Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 86. (Read 1260595 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I would love to see more elaboration on plans to build an ecosystem around DMD Diamond. This coin is phenomenal as a stand alone coin. The fact that there are plans to build more of an ecosystem around it make it that much more exciting. Are the specifics in the white paper? Or can they be posted here?

not yet

2017 blockchain
2018 platform
2019 services and apps

thats the roadmap
go into more details yet to explain stuff that will release 2019
and might change and improve in the timeframe until release make no sense

i dont want to overpromote or underestimate what we able to deliver

so more details need to wait until we have a clear picture what abilities we will be able pack into our solutions

i think the most important info is we dont stop develop in the DMD ecosystem

Agreed! That sounds really tempting. As wiser said already, the DMD is already tempting as a standalone coin, but its own ecosystem built around it will bring it to a whole other level. Im looking forward to the further development, this will be great! All the best from me.
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
Doge lives on as a community meme coin, not hating on doge but it shows that a community is really the backbone of a coin. You go and look
at these other masternode coins out there now and they struggle with lack of developement and a solid community foundation (some, not all).

The diamond foundation has done a great job keeping diamond scarce and promoting it as a store of value and a scarse digital asset. I think
these are the things that create this psychological feel you speak of.

Lastly just watch the order books of DMD off and on through the weeks, you will find that there is almost ALWAYS more pressure on the buy side
and sometimes hardly any DMD on the sell side. Cool
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
How can I stop receiving notifications on this thread? I have already unfollowed it.

this seems to be a questions u should send to forum admins
i cant answer this

but i have a present for u

2 min of my time to google this for u

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-unfollow-a-topic-2130549

maybe it help u
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
I like big BITS and I cannot lie.
How can I stop receiving notifications on this thread? I have already unfollowed it.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

WHY I'M HODLING DMD?

I've bought 25 Diamonds about a month ago and I plan to hodl.

I don't consider DMD to be revolutionary in any way, in contrary, from technical point of view it's rather average generic coin.

But there is something unique in Diamonds, they have this psychological feel of being valuable. They are rare precious Diamonds after all. Wink
Branding, Marketing, Community building - all the "soft fields" are what DMD are excellent at.

I consider it to be kinda the self-fulfilling prophecy. If people have this feel (that I had, and I'm not that unique I think) that Diamonds should be valuable, they WILL be valuable.
It's purely psychological trick, BUT IT WORKS!

So I'm hodling, for now they go toe-to-toe with BTC, but I prefer to hodl DMD, cause they have much lower market cap,
what gives them possibility of sudden 10x (or more) gain, which is not possible on regular BTC (it takes months or years for 10x gain).
So it's much more likely to "hit the jackpot"  with DMD.
Someone can argue it's also more risky to hodl DMD than BTC, but because of forementioned psychological effect, I don't think that is really the case.

Do you have similar views?

DMD has been very stable in terms of price which makes it overall less of a risk to hold. It tracks the price in USD, not Bitcoin, though, so sometimes its price goes down in terms of BTC if BTC has a major spike. But since I started buying DMD the overall price trend in terms of USD has been nothing but up.

It sounds realistic that the DMD value could continue to go up, so even now it would be a good coin to buy a little at a time, you know, with money that you would normally spend on coffee or cigarettes, and just keep doing that. You can keep your wallet open for minting to get a bit more, and once you reach 100 DMD you could put it up on the shared masternode that Luis here runs.
legendary
dorex i like ur view that even without any value on top just the way DMD is set up
and the team and the community and the brand
its already a viable and very attractive coin to be added to a crypto portfolio

BUT

u will be surprised when u look back 2020 to ur statement that DMD is technical and by the services and apps builded in his ecosystem nothing special

because DMD will be so much more then

still i like ur approach to not overpromote stuff that may come and instead see the good that already is
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

WHY I'M HODLING DMD?

I've bought 25 Diamonds about a month ago and I plan to hodl.

I don't consider DMD to be revolutionary in any way, in contrary, from technical point of view it's rather average generic coin.

But there is something unique in Diamonds, they have this psychological feel of being valuable. They are rare precious Diamonds after all. Wink
Branding, Marketing, Community building - all the "soft fields" are what DMD are excellent at.

I consider it to be kinda the self-fulfilling prophecy. If people have this feel (that I had, and I'm not that unique I think) that Diamonds should be valuable, they WILL be valuable.
It's purely psychological trick, BUT IT WORKS!

So I'm hodling, for now they go toe-to-toe with BTC, but I prefer to hodl DMD, cause they have much lower market cap,
what gives them possibility of sudden 10x (or more) gain, which is not possible on regular BTC (it takes months or years for 10x gain).
So it's much more likely to "hit the jackpot"  with DMD.
Someone can argue it's also more risky to hodl DMD than BTC, but because of forementioned psychological effect, I don't think that is really the case.

Do you have similar views?
legendary
where can i find current average block sizes for staking? i think iv seen link here before somewhere cant find it again i know it ended with extracton something...
My 420 block doesnt seem to get many stakes now 8 days and nothing.
Wish i had more spare BTC right to up my DMD stack Cheesy

bottom of that page u see the size of the last 1000 blockfinders

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dmd/#!extraction
legendary
Activity: 1057
Merit: 1009
where can i find current average block sizes for staking? i think iv seen link here before somewhere cant find it again i know it ended with extracton something...

Sugested coin pile was : setstakesplitthreshold 200
Activity: 157
Merit: 11
legendary
Now now, don't knock CryptoKitties! I hear it's all the rage, and slowing down the ETH network...
legendary
I would love to see more elaboration on plans to build an ecosystem around DMD Diamond. This coin is phenomenal as a stand alone coin. The fact that there are plans to build more of an ecosystem around it make it that much more exciting. Are the specifics in the white paper? Or can they be posted here?

not yet

2017 blockchain
2018 platform
2019 services and apps

thats the roadmap

so more details need to wait until we have a clear picture what abilities we will be able pack into our solutions

Thanks, that answers (at least partly) also my questions

the area we plan to have our first service be placed is the niche market around (physical (real)) unique items
and expand their abilities with a unique tradeable blockchain asset that can have additional infos attached

can be cut diamonds, jewlery, antiqities, art, collectible items, etc etc etc.......

can be used to track owner history, theft protect, add additional informations (certificates, decriptions), even up to a own blog style infopage of each item where content can be controlled only by blockchain asset owner

and a few more usecases that are so "cool" we not want to risc them be stolen by talk about it yet

if i see what digital in my opinion unique "crap" crypto kitten get of attention
i think done right make out of real unique items a "digital" thing that have lot interesting additional abilities for collectors
can be a great niche product

and we would take care this project would economic interact with DMD ecosphere
Activity: 298
Merit: 10

not yet

2017 blockchain
2018 platform
2019 services and apps

thats the roadmap

Thanks, that answers (at least partly) also my questions
legendary

not yet

2017 blockchain
2018 platform
2019 services and apps

thats the roadmap

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
Hi guys, does DMD have anything to do with real diamonds or is it only called Diamond because the coin is scarce and therefore as valuable as a diamond? Im really into precious minerals and would like to obtain some diamonds. Both would be great a real, physical diamond as well as a digital diamond. I have already been collecting precious minerals since I was a kid and got a pretty big collection so far (also some really small diamonds, but none of real value unfortunately).

DMD is a very old coin (Q2 2013)

in the early days the goal they where working on was inspired by the BTC/LTC compare themself with GOLD and SILVER

our slogan back that times was

if bitcoin is gold and litecoin is silver
then diamond is diamond

lot time did pass many coins did appear

litecoin as silver is long gone as saying

what stays is that DMD Diamond

is faster transactions then BTC
12x more tx capacity then BTC
more scarce coins then BTC
more rewarding then BTC

and a united dedicated team behind it
no forks or other bullshit

honest fair dedicated

ok, if we forget technical and blockchain thing, is it just one of xxx shitcoins --- coin just to have one more coin - no any use, no business roadmap etc. I am wrong?

Remember that crypto is still very young, not even 10 years old yet!

Diamond was created in 2013 and has been supported by a strong community over the years, this is what will keep DMD going for 5 more years and this is besides any kind
of future developement or business deals.

A crypto doesnt need a huge business deal to be successful!! Why? Because as long as people are holding/speculating/mining then the coin will live on. Diamond appeals
to crytpo investors who want to grow their wealth over time. DMD offers POS, Masternode, Shared Masternode and Cloud mining, already much more than most masternode coins.

Most newcomers are looking for the next coin to land a microsoft deal when they should really focus on the fundamentals and community surrounding a coin.

Not saying you are a newcomer, no offense meant. Good luck out there
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
You will not find people here who will shill DMD just to be able to convince more people to buy DMD. This is not that kind of community. We are not some high inflation - sell more coins and run - project. Stuff listed in our whitepaper as well as our future steps is something dev team s been discussing and implementing for the last 5 years.   

We even ask people to SELL DMD from time to time so others can enjoy benefits of DMD. We are all honest people and have been making money with DMD for a long time.

Everyone else who d like to join us is very welcome. Others, who seek alternative opportunites, best of luck to them too.

I suggest you join our Slack channel if you have not joined so far, lots of people there to discuss info, options and strategies.

Here is a link to request Slack invite should you or anyone else be interested: https://bit.diamonds/contact.php

Cheers
Activity: 298
Merit: 10
Thank you for reply. Understood that.

If anybody can add something I will be glad to read, too
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
Maybe I am asking bad language, sorry. Smiley It is profitable to mine, ok ok. same or less profitable is to mine meme or some other coins.

But why you think this coin will stay after 5y? You think it  will stay like store of value? Will it be used somewhere (where, why, fro works on it)?

Because this coin for almost 5 years.
We have a strong team and wealthy investors.
We have low inflation which will gradually decline.
But to believe in the future or not, it is everyone's business, I don't want to convince you of this  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: