Author

Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities! - page 118. (Read 145658 times)

copper member
Activity: 474
Merit: 21
When coins will be trading at exchanges? You will distribute ERC tokens at first or investors must wait native coins and your own blockchain?

The exact listing date has not been announced. All of the tokens will be subject to Second-By-Second vesting. We will release the ERC20 equivalent token to the market first.
Activity: 840
Merit: 10
ZooomEx- a new cryptocurrency exchange!
When coins will be trading at exchanges? You will distribute ERC tokens at first or investors must wait native coins and your own blockchain?
Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

The investment barrier up until this point guaranteed we are talking to professional investors with reach in the industry and specific added value. This guaranteed that the time of the team was spent efficiently.

Good to hear this. I guess the investors will remain a secret for the moment.

Can you disclose any information about the money invested so far?
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
Yes pool was a good way to invest in private sale during ico bull run, now I think there is less pool working cause the ico market is really hard. To invest in dusk I think people can also wait directly the token on exchanges.

The sales will be continued in the exchanges, this leaves hope that the project has its value recognized, and continue to sell chips even in other phases, I prefer to hold them until at least your script is complete, as I think the currency will go far

agreed, there will be other ways to get dusk after the sale. it'll just cost more probably.
Activity: 574
Merit: 115

wow 100 ETH that means I can't get my hands on it but I would like to contribute is there any other way?

You could always try to team up with some investment pool, but i am not sure if dusk network accept pools since some projects do not.

Good point. I think one of their additional requirements to become a DUSK investor aside from showing up with at least 100 ETH is adding value, ie. DUSK will pick whichever party offers more than just money such as a business case.
Activity: 686
Yes pool was a good way to invest in private sale during ico bull run, now I think there is less pool working cause the ico market is really hard. To invest in dusk I think people can also wait directly the token on exchanges.

The sales will be continued in the exchanges, this leaves hope that the project has its value recognized, and continue to sell chips even in other phases, I prefer to hold them until at least your script is complete, as I think the currency will go far
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
Activity: 434

Yeah, investment pool is a nice idea. But, where to find the interested parties.

I can submit an idea: to create a Fund for the organization of the pool, which conducts ICO and buys DUSK tokens in a private sale with the funds received. And then distributes these tokens between its investors in exchange for the tokens of this ICO... Cheesy
the competition is beginning to be felt, unfortunately the investment limit is very high and perhaps is only for the industry operators, creating pools of investors could be a solution to be able to invest even small investors...
Not a big deal, even the weakest ones would find their way out in order to survive. This way or another...
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605

Yeah, investment pool is a nice idea. But, where to find the interested parties.

I can submit an idea: to create a Fund for the organization of the pool, which conducts ICO and buys DUSK tokens in a private sale with the funds received. And then distributes these tokens between its investors in exchange for the tokens of this ICO... Cheesy
the competition is beginning to be felt, unfortunately the investment limit is very high and perhaps is only for the industry operators, creating pools of investors could be a solution to be able to invest even small investors...
Activity: 490
www.Zercados.com

I'm amazed that DUSK team strives to do what has not been done. In this sense, I'm also confident that they will pull this through and at the same time, am very excited to see major development milestones being realized asap.
I also like that Dusk focuses on being one step ahead of its competitors, security is the very weak point in crypto, and it needs to be improved.

Dusk is one of rare projects whose team seems to know what they are doing. I see only good things ahead of this project, especially considering they are trying to improve security and speed of data transmission.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
Activity: 476

who is trustworthy enough to do that ? especially considering how many scams that have been in the crypto space.

no human seems to be trustworthy enough but that's what smart contracts are for. But then you need to check if the contract has no backdoors.  Cheesy
copper member
STO platform is gaining some momentum but competition is rising too. DUSK needed to make some progress soon to penetrate market share. is there any updates on progress with development?

Our Devnet will launch this quarter and the cryptography module and the wallet are going to be made public quite soon.

As for the competition, most of the other projects build on top of Ethereum which offers no ledger privacy apart from zk-SNARKS (which is reliant on a trusted setup which needs to run at any configuration change). This basically forces issuers to avail of off-chain solutions which is very expensive and defeats the purpose of 1) decentralization 2) common task automation 3) streamline legal process 4) performances (as trading restriction needs to be arbitrated all the time through third party smart contracts, rather than being embedded at protocol level). So, to be able to meet the requirements of STOs, Ethereum needs third party platforms (like Polymath, Harbor, etc etc) which are basically application-level smart contracts, which resort mostly to off-chain processing, with no exception.

This is also because these platforms have absolutely no say at the protocol level and must adapt to what it is available to them. In that respect, they have a very limited control on the confidentiality level (and in fact they resort almost always to suboptimal off-chain solutions - see for example Harbor, Polymath or even Securitize) and are bound to biblical release time for anything that revolves around NFRs (Non Functional Requirements, such as, for instance, scalability, security, resource management, network configurations, SLAs, etc etc) since Ethereum must scale GLOBALLY all the propositions (meaning smart contracts or set of smart contracts)

Dusk is NOT a general purpose smart contract platform.
It is extremely focused on the use cases it intends to unlock and as a result it can be very specific in the strategies it adopts to scale and satisfy the NFRs of the use cases at hand.

It basically focuses on providing the right confidentiality in the 3 different scenario that render the platform a true network:
1 - Unidirectional atomic transfer of value (basically, payments)
2 - Bidirectional atomic exchange of value (transfer of asset ownership - securities fall in this category)
3 - Time unbound exchange of value (transmission of data stream - such as audiovisual conferencing, content streaming, etc)
Activity: 434

who is trustworthy enough to do that ? especially considering how many scams that have been in the crypto space.
copper member
The private sale is going on now. If you are interested you can email [email protected] with your desired allocation and what strategic value you bring. The minimum investment is 100 ETH. There is no crowdsale stage for Dusk.

Forwarded from Richard - Dusk Network Moderator in telegram group.

I didn't understand before there was an investment barrier that high  :. That means initially there are going to be very few holders (with vested tokens), not sure if its good or bad yet for what concern the speculation.

Maybe they don't want "Lambo boys" in but only whales/ institutional investors. While I understand that the spirit of crypto is, opportunity for everyone, I understand their decision

The investment barrier up until this point guaranteed we are talking to professional investors with reach in the industry and specific added value. This guaranteed that the time of the team was spent efficiently.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
STO platform is gaining some momentum but competition is rising too. DUSK needed to make some progress soon to penetrate market share. is there any updates on progress with development?

Activity: 770
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
The private sale is going on now. If you are interested you can email [email protected] with your desired allocation and what strategic value you bring. The minimum investment is 100 ETH. There is no crowdsale stage for Dusk.

I didn't understand before there was an investment barrier that high  :. That means initially there are going to be very few holders (with vested tokens), not sure if its good or bad yet for what concern the speculation.

Maybe they don't want "Lambo boys" in but only whales/ institutional investors. While I understand that the spirit of crypto is, opportunity for everyone, I understand their decision

But the Lambo boys are the only one who can invest now with this high minimum, I cant, because I am only a bicycle boy.  Grin  Grin
Activity: 462

That is a high investment minimun. I guess they have think about that well but it looks a bit risky to me.
Jump to: