Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 21. (Read 259347 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
October 27, 2017, 10:23:52 AM

Another useless update, the 3rd website change but NO development on the items from the ROADMAP. You do understand that people want to see the items from the ROADMAP that where planned for JUNE 2017.

It really starts to look like that you can't keep your promises and maybe even that you can't really code at all, at least NOTHING original has come from your hands in those years that you claim to be coding SHITCOINS.

Really? The new roadmap will come with the new website. If you don't happy, you can sell this "SHITCOIN" as you said.

New ROADMAP? Are the items on the OLD roadmap done? I don't think so....just promises that never where developed. NOW a new ROADMAP with new promises that won't become reality, that qualifies for SCAM so calling it a SHITCOIN is really a compliment.

sure ive worked on a few coins. but havent tried to invent much because people usually ask me to implement features they have seen in other coins and want in theirs. i did invent the dual address system with the sha512 hash op code (which was bugged and later someone pointed out why what i did worked but had a good sized security flaw in it)

we have some new features that will demo very soon. within a few weeks. it is actually very clear that code is continuously being produced if uve looked at any of the githubs ever.

although yes. original roadmap was wayy off on times to completion. and file storage wont even be the first feature to come out because it relies on 3 new additions to the chain and some of the other things require only 1 or 2 of those 3 new things. so it makes more sense to implement and test those new features that require less changes to make sure that the code works for those that require more changes.

going to update the roadmap to more accurately fit the development timeline. we have been and will continue to stick to an update the first week of every month and progress will move quite along.
Activity: 74
Merit: 15
October 27, 2017, 09:11:13 AM

Another useless update, the 3rd website change but NO development on the items from the ROADMAP. You do understand that people want to see the items from the ROADMAP that where planned for JUNE 2017.

It really starts to look like that you can't keep your promises and maybe even that you can't really code at all, at least NOTHING original has come from your hands in those years that you claim to be coding SHITCOINS.

Really? The new roadmap will come with the new website. If you don't happy, you can sell this "SHITCOIN" as you said.

New ROADMAP? Are the items on the OLD roadmap done? I don't think so....just promises that never where developed. NOW a new ROADMAP with new promises that won't become reality, that qualifies for SCAM so calling it a SHITCOIN is really a compliment.

Useless update?
Do you have a minimum idea of what what been done, and the effort needed (by an unpaid group of people) to make this happen? I don't think so...
So my best recommendation would be "if you cannot add anything positive, better remain silent"
I would like also that things were done faster, but we must be realistic... It takes time to good stuff be done. Even more if you don't have millions raised from some ico and a big team of well paid coders.
With time, everything will be done for sure.
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
October 27, 2017, 08:47:59 AM

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 27, 2017, 07:21:13 AM

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
October 27, 2017, 05:55:50 AM
Hodlers of ECC and everyone else in the community,

It is no secret that there have been some issues with the coin over the last few months. The coin is now stable and can continue to move forward with both developments and coin awareness. Moving more into the public eye has caused a need to expand the team to include designers and marketing along with our current developers. The development team remains the same but will be working closely with designers and marketing from the community to help make this coin a success. In the days to come a complete rebranding is the first thing on the to do list. We have updated the landing page of the ecc website with a glimpse of what the new revisions will look like.

In addition, we will be dropping the name E-Currency Coin and will be calling both the coin and the project ECC. The ticker symbol “ECC” will not change. These changes reflect that ECC will be moving beyond being just another altcoin coin with the coming implementation of Service Networks as outlined in ECC’s whitepaper. These Service Networks will help us to implement Distributed Network Services in the future and more details will be published as development continues. The designers will be giving extra attention to GUI user friendliness and marketing will be focusing on getting the word about ECC to as many people as possible.

There was also a revision to the development/release schedule for the GUI and daemon aspects of the project towards the end of September. The development team plans to release larger updates to both the GUI and the daemon during the first week of every month. Emergency patches or updates might come out during the middle of the month, but this won’t be a common occurrence. All updates will be optional unless specifically stated otherwise. Not every month will have an update. If the development team is working on a larger update the gui or daemon or both might skip a scheduled update for that month and an announcement will be made with the appropriate information.

Griffith

Thanks for the update. If its worth doing, its worth doing well.

These things take time, and most of the community is patient. Don't be too concerned about the odd critic.
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
October 27, 2017, 05:40:44 AM

It is no secret that there have been some issues with the coin over the last few months. The coin is now stable and can continue to move forward with both developments and coin awareness. Moving more into the public eye has caused a need to expand the team to include designers and marketing along with our current developers. The development team remains the same but will be working closely with designers and marketing from the community to help make this coin a success. In the days to come a complete rebranding is the first thing on the to do list. We have updated the landing page of the ecc website with a glimpse of what the new revisions will look like.

In addition, we will be dropping the name E-Currency Coin and will be calling both the coin and the project ECC. The ticker symbol “ECC” will not change. These changes reflect that ECC will be moving beyond being just another altcoin coin with the coming implementation of Service Networks as outlined in ECC’s whitepaper. These Service Networks will help us to implement Distributed Network Services in the future and more details will be published as development continues. The designers will be giving extra attention to GUI user friendliness and marketing will be focusing on getting the word about ECC to as many people as possible.

There was also a revision to the development/release schedule for the GUI and daemon aspects of the project towards the end of September. The development team plans to release larger updates to both the GUI and the daemon during the first week of every month. Emergency patches or updates might come out during the middle of the month, but this won’t be a common occurrence. All updates will be optional unless specifically stated otherwise. Not every month will have an update. If the development team is working on a larger update the gui or daemon or both might skip a scheduled update for that month and an announcement will be made with the appropriate information.

Griffith

legendary
October 26, 2017, 04:53:40 PM

Griffith
Activity: 13
October 26, 2017, 01:36:54 PM
The new GUI won't start the Daemon. After downloading ( the correct) version and double-checking that nothing is blocking the app, it will not fire up.
I have the same issue. Any solutions?

sometimes when windows downloads the file, people have found that the exe itself is set to blocked. so you have to rightclick on the daemon > properties > and check unblock.

location is: C:/users/[your user name]/.eccoin-daemon

we are going to change that location to

C:/Program Files/Lynx  in the future (which should be fine since bitcoin also installs to the program files folder)

with the next update.
Unfortunately, it is not the case. The daemon starts and closes within a second after launch anyway on both of mine PCs (Windows 7 SP1). I tried to run it as administrator, also in compatibility modes - no luck.

Could you try to take out your wallet.dat and save it somewhere safe.
Delete your debug.log.
Start the Application with the Start button.

If it closes.....then send me the last 20 messages from the debug.log in a PM....then I will help you out.

I finally managed to run it by deleting all ECCoin folders and reinstalling Lynx client. Syncing now, slowly, but syncing.

Would be nice to have an opportunity to change data folder (c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\eccoin\ by default) and also a client available in zip archive, not just installer (I prefer to keep wallets on another drive, not on C:\).

if you set datadir=[path] in your eccoin.conf you can change the folder that is used for the chain and wallet and such

Hey guys i also got a probelm with running the wallet... I bought a new notebook just for trading. On my old one using the wallet was no Probelm but now i alway get an error when i want to look at the dashboard or send/recieve. . It says "error loading Information" my deamon is running and unblocked. I hope you can help me out
Activity: 56
October 26, 2017, 04:08:11 AM
i think with this command in your eccoin.conf upgradewallet=1 it will be ok
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1003
Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014
October 25, 2017, 01:10:26 PM
Wallet finally synced, another problem now - it cannot read wallet.dat from the old client. Where can I find old Qt so I could export private keys and import them into a new wallet?
legendary
October 23, 2017, 07:28:28 PM
How big is the team? 1 man operation?

We have about 10 people on the team right now. 4 of them are coders
Activity: 8
October 23, 2017, 05:41:32 PM
How big is the team? 1 man operation?
legendary
October 22, 2017, 03:50:16 PM
The new GUI won't start the Daemon. After downloading ( the correct) version and double-checking that nothing is blocking the app, it will not fire up.

sometimes when windows downloads the file, people have found that the exe itself is set to blocked. so you have to rightclick on the daemon > properties > and check unblock.

C:/Program Files/Lynx  in the future (which should be fine since bitcoin also installs to the program files folder)

with the next update.
Unfortunately, it is not the case. The daemon starts and closes within a second after launch anyway on both of mine PCs (Windows 7 SP1). I tried to run it as administrator, also in compatibility modes - no luck.

Delete your debug.log.

If it closes.....then send me the last 20 messages from the debug.log in a PM....then I will help you out.

I finally managed to run it by deleting all ECCoin folders and reinstalling Lynx client. Syncing now, slowly, but syncing.

Would be nice to have an opportunity to change data folder (c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\eccoin\ by default) and also a client available in zip archive, not just installer (I prefer to keep wallets on another drive, not on C:\).

if you set datadir=[path] in your eccoin.conf you can change the folder that is used for the chain and wallet and such
legendary
October 22, 2017, 03:23:33 PM

with the next update.

Delete your debug.log.

legendary
Activity: 1076
October 22, 2017, 09:57:32 AM

with the next update.

Delete your debug.log.

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
October 22, 2017, 06:13:13 AM

with the next update.

I have exactly the same issue. Have not been able to sync. I have given up on it for now.
legendary
October 22, 2017, 05:47:39 AM

with the next update.
legendary
October 21, 2017, 08:59:57 PM

C:/Program Files/Lynx  in the future (which should be fine since bitcoin also installs to the program files folder)

with the next update.
legendary
October 21, 2017, 03:23:23 PM
Activity: 47
October 21, 2017, 10:19:23 AM
Sync is a really headache but the most important now are more exchanges
Pages:
Jump to: