Author

Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal - page 429. (Read 635454 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Would it be worth solo mining with 100khs? If so, how do i do it?

At current difficulty you'd only find 0.385 blocks per day @0.1MH/s, or an average of about 2.6 days per block. That's far too long IMHO.

My very broad rule of thumb is that if difficulty is higher than the MH/s I have available, it's better to use a pool. At difficulty = MH/s you'll find about 1.5 blocks per hour. So in your case, unless difficulty is lower than 0.1, stick with pool mining.

Thanks for the explanation Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
dope.internetarena.it

REGISTER NOW, ANOTHER CHANCE TO WIN 0% FEE FOR LIFE SOON!

LIVE SINCE LAUNCH --- PPLNS SERVER 1% FEE!

Already 10 block finders got 0% Dope fee for life!

Payout: PPLNS 1% Fee only

Server: stratum+tcp://dope.internetarena.it:3333

Support: Mail support ([email protected])

Transaction fees lowered as request by miners: 0.1 on auto withdrawal and 0.2 on manual ones.
Thank you Dopey and Mcg for your help!

Everything is working fine, join us!

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

At current difficulty you'd only find 0.385 blocks per day @0.1MH/s, or an average of about 2.6 days per block. That's far too long IMHO.

My very broad rule of thumb is that if difficulty is higher than the MH/s I have available, it's better to use a pool. At difficulty = MH/s you'll find about 1.5 blocks per hour. So in your case, unless difficulty is lower than 0.1, stick with pool mining.
Activity: 18
Are you ever going to add DOPE to the other free giveaways at http://www.qoinpro.com/491a1373a2bfdd449a46d530a7cbb5cc ?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Can't even get solo mining figured out. Am I supposed to use a specific port, or specific nodes, or what?...Set up cgminer the way I usually do that works, but it just doesn't want to work for me with this coin. Damn.

Try this http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=2091247. And use google Smiley

I managed to get it figured out with more google searches. Cheesy
Ok thanks Tweek
doit asap, hashrate heading to 0 :S

More coins for me then, let me mine by myself! Kiss

Nothing wrong with doing it solo. Smiley these are my results from 12hours of solo mining on a single R9 280x.
Really?...So if I use my 1400 KHashes for solo...
Well, these are just really lucky results. Normally you would expect 3 blocks a day. See it like pool mining, some blocks you find at 40% expected shares, and others get found at 300%. The disadvantage on a 300% block is a lot bigger when solo, but so is the advantage for the 40% block. Smiley
And if you have 1400kh/s divided over a few cards, I wouldn't do it. If you go solo mining without added software your cards would compete against eachother. I have my GTX670 setup in a pool so that they both bring income.

That would be a big no, the chances of finding a block without it being orphaned are too small even at the current difficulty of only 5-6. It's the same reason I don't have my GTX670 (250kh/s) set up for solo.
Hmm...Fair enough. I'm gonna stick to pool mining, if that's the case. Much more coin output and I ain't exactly the luckiest SoB in the world. Tongue
Activity: 36
Can't even get solo mining figured out. Am I supposed to use a specific port, or specific nodes, or what?...Set up cgminer the way I usually do that works, but it just doesn't want to work for me with this coin. Damn.

Try this http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=2091247. And use google Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
CoinTweak profitability charts

Nothing wrong with doing it solo. Smiley these are my results from 12hours of solo mining on a single R9 280x.
Well, these are just really lucky results. Normally you would expect 3 blocks a day. See it like pool mining, some blocks you find at 40% expected shares, and others get found at 300%. The disadvantage on a 300% block is a lot bigger when solo, but so is the advantage for the 40% block. Smiley
And if you have 1400kh/s divided over a few cards, I wouldn't do it. If you go solo mining without added software your cards would compete against eachother. I have my GTX670 setup in a pool so that they both bring income.

That would be a big no, the chances of finding a block without it being orphaned are too small even at the current difficulty of only 5-6. It's the same reason I don't have my GTX670 (250kh/s) set up for solo.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
The Dude Of DopeCoin
I can't download the wallet, it says there is an error Sad.

what do you have for an error?
What does the error say?
Activity: 238

Activity: 52

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
And put p2pool on 1st page

Dope p2pool: http://67.233.200.130:29420/static/index.html?Day - Very informative p2pool.

Done, ty for your support.
The new advanced security feature is going to provide a coin mixing service that will allow users to easily make money appear and disappear without a trace. Essentially providing one of the largest and most controversial industries in the world with an easy way to "clean" money.
That is both a huge con and pro at the same time. I can see this specific coin getting even more load against it from governments because it allows easy money laundering.
On the other hand, honoust people that just want to protect their privacy and make a statement will be using this coin for the exact same reason.

Either way it is a very interesting feature which I am looking for to.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 514
You bet bro, it's already been done, just waiting to hear back:)

Don't worry folks this is simply the quiet before the storm.
Jump to: