Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 24. (Read 259347 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
October 05, 2017, 10:07:24 AM
I installed the new wallet, sync it, copied my old wallet.dat to the usual place, but i have zero on balance. what shall i do?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
October 04, 2017, 10:51:27 PM
due to an excessively large number of bots joining the slack and posting phishing links. i have been forced to disable the join link. instead you will have to post here or PM a current member of the slack to be invited. sorry about that. its a shame that someone ruined that for everyone else
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Professional Crypto Trader & Promoter of Bounty
October 03, 2017, 09:38:25 PM
Hi Everyone

Alright guys, there have been a lot of questions about this recently, so next time someone asks you can just refer them to this post.

Question being asked: i send coins and now the BE shows a different amount than my wallet for my address, what happened?

Answer: A wallet is different than an address. Your wallet (wallet.dat file) can hold millions of addresses if you so choose to make that many.

So whats happening with the coins?

Well, say you have 150 coins in address AAAA for example. Those 150 coins are from inputs 1111 (75 coins) and 2222 (75 coins). Now you want to send 100 coins to your friend with address BBBB. You need to spend an input (turn it into an ouput) so that your friend can claim the output and receive the coins. But you dont have an input with 100 coins, you have 2 inputs with 75 coins.

So what now?

The wallet will mark both inputs as spent. and creates 2 new outputs. ouput 3333 is 100 coins going to address BBBB that your friend can claim. now he has 100 coins. the other output 4444 with the 50 coins go to what is called a "Change Address" in this case address AAAB. now you own AAAB. but it is not the original address AAAA you spent the coins from. This is because the wallet generated a new key to send the coins to so it didnt send it back to the address they were sent from. This was intentional in the design of bitcoin and has been a part of it for a while. There is a security reason for this feature (but i forget exactly what it is).  and this also means that if you send coins and generate a new change address, you will need to back up your wallet.dat again because the old wallet.dat backup does not have those new keys generated for the change address in them. this is why frequent wallet.dat backups are important.

I have been considering adding the option to send change back to the original address it was spent from instead of generating a new one. but as of right now it isnt implemented. i know it isnt the best for usability which is something we need to work on in crypto. Until it is added as a feature, please keep in mind that this happens.

-Griffith
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
October 03, 2017, 06:57:00 PM
Buy More ECC today ECC only 2 Satoshi & Hold ....
Don't Miss Buy Fast ......

Maybe buy at 1 satoshi, in a few more weeks !
October 03, 2017, 06:54:12 PM
Dev Announcement

Gui and Daemon update planned to be released within the next 3 days. Both are optional updates. daemon is highly recommended update. no resync required this time

-Griffith
Activity: 5
October 03, 2017, 04:30:38 PM
CE reopened its ECC wallet this morning
good news ! when is it going to be added to other exchange ?
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Hello, i'm Nixeus :)
October 03, 2017, 04:16:19 PM
Hello Guys,

I'm an ECC Supporter, nevertheless i'm a little worry about a few things.

This coin is developping since 2014 and is still very low.

- The team appear to be very very little no ? ( How many devs and other persons are working on the project ?).
- Do you think ecc payments has a real "futur" since there is other currencies like Dash, Ltc, Xmr, DGB ?
- Do you plan to reach big companies / investors in order to use ECC ?
- Do you plan tu make any rebranding ? Yeah, a rebranding can help a lot...and i'm afraid ECC ( E-Currency coin) sounds too geekly....It has been proven than a "cool name" is very important...

Please don't read my message as bad, i have 800 000 ECC and plan to hold it 2-3 years but i'm a little afraid about this coin/ambition...i'm afraid it will be only a coin for a few geek Sad

What are your ambitions with this coin ?

Thanks a lot Smiley

Nix'

* The coin was left to die by the original developer until the current Dev took it over.

* There are multiple developers working on the coin at the present time.

* There are many other features besides payments, that's actually going to be a small part of the project.

* Marketing will begin after the coding is done and the features have been released.

* Rebranding is not likely but, you are welcome to make suggestions.

Please join our SLACK channel for up to the minute information where you can talk with development team directly at:

https://join.slack.com/t/cryptounited-public/shared_invite/MjM3MjM5NjY1MTA2LTE1MDQ3MzA0NDYtNWE1NmE0OWNmYw

Thanks a lot for the answer.
I'm already on the Slack Wink And i really hope your project will be a success !
Saddly i miss the POS Sad Sad

Waiting for a big pump !
By the way, you really should work on a rebranding on the futur...because ECC ( E-Currency Coin sounds too geekly ! It's not a good name as marketing ! A simple name like "Neo" is smart for example Wink ).
October 03, 2017, 12:22:32 PM
Buy More ECC today ECC only 2 Satoshi & Hold ....
Don't Miss Buy Fast ......
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
October 03, 2017, 01:56:33 AM
Maybe you have a problem with bold and oversized letters, too...
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 02, 2017, 08:13:05 PM

I have download the latest wallet   ,Why not to sync?  Windows32  (in Windows32 system)   and Windows64   (in Windows64 system)   
legendary
October 02, 2017, 09:54:44 AM
Activity: 230
October 02, 2017, 03:06:59 AM
Hi
how i mining ecc
which pool??
and which soft
thanks a lot
POW is over, now you cannot mine this coin. Only way you can get this coin is buy it on exchange Smiley
Activity: 252
September 29, 2017, 02:23:52 PM
Hi
how i mining ecc
which pool??
and which soft
thanks a lot
legendary
September 28, 2017, 10:13:31 AM
staking rewards are over. you will only get fees from transactions now. we hit the 25 billion coin limit

Hmm,
Would suggest you double check on that ,
coins based on peercoin's original design normally destroy the transaction fees by default.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ecc/block.dws?1518572.htm
Destroyed   -0.00392 ECC
or
are you referring to some other fee system to be implemented at a later date?

Cool

correct... and then if u look at the very next block they staked and earned the amount of destroyed coins in the fee as a stake reward. it will never go over 25 billion coins. and any tx fees after this date are earned through staking. i didnt say it was the same block as the ones the tx's are processed in. i just said they were earned back through staking.
Activity: 224
September 28, 2017, 01:54:23 AM
staking rewards are over. you will only get fees from transactions now. we hit the 25 billion coin limit

Hmm,
Would suggest you double check on that ,
coins based on peercoin's original design normally destroy the transaction fees by default.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ecc/block.dws?1518572.htm
Destroyed   -0.00392 ECC
or
are you referring to some other fee system to be implemented at a later date?

Cool
Activity: 2
September 28, 2017, 01:20:23 AM
Is there a new location for the wallet.dat file? Is it not under %appdata% anymore?

windows: /Appdata/roaming/eccoin/
Linux: .eccoin/

So yes...the same location as always

I installed the new wallet, copied my old wallet.dat to the usual place in %appdata/roaming/eccoin%, and I have zero balance.(I have 5 million)

When I first downloaded the new wallet, the new wallet didn't have a wallet.dat file... not sure what I'm doing wrong.

You can add forceupgradewallet=1 to AppData\Roaming\ECCoin\eccoin.conf 
and than restart the daemon  (task manager -> eccoind-win64.exe
wait a moment you can see the balance
legendary
September 28, 2017, 12:48:06 AM
One small changed that has been made today, the repo for the gui has been changed, it is now under

https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/Lynx

Lynx is the new name of the gui program. its just the name, nothing else is changed with it (except for the improvements that have been asked for)

(yes Lynx like the cat)

How about new release of this GUI? Can I compile on Ubuntu and run it now?

You can compile it or download it from the website: https://www.ecc.network
Thanks for your answer, I will try to compile from source on Ubuntu.
The price still low now, I will buy more ECC to stake Smiley

September 27, 2017, 04:04:34 AM
One small changed that has been made today, the repo for the gui has been changed, it is now under

Lynx is the new name of the gui program. its just the name, nothing else is changed with it (except for the improvements that have been asked for)

(yes Lynx like the cat)

Thanks for your answer, I will try to compile from source on Ubuntu.
The price still low now, I will buy more ECC to stake Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
September 26, 2017, 07:27:34 AM

(yes Lynx like the cat)

September 26, 2017, 05:27:42 AM

(yes Lynx like the cat)

Pages:
Jump to: