Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [DSK] DarkCash | PoW/PoS | StackHash | I2P | TOR | Markets - page 9. (Read 15560 times)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Looks interesting. Got a time-frame for the release of this bad mamma jamma?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
10 second block times? Would that not be a threat to network security?

There will be problems with latency using a 10 second block time. Lot's of forks and orphans.

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
ocminer/stoner19 will be happy to see a PoW coin hahaha Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
This project look very good, i want to mine this, i will listen to notsofast a set it up on vm.
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
10 second block times? Would that not be a threat to network security?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
This sounds like a decent experiment, and there's no ICO or premine going on.

If your windows wallet doesn't contain a RAT, trojan, or other malicious code, this could be pretty cool to mine. Just know that lately all the CPU-only mineable coins have been released for the purposes of getting infected wallets onto miners' machines with the intention of clearing out their stashes.

I will set up a VM and mine this. If anyone else decides to mine this, do so in a virtual machine or on a secure machine with no cryptocurrency wallets or browsers logged into exchanges on that machine.

I'll remove the above warning once the coin becomes a little less new and the dev's honourable intentions bear out.

That is a very good idea.
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
This sounds like a decent experiment, and there's no ICO or premine going on.

If your windows wallet doesn't contain a RAT, trojan, or other malicious code, this could be pretty cool to mine. Just know that lately all the CPU-only mineable coins have been released for the purposes of getting infected wallets onto miners' machines with the intention of clearing out their stashes.

I will set up a VM and mine this. If anyone else decides to mine this, do so in a virtual machine or on a secure machine with no cryptocurrency wallets or browsers logged into exchanges on that machine.

I'll remove the above warning once the coin becomes a little less new and the dev's honourable intentions bear out.

PLEASE NOTE:

The dev appropriated my above quote as an "endorsement" without my knowledge or permission.

Based on that dishonest act I recommend you stay the hell away from this coin.
Countdown?

PRE-ANN, after suggestions - trial and error, then I can give a difinitive date
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Isn't the name way too familiar to ShadowCash and formerly known Darkcoin?

Also don't expect much trust with brand new accounts.
DarkCash
http://www.godark.cf/

Binaries | GitHub

Compiled Daemon  

Releasing 22nd October 2015 @ 00:00:00 GMT

Specifications :

Name: DarkCash
Ticker: DSK
RPC Port: 10085
P2P Port: 10058