Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 336. (Read 1260624 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
Has anyone ever had a DMD withdrawal from BitTrex which took more than a few minutes to hit the wallet after confirming by email? I have a withdraw request which has processed 20 minutes ago but I'm still not seeing it on the Explorer or my wallet. Is this kind of delay normal?

Update: So as soon as I post this, the tx shows up Smiley Never mind...

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Well I for one have a good source of BTC income for now so I am buying DMD when the price is right Smiley
Making ~0.02 BTC per day mining ETH and selling it Smiley

Lucky you, you can mine ETH...
I mine Decred but it takes ~ 3 days to make ~0,03 BTC. I also sell it for DMD Smiley
Try this http://cryptomining-blog.com/7590-new-sgminer-5-3-1-amd-nvidia-fork-from-tpruvot-for-decred for decred.

Be careful about getting miners from that website. This is how one of our community members got hacked and lost a lot of coins. 
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Well I for one have a good source of BTC income for now so I am buying DMD when the price is right Smiley

I mine Decred but it takes ~ 3 days to make ~0,03 BTC. I also sell it for DMD Smiley
Try this http://cryptomining-blog.com/7590-new-sgminer-5-3-1-amd-nvidia-fork-from-tpruvot-for-decred for decred.
Activity: 729
Merit: 513

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
So glad to see DMD s been so stable, price rise, especially now when most of other PoS coins have been hit big time. Great community, thank you.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
Get atleast a Pi3 its 4x1200mhz 1GB Ram.
Costs somewhere arround 35 Euros

i run a PI2 which is quadcore 900 mhz and 1gbram too
but the verify blocks is single threaded so amount of cores doesnt matter

but the multiple cores allow run easy a second staking wallet on same PI2

if u add a 3rd it starts using swap which i want to avoid
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
my sync test from zero still not complete
its not the fastest Wink
I'm not sure about SD but most flash drives are much slower at write than read ...
Doubt it's a network problem.

never said its a network problem
a normal PC also need like 3 - 4 days to sync from zero

and raspberry CPU is much slower so if then this is the bottleneck

for normal 24/7 no issue just 1 block every 52 sec

but sync 1.5 million blocks at single core 900mhz arm CPU need some time

sync not only mean download the blocks it means also verify the blocks are valid

download and write is sure no bottleneck

no normal drive or network cant be so slow to not able download and write 700 MB data in 3 days

Problems with QT? hope I don't run into same thing on ubuntu Sad

as i said its about language/keyboard recognizion inside the QT wallet for example german keymapping detect wrong keys pressed inside the QT wallet

u as default english language and keyboard user will have no issues i guess

Runnin an os and a staking wallet on an old raspberry pi single core with 512mb 900mhz is indeed a pain in the O/S.

Smiley

Get atleast a Pi3 its 4x1200mhz 1GB Ram.
Costs somewhere arround 35 Euros
legendary
its not the fastest Wink
I'm not sure about SD but most flash drives are much slower at write than read ...

never said its a network problem
a normal PC also need like 3 - 4 days to sync from zero

and raspberry CPU is much slower so if then this is the bottleneck

for normal 24/7 no issue just 1 block every 52 sec

but sync 1.5 million blocks at single core 900mhz arm CPU need some time

sync not only mean download the blocks it means also verify the blocks are valid

download and write is sure no bottleneck

no normal drive or network cant be so slow to not able download and write 700 MB data in 3 days

as i said its about language/keyboard recognizion inside the QT wallet for example german keymapping detect wrong keys pressed inside the QT wallet

u as default english language and keyboard user will have no issues i guess
my testing of rokos wallet show until yet troubles inside QT wallet gui and non english keyboards
that is reported to rokos devs and they have a look on it seems to be a issue with raspberry and QT language

its not the fastest Wink

i give update when sync finished

Activity: 438
Merit: 250
legendary
my testing of rokos wallet show until yet troubles inside QT wallet gui and non english keyboards
that is reported to rokos devs and they have a look on it seems to be a issue with raspberry and QT language

its not the fastest Wink

i give update when sync finished
legendary
I have a suggestion for the wallet, might be easy IDK and make things easier for newbs Smiley
When a brand new wallet.dat/diamond.conf is created, would it be possible to set changeaddress= to the address created?

there is no diamond.conf created
a diamond.conf is always created by user

without diamond.conf wallet run for everything the default mode

we sure wont write a changeaddress= into a diamond.conf

this is a setting that affect transactions

for such a setting user is responsible
I have a suggestion for the wallet, might be easy IDK and make things easier for newbs Smiley
When a brand new wallet.dat/diamond.conf is created, would it be possible to set changeaddress= to the address created?
legendary
who runs a 24/7 wallet with a static ip and wants to be a DMD Diamond Community node?

nothing to be earned just a addnode line in diamond.conf template
Activity: 505
cryptonit

Thank you for the clarification. this is valuable information.
legendary
but I would be afraid to keep thousands of DMD on a tablet of Chinese-made with cheap components.
what will happen if one day he simply will not turn on? make a backup of the purse every day quickly get bored.

ur coins are not on the tablet
ur coins are in  the blockchain
as long as u have the private keys of ur staking addresses
u can always access them

u dont need a backup of wallet.dat each day
the only reason why regulary wallet.dat backups make sence is because of change addresses
a old wallet.dat backup dont have new generated change addresses in it

if u use in diamond.conf the option
changeaddress=yourdesiredchangeaddress
u dont have to worry about that any longer
because no new addresses are generated each time u get change coins back

i have a digital backup of private keys and printed backup stored at different places
for me thats secure enough

if my pc explode even if my house burns down i dont lose a single coin

cryptonit

tablet is an interesting option and perhaps myself would have used it, but I would be afraid to keep thousands of DMD on a tablet of Chinese-made with cheap components.
what will happen if one day he simply will not turn on? make a backup of the purse every day quickly get bored.

LOL
Is Atom CPU even supported by DMD? Yes and No LOL.
All Atom processors implement the x86 (IA-32) instruction set; however, support for the Intel 64 instruction set was not added until the desktop Diamondville and desktop and mobile Pineview cores. The Atom N2xx and Z5xx series Atom models cannot run x86-64 code.[21] The Centerton server processors will support the Intel 64 instruction set
@cryptonit
U need to have a 32bit windows wallet also available for full ATOM support ...

Looks like I'll be going with Pi3 with ARM CPU and Rasbian (debian based) Smiley
32bit for now although Pi3 has 64bit ... http://linuxgizmos.com/raspberry-pi-3-has-a-64-bit-cpu-but-a-32-bit-raspbian-os/
Likely buy from stakebox when new wallet is released and stable ...

Hmm might consider this too: http://linuxgizmos.com/64-bit-odroid-sbc-runs-linux-on-2ghz-quad-core-cortex-a53/
Ships with Ubuntu linux pre-installed ...

Linux version of wallet easy enough to build from source Smiley

Odroid-C2 $40 http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G145457216438 out of stock Sad
Got it here, just ordered Smiley Order Total $48.70 shipped USA : http://ameridroid.com
Gotta get power supply, case and hdmi cable and 32G mmc card with linux ... ordered
Nice feature is both eMMC 5.0 and SD cards are supported, if I ever need more can just add another SD card and mount it as a sub-directory of /home ...

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=18683
http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:odroid-c2

Guess I'll be the guinea-pig on this Smiley Not the cheapest package but probably better than Pi3 and running Ubuntu ...
Should have the hardware in about a week ... when is new wallet going to be released?
Activity: 505
difference between stakebox and rokos as i see it is
rokos is free to download image with preinstalled wallet but u need to buy hardware on ur own (easy task mini comupter this days sold on lot places)
stakebox need ya to buy the hardware with preinstalled software (or is there a free img download avaiable too?)

i think each path will find its customers

rokos might be cheaper or even free if ya own hardware already like i did

stakebox is maybe easyer (i just guess i never used one myself)

but dont forget there is a 3rd path

just buy one of this cheap windows tablet that are on market now below 100€ too

and make it ur staking device

i think thats the most easy path
example a CHUWI Hi8 a sub 100$ windows table
http://techtablets.com/chuwi-hi8/review/

good enough to lay around at home and stake

cryptonit

tablet is an interesting option and perhaps myself would have used it, but I would be afraid to keep thousands of DMD on a tablet of Chinese-made with cheap components.
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
Wasn't there a plan to release complete DMD Pi box in the past?  I'd rather not buy one with a low-end SD card that I have no use for LOL.  Looks like class 10 SDHC/SDXC 64GB would be minimum.  And what happened to DiamondOS ...

@utahjohn - I recently purchased this complete Pi3 pack on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6Q2GSY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

It has a class 10 32gb chip included.  Not to bad at $80 - it is a complete kit to get you started.
Jump to: