Author

Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities! - page 136. (Read 145658 times)

copper member
Activity: 474
Merit: 21

You could use your own webspace, where you hosted your website for storing the pictures instead of unreliable image hoster.

We have been looking into this since this happened!
copper member
Activity: 474
Merit: 21

It is a common problem nowadays, especially in some cases related to the new classification policy. But I hope your site is down now is not a privacy issue, or something that goes on for a long time

It was not our website but a third party hosting site, all has been fixed!  Wink
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Apologies for the image error mess on this thread. The image hosting website is down.

You could use your own webspace, where you hosted your website for storing the pictures instead of unreliable image hoster.
Activity: 815
Merit: 502
Someone maybe reading the whitepaper is thinking that they're scammers becaus eis just full of buzzwords but it's simply not true, there are many lectures on the web about stealth addresses and ringCT, plus they just explain in details their consensus' mechanism
I think its just because the whitepaper is different from other whitepapers and there is no information about tokensale on it. But the whitepaper is written in journal format and its written properly.
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
I did a little background research on Dusk's strategic partner Kryha. Like Dusk, Kryha is also based in Amsterdam. They have connections with the local government and national companies like KLM and Randstand. Kryha has won a blockchain competition with a project that decentralizes the data of a swarm of drones. In summary, looks like a legit reputable and capable partner.

Someone maybe reading the whitepaper is thinking that they're scammers becaus eis just full of buzzwords but it's simply not true, there are many lectures on the web about stealth addresses and ringCT, plus they just explain in details their consensus' mechanism
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Apologies for the image error mess on this thread. The image hosting website is down.

No worries, that happens often in every other thread in here. Everyone being in here long enough have been used to it already Wink.
It is a common problem nowadays, especially in some cases related to the new classification policy. But I hope your site is down now is not a privacy issue, or something that goes on for a long time
yes, it is a problem quite common nowadays, i hope it is not a serious technical problem and also hope team will resolved it as soon as possible...
Those kind of problems happened from time to time to almost everyone.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
Dusk Network is a project that is developed by a serious team of masters. I will monitor the development of the project for a couple of months, and then think about cooperation, I wonder what developed countries have already joined the Dusk Network? at what stage is the project and when will the roadmap be provided. Good luck to the team! Wink

What you mean by joined countries? As i understand they based in Netherlands (as most of their team from there). And they had conferences in different countries. As for roadmap - you can look at first page here on at the website.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
Dusk Network is a project that is developed by a serious team of masters. I will monitor the development of the project for a couple of months, and then think about cooperation, I wonder what developed countries have already joined the Dusk Network? at what stage is the project and when will the roadmap be provided. Good luck to the team! Wink
Activity: 1064
Merit: 166
----

Props to you guys for that, as i was already saying im quite amazed everything is just there, explained with even pseudo code.
I don't get 100% of it, but i figure if you post something like that and doesn't make any sense you wouldn't go very far with it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 262
is it possible to explain how DUSK is going to achieve scalability issues that happening in current version of all chain? also is there any plan to create interoperability with other side chain?

I would like to know more about it and also about the transaction fees.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

Not a problem at all. Most of the images on multiple threads are not showing. Not your fault at all.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Somebody early was bringing up the matter of the tokens, is not clear indeed what is the role within the network. Can we assume is to access the services?

No one knows apparently since the whitepaper is all about technical aspects of their blockchain, an AMA session is very much needed I guess, isn't it?
[/They still didn't update the whitepaper? How are they planning to get any investors on board if potential investors don't have access to ICO details and other important information besides technical.
quote]
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
I did a little background research on Dusk's strategic partner Kryha. Like Dusk, Kryha is also based in Amsterdam. They have connections with the local government and national companies like KLM and Randstand. Kryha has won a blockchain competition with a project that decentralizes the data of a swarm of drones. In summary, looks like a legit reputable and capable partner.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605

No worries, that happens often in every other thread in here. Everyone being in here long enough have been used to it already Wink.
yes, it is a problem quite common nowadays, i hope it is not a serious technical problem and also hope team will resolved it as soon as possible...
Activity: 490
Merit: 104
I found ten minute DUSK Network review, this blogger has considered many nuances, which will help to better understand the project:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwVoodR0d1U
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
They want to issue security tokens? But for security tokens you must have a lot of licenses, and I dont think that SEC or any other government structure allow issue tokens on anonymous platform ...  Huh

This is a misconception. In democratic societies, privacy is very well accepted and even enforced at legislative levels by policy makers. An example is the GDPR. Another is the SEC enforcing secrecy to trading bodies in the stock market to prevent price manipulation. The Dusk Network provides the same level of privacy enforced by regulators. Only, it eliminates the “trusted third party” and returns the power of disclosure directly to the user.

For instance, in the case of payment, it is the responsibility of the wallet holder to show the details of the transactions on request of the auditors (by providing a view-key). In the use case of security, compliant confidentiality is achieved with KYC built in the protocol and the use of zero knowledge accumulators to keep the whitelist confidential.

Here's an example of why STO's need privacy;
Publicly opening a position in a security, heavily manipulates the price of that security. If Blackrock wishes to open a, say, $10M long position on a tokenized stock, they would raise the price of that asset if they would do it publicly. This is why it is illegal in regulated markets to openly advertise positions and why the buy/sell wall tricks so often seen on token exchanges would lead to indictments on regulated security exchanges. This is also the reasons why financial institutions resort to let brokers open positions on different exchanges on their behalf and most often resort to darkpools to execute their purchases or sales. If you wanna get rid of the broker middlemen and cebtralization, while enjoying the same benefits of darkpools in a decentralized fashion without prohibitive mediator fees you need (regulator friendly) confidentiality.

But you will have smart contracts for creating tokens? Right? In which country your company registered and going to work?

They added smart contracts to the roadmap but you don't need them to issue new coins/tokens. People use smart contracts for tokens on ethereum because ICOs are a thing
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
They want to issue security tokens? But for security tokens you must have a lot of licenses, and I dont think that SEC or any other government structure allow issue tokens on anonymous platform ...  Huh

This is a misconception. In democratic societies, privacy is very well accepted and even enforced at legislative levels by policy makers. An example is the GDPR. Another is the SEC enforcing secrecy to trading bodies in the stock market to prevent price manipulation. The Dusk Network provides the same level of privacy enforced by regulators. Only, it eliminates the “trusted third party” and returns the power of disclosure directly to the user.

For instance, in the case of payment, it is the responsibility of the wallet holder to show the details of the transactions on request of the auditors (by providing a view-key). In the use case of security, compliant confidentiality is achieved with KYC built in the protocol and the use of zero knowledge accumulators to keep the whitelist confidential.

Publicly opening a position in a security, heavily manipulates the price of that security. If Blackrock wishes to open a, say, $10M long position on a tokenized stock, they would raise the price of that asset if they would do it publicly. This is why it is illegal in regulated markets to openly advertise positions and why the buy/sell wall tricks so often seen on token exchanges would lead to indictments on regulated security exchanges. This is also the reasons why financial institutions resort to let brokers open positions on different exchanges on their behalf and most often resort to darkpools to execute their purchases or sales. If you wanna get rid of the broker middlemen and cebtralization, while enjoying the same benefits of darkpools in a decentralized fashion without prohibitive mediator fees you need (regulator friendly) confidentiality.

But you will have smart contracts for creating tokens? Right? In which country your company registered and going to work?

Good question. These days you need to be incorporated or the authorities will knock on your door one day.

Somewhere on the website I read they are seated and registered in The Netherlands, I think it was Amsterdam.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Good question. These days you need to be incorporated or the authorities will knock on your door one day.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

Jump to: