Activity: 222
Merit: 100
MY WALLET WONT SYNC.

Says 0 connections and does nothing. What is wrong?

download wallet https://github.com/DMDcoin/Diamond/releases

+

DMD FAQ https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diamond-dmd-faq-1478653

in case after read that and installed 2104 wallet

and did the suggested possible solutions from FAQ

and still have unsolved issues

give us more specific info about it

so we can try improve the FAQ thread with additional answers and get u a solution

chances are high the solution is already written there

very high

Fixed and working. Thanks cryptonit. Now I can withdraw my dmd and move them to my wallet safe and sound.
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
At the moment, Crypto Books is currently working on the title "Anoncoin - History of the First Year".  Once this book has been published (before this Christmas), work will resume on a book about Diamond.  Some of you may know that progress was made this summer to research and collate as much historical information about Diamond as possible.  We never leave a book unfinished.

Due to the slim history of the first year, the book for Diamond will cover a historical narrative of its humble beginnings in July 2013 to a certain day in 2017 (to be determined).  It will be the first extended history book of the "Alt-ernative" Book Series.  What follows is the rough timeline of events which were researched this summer:

13th July      -   Block number one timestamped to the DMD blockchain at 06:22:11 UTC.
13th July      -   Initial DMD Bitcointalk forum thread created at 23:48:18 UTC by user "JohnLuc".
15th July      -   First known specific DMD mining pool launched at http://diamondcoin.miningpool.co by user "ethought"
23rd July      -   Coins-e was the first cryptocurrency exchange to initiate trades of DMD and BTC.
26th July      -   Second exchange called Cryptsy activated direct DMD to BTC trading.
28th July      -   Version 1.1 wallet client released.
30th July      -   Three mining pools existed which specifically supported DMD.

10th August  -   Calls were made for an official DMD Developement Team Takeover.
19th August  -   A 75 DMD bounty (6 days later 100 DMD) was put up by user "Hippie Tech" to encourage the creation of the first DMD block explorer.
25th August  -   Updated wallet client version 1.0.0.0-pd-1 released.

17th September  -   difficulty of the network protocol skyrocketed!

SEPT-OCT     -   There was little development of DMD during this period.  User "JohnLuc" had become absent.

13th November   -   First post by user "zuper" submitted on the initial DMD Bitcointalk forum thread.
24th November   -   Developers were sought after by user "zuper" in order to help update the wallet client software.

1st December    -    Brand new version 1.1 wallet client released.
1st December    -    Enthusiasm evident that the community back as being active.
4th December    -    An updated wallet client announced as being in progress.
9th December    -    DMD subjected to a 51% attack
10th December   -   Both Cryptsy and Coins-e suspended trading of DMD.
10th December   -   Calls were made for a decent lead developer to take DMD forward.
13th December   -   First DMD block explorer created by user "Tripmode" at http://diamondblocks.info.
16th December   -   Version 1.0.2 wallet client released.
16th December   -   Cryptsy resumed trading of DMD.
16th December   -   Official takeover of DMD announced and the second DMD Bitcointalk thread created.
16th December   -   New revamped official DMD website went live.
19th December   -   DMD added to www.coinmarketcap.com.
30th December   -   First post by user "cryptonit" submitted on the second DMD Bitcointalk forum thread.

1st January   -   A new layout/format of http://diamondblocks.info thanks to user "Zaak".
6th January   -   Official DMD subreddit created at www/reddit/com/r/dmd thanks to user "captchunk".
7th January   -    First post by user "popshot" submitted on the second DMD Bitcointalk forum thread.
9th January   -    User "zuper" outlined the next steps of planned DMD development.
11th January  -   Official DMD Facebook page founded.
23rd January  -   Official DMD Twitter account created.
27th January  -   Official DMD forum went live at http://dmdcoin.net/forum.

18th February   -   User "popshot" clarified the status of future DMD developments.
18th February   -   Version 1.0.3 wallet client released.
18th February   -   Initiation of voting to get DMD on www.coinpayments.net began.
23rd February   -   First DMD Coin Raffle began.

1st March      -   DMD added to the payment processor site called www.coinpayments.net.
14th March    -   Version 1.0.4 wallet client released.

(APRIL 2014 TO FOLLOW SOON...)

Please could the Diamond Community get behind the book project.

Please help fund this project by donating to:

BTC: 1HcuwgjGbhsKHD7y4x1zbrK6Q7iGzvRpoS
DMD: dadtxqRJthbfwpYdu1Hd4EvLRfbhXvDTFr
Activity: 505
Merit: 500
BusyBeee

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
I buy utaho coins  Cool
DMD community need some type conditions how interested big whale don't sell coins
I tell about big whale 30k(50k)-60k(100k)
Lock deposit in 1year time - 2x stake

buy and sell is part of the game
double stakerate for bind coins 12 months is total out of scope of coin rollout plan

DMD 3.0 will have a small incentive for active wallets vs wallets that go just rare in minting mode

but we might have a look into a timedeposits that can give u close to 24/7 active node rewards if u bind coins

technical this kind of technology is existing and used at a few coins

but its important to look on the possible effects from all sides

timedeposit coins dont take part in POS and dont secure the network
its a way to remove coins from circulation for a time and rewards them

we add it to our possible feature lists

Time deposit will reduce the liquidity of Diamond coin.  DMD's buy and sell supply is already very low. Enabling time deposit will further limit the available supply.  In time, it will affect the price and drive away buyers/sellers/supporters.
Jump to: