Author

Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities! - page 138. (Read 145658 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 104
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Activity: 476
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
So many data project, I wonder what is special with this one

I don't think that there are other projects out there which aims to create an ecosystem for private security tokens like Dusk. Feel free to prove me wrong of course

Thats what I thought as well. For lack of a better analogy I was under the impression that DUSK wants to be the main STO blockchain similar to how ETH is for ICOs

I hope that not only our impression, but also the vision of the Team, conquer something like this depends on work tripled, and the Team can extend even more and have the potential for it, after all, the fruits would be wonderful, and no one should conform with places below their potential
Activity: 280
Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

I don't think that there are other projects out there which aims to create an ecosystem for private security tokens like Dusk. Feel free to prove me wrong of course

Thats what I thought as well. For lack of a better analogy I was under the impression that DUSK wants to be the main STO blockchain similar to how ETH is for ICOs
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
is STO on your platform going to be traded on other platform or DUSK is planning to add trading platform for STO some point?
Activity: 462
They want to issue security tokens? But for security tokens you must have a lot of licenses, and I dont think that SEC or any other government structure allow issue tokens on anonymous platform ...  Huh

From their FAQ section:

Is DUSK a security token?
No. DUSK is not a security because it presents a protocol-regulated inflationary mechanism and provides no profit or dividends whatsoever. It absolves the same role of Ether in the Ethereum ecosystem.

My question was in another. They will have smart contracts for creating tokens like Ethereum? But this is anonymous coin, so SEC will allow create security tokens on anonymous blockchain?

I suppose not. In general this is doubtful. On the other hand, the SEC does not have global power in the field of cryptocurrency.

They said before that they shouldn't have problems with the SEC. Don't know if the reality will be any different.

Considering how the development is going on and the fact that they are on the verge of crossing the laws, then problems can be very possible. It is enough to change a couple of paragraphs of financial regulators in the United States to close the project data and send the creators to court.
In such projects it is necessary to use legal assistance, otherwise the result will be very offensive for everyone.

So this is basically a utility token which will be used on the platform?
Or am i missing the point here?
IT's always a bit difficult to know what is being used where.
I don't have anything clear about the function of the token either. I hope someone can clarify it to us.
Activity: 182

At least we can clearly say DuskNetwork knows what is talking about and it's actually interesting reading the answers and insights of how their product is going to work.

In the case somebody has the hash of a block in hand however i don't understand what advantage would give, since the information you need is actually in the block.  Huh

If you can clarify that thank you

Hi Makkara

You can find some explanation about it in the whitepaper, chapter 3 paragraph 6 and 7.

You can find the Whitepaper here:
http://github.com/dusk-network/whitepaper/releases/download/v0.3/dusk-whitepaper.pdf

Hope this can clarify things for you. Wink
copper member
Activity: 474
Merit: 21
How many people do you think are needed to get Dusk to mainnet? Because this seems quite a large undertaking, while the tech team is not that large. In comparison Cardano has 91 contributors on their Github and their are 26 people affiliated with Input Output.

The current team will be able to deliver the mainnet in time. Quality over Quantity Wink Besides that, there will also be a public development group.

Dusk R&D
Dusk R&D is a research consortium where the primary goal is to iterate and improve on the Dusk Network white paper, and various research compendia. It will not only ensure a top notch technical system, but also the best talent in Europe working on improving Dusk Network. This research branch will feed directly into the two development teams and create a top-down adoption effect due to its academic and formalized validity.

There are three top notch research partner collaborations explored and/or confirmed and we will announce these as soon as we are able.

Dusk Core
Dusk Core is the development team directly led by Dusk’s own technical leads Emanuele Francioni, Fulvio Venturelli and others to be announced. They are responsible for the implementation of all the core aspects of the Dusk Network, such as our unique SBA* consensus mechanism, and our Secure Tunnel Switching methodology. They are complemented by our strategic partner, and award winning blockchain development team, Kryha.

Dawn Public Development
A community-driven development group. Dawn will concentrate on the user experience of Dusk Network, different language libraries, standardization, improvement proposals, Dusk wallet implementations, Dusk block explorer, and many more things. We look forward to announcing our Dawn community leads soon. They have extensive experience in blockchain and leading public development communities, and we are glad to have them onboard.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Good project to be successful
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
It seems that this project is going strong in terms of the team's capability to deliver it. By the way when are you guys plan to activate the main net? and what is the status of its development?
copper member
Anyways, they started from ETH, right? What is the point to start based on ETH and then claim for independence? It'd be better to start everything aside from others, am I right?

Thank you for your question. We have been discussing this point ourselves and there are pros and cons to both options; issue erc20 / delay.  The opportunity presented itself to work with a leading exchange and private sale contributors were vocal that they prefer to get tokens, or an erc20-voucher sooner than later. However, everyone agreed that a longer vesting schedule is preferred to reflect time till mainnet. Therefore we have decied to implement a state-of-the-art 12 month vesting system that we name; Second-by-Second (SbS) vesting.

It works as follows:
The smart contract will vest allocations second by second. What this means in practice is that,  at any point a token investor wanted to release their tokens, they can make a call on the smart contract and then will have access to the total number of tokens that will have vested at that second. For example. After the lockup, tokens will be vested over (365 days x 24 hours x 60 minutes x 60 seconds) 31,536,000 seconds. If someone wanted their tokens at the 1,234 second of the 12 month period, and they had purchased 31,536,000 tokens, they would receive 1,234 tokens at that point. If they did it at 6 months, they would receive half. If they did it at 1 day, 10 days, 57 days, and then every 3 weeks; they would receive the relevant whole tokens (rounded down) at each specific second.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Good project to be successful
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
They want to issue security tokens? But for security tokens you must have a lot of licenses, and I dont think that SEC or any other government structure allow issue tokens on anonymous platform ...  Huh

From their FAQ section:

No. DUSK is not a security because it presents a protocol-regulated inflationary mechanism and provides no profit or dividends whatsoever. It absolves the same role of Ether in the Ethereum ecosystem.

My question was in another. They will have smart contracts for creating tokens like Ethereum? But this is anonymous coin, so SEC will allow create security tokens on anonymous blockchain?

I suppose not. In general this is doubtful. On the other hand, the SEC does not have global power in the field of cryptocurrency.

They said before that they shouldn't have problems with the SEC. Don't know if the reality will be any different.

Considering how the development is going on and the fact that they are on the verge of crossing the laws, then problems can be very possible. It is enough to change a couple of paragraphs of financial regulators in the United States to close the project data and send the creators to court.
In such projects it is necessary to use legal assistance, otherwise the result will be very offensive for everyone.

So this is basically a utility token which will be used on the platform?
Or am i missing the point here?
IT's always a bit difficult to know what is being used where.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
They want to issue security tokens? But for security tokens you must have a lot of licenses, and I dont think that SEC or any other government structure allow issue tokens on anonymous platform ...  Huh

From their FAQ section:

copper member

This is a misconception. In democratic societies, privacy is very well accepted and even enforced at legislative levels by policy makers. An example is the GDPR. Another is the SEC enforcing secrecy to trading bodies in the stock market to prevent price manipulation. The Dusk Network provides the same level of privacy enforced by regulators. Only, it eliminates the “trusted third party” and returns the power of disclosure directly to the user.

For instance, in the case of payment, it is the responsibility of the wallet holder to show the details of the transactions on request of the auditors (by providing a view-key). In the use case of security, compliant confidentiality is achieved with KYC built in the protocol and the use of zero knowledge accumulators to keep the whitelist confidential.

Here's an example of why STO's need privacy;
Publicly opening a position in a security, heavily manipulates the price of that security. If Blackrock wishes to open a, say, $10M long position on a tokenized stock, they would raise the price of that asset if they would do it publicly. This is why it is illegal in regulated markets to openly advertise positions and why the buy/sell wall tricks so often seen on token exchanges would lead to indictments on regulated security exchanges. This is also the reasons why financial institutions resort to let brokers open positions on different exchanges on their behalf and most often resort to darkpools to execute their purchases or sales. If you wanna get rid of the broker middlemen and cebtralization, while enjoying the same benefits of darkpools in a decentralized fashion without prohibitive mediator fees you need (regulator friendly) confidentiality.
copper member

Dusk is unique because our Dusk blockchain basically focuses on providing the right confidentiality in the 3 different scenario that render the platform a true network:

1 - Unidirectional atomic transfer of value (basically, payments)
2 - Bidirectional atomic exchange of value (transfer of asset ownership - securities fall in this category)
3 - Time unbound exchange of value (transmission of data stream - such as audiovisual conferencing, content streaming, etc)

copper member

At least we can clearly say DuskNetwork knows what is talking about and it's actually interesting reading the answers and insights of how their product is going to work.

In the case somebody has the hash of a block in hand however i don't understand what advantage would give, since the information you need is actually in the block.  Huh

If you can clarify that thank you

Could you maybe rephrase your question, I am not sure what you mean  Wink
Activity: 658
Merit: 102

From their FAQ section:

Jump to: