Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 94. (Read 259347 times)

legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
February 07, 2016, 01:54:50 PM
Does developing three coins is a good idea? A single currency with good development would be better
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
February 07, 2016, 01:40:35 PM
Was the IRC code changed or removed between versions?

Cool

no, irc is a fallback method anyway....

Reason , I mentioned it is most windows users never set their firewall to allow the wallet software thru the firewall, so it randomly blocks it, thereby decreasing the amount of available peers. IRC code lets them bypass that issue slightly to get more peers, which is why the coins that have removed the irc code have lousy peer connections, if their firewall were not opened for that wallet ports.

FYI:
Your ECC wallets peers was only ~3 peers , until I allowed it thru the windows firewall , then that # went much higher.  Wink
Also it has a sticking issue, upon closing the wallet it stays under the process windows for quite some time before closing.
I use Task manager to close the process , if it stays active.

Cool

ok thank you, i had a feeling it was firewall stuff. will see if there is a way to fix that in code.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!
February 07, 2016, 07:36:39 AM
When you're available please take a look at this Griffith thanks.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13802621
legendary
Activity: 1092
February 05, 2016, 08:13:45 PM

Cool

Reason , I mentioned it is most windows users never set their firewall to allow the wallet software thru the firewall, so it randomly blocks it, thereby decreasing the amount of available peers. IRC code lets them bypass that issue slightly to get more peers, which is why the coins that have removed the irc code have lousy peer connections, if their firewall were not opened for that wallet ports.

FYI:
Your ECC wallets peers was only ~3 peers , until I allowed it thru the windows firewall , then that # went much higher.  Wink
Also it has a sticking issue, upon closing the wallet it stays under the process windows for quite some time before closing.
I use Task manager to close the process , if it stays active.

Cool
legendary
February 05, 2016, 12:08:45 PM

Cool

February 05, 2016, 07:59:14 AM

Not bad man. We need something like that for MWC and ECC too. I think it's not a bad idea to be honest.
Anyone wants to launch a similar PR thread?

Thanks for you support!  PR is always needed!  I am just trying to spread to this knowledge to the rest of the Cryptocurrency world!
Activity: 709
Gridcoin Foundation
February 04, 2016, 09:12:30 PM

Not bad man. We need something like that for MWC and ECC too. I think it's not a bad idea to be honest.
Anyone wants to launch a similar PR thread?

legendary
Activity: 1092
February 04, 2016, 08:52:01 PM

Cool
legendary
February 04, 2016, 07:23:58 PM
possible reasons why the 4.0 wallet wont connect with as many peers as 3.1

-boost lib dep changed
-open ssl updated and a security issue causes less cons
-change with UPNP config which is a huge security issue anyway.

besides these three things there weren't any communication protocol changes / differences between the two wallets. im going to say the boost update has 0 reasons for it. the open ssl might actually leave issues open since the versions are both very old. the upnp config might have also had something to do with it. i noticed i had fixed something with it a while back but never compiled a new wallet as i didnt think it was that big of an issue. it might just be that big of an issue and i will recompile a new wallet tonight with the UPNP changes and test the config file that is posted.

if it is the UPNP config, then something needs to be addresses because someone found a larger security issue with UPNP in bitcoin a while back and those vulnerabilities might affect all of the coins here. i will be looking into the UPNP fix bitcoin did but if anyone has any additional information on that please let me know.

i will also be checking possible port collisions with popular software since i believe supercoin uses a IANA controlled registered port (will have to double check that though)
supercoins ports do not conflict with other registered port using programs, so i do not believe this is an issue
February 04, 2016, 01:59:25 PM
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84
February 04, 2016, 09:45:26 AM
Thanks for re-quoting my post.  I feel we should make a separate group with the sole focus on supporting Supercoin.   Eccoin & multiwalletcoin are not special.   Supercoin as it currently stands has very little value.  With awareness Supercoin will out value DASH with ease.  Unless you can prove to me that Dash has superior tech behind it.  I would love to see a cryptocurrency tech battle between DASH and SUPER!  This is just one way to build up attention.  More importantly if this is done through actual cryptocurrency professionals and not a typical poll aka popularity contest Supercoin actually might come out on top!  If supecoin goes up in value then more will be available to build upon it and The Trusted Cryptos Group would have even more available funds to invest in their intrading wallet & Multiwalletcoin cryptocurrency.  As long as you are holding Supercoin and it's value increase the whole community will prosper!  Understanding what "VALUE" really is will bring you closer to success!  Ethereum is rising based upon the potential of it's tech despite the haters opinions.  Even if Ethereum fails the community has made enough profit to invest in other cryptocurrencies, technologies, and software.  Remember this Jamaican saying if you don't remember anything I said "those that don't listen must feel!  

feel free to do promotions and such. coins are open source code for the reason that anyone can join in at any time. there is a lead development with a repo but it doesnt mean everything has to be done specifically by that person

Griffith related...

Rest in peace flappycoin.

Blockchain hasn't moved for 70 days.

Cry

there is actually nothing wrong with that wallet, people just didnt stake and when they did they werent connected and its a bit forked right now. can be easily reset though. the wallet itself works fine.

You guys should have kicked Griffiths butt a long time ago. He's just words (and I mean a lot of BullShit) he promise you the world and does nothing. In my eyes a typical "Cowboy" how we say that here in my country. He scammed the people from Flappycoin, StartJoin and is keeping you all on a leash.

flappy wallet works, and i didnt scam startjoin. i am still working on what i said i was working on before. it is just taking a long time since its not a full time job and i can only work in my free time. the 21 btc computer took 11 months to make. and they had a team of people.

i will add the link to fuzes thread as the supercoin PR thread in the OP

Posts like pro-investors are what happen when your not around to defend yourself. Hope everything worked out ok and glad to see you back in the saddle...
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
NYC NYC NYC
February 04, 2016, 02:33:19 AM
 Eccoin & multiwalletcoin are indeed special.

Without any major surprises Super is going to win this weeks paid voting of cryptopia....!
Activity: 159
February 03, 2016, 08:45:18 PM
Thanks for re-quoting my post.  I feel we should make a separate group with the sole focus on supporting Supercoin.   Eccoin & multiwalletcoin are not special.   Supercoin as it currently stands has very little value.  With awareness Supercoin will out value DASH with ease.  Unless you can prove to me that Dash has superior tech behind it.  I would love to see a cryptocurrency tech battle between DASH and SUPER!  This is just one way to build up attention.  More importantly if this is done through actual cryptocurrency professionals and not a typical poll aka popularity contest Supercoin actually might come out on top!  If supecoin goes up in value then more will be available to build upon it and The Trusted Cryptos Group would have even more available funds to invest in their intrading wallet & Multiwalletcoin cryptocurrency.  As long as you are holding Supercoin and it's value increase the whole community will prosper!  Understanding what "VALUE" really is will bring you closer to success!  Ethereum is rising based upon the potential of it's tech despite the haters opinions.  Even if Ethereum fails the community has made enough profit to invest in other cryptocurrencies, technologies, and software.  Remember this Jamaican saying if you don't remember anything I said "those that don't listen must feel!  

feel free to do promotions and such. coins are open source code for the reason that anyone can join in at any time. there is a lead development with a repo but it doesnt mean everything has to be done specifically by that person

Griffith related...

Cry

there is actually nothing wrong with that wallet, people just didnt stake and when they did they werent connected and its a bit forked right now. can be easily reset though. the wallet itself works fine.

You guys should have kicked Griffiths butt a long time ago. He's just words (and I mean a lot of BullShit) he promise you the world and does nothing. In my eyes a typical "Cowboy" how we say that here in my country. He scammed the people from Flappycoin, StartJoin and is keeping you all on a leash.

flappy wallet works, and i didnt scam startjoin. i am still working on what i said i was working on before. it is just taking a long time since its not a full time job and i can only work in my free time. the 21 btc computer took 11 months to make. and they had a team of people.

Glad to see you back Griffith, lifes been hectic which is why many of us dropped what we were doing.  I hope all is well with you, mdtspain same, wishing you all the best in the new year.  May 2016 be a good year for all of us.

Cheers
legendary
February 03, 2016, 02:05:10 PM

Griffith related...

Cry

legendary
February 03, 2016, 11:56:02 AM
i put the coins in for suggestion at poloniex as well,

ill also post an updated version of things at some point today.

ive been a bit quiet recently, had some stuff going on. going to be back into the regular amount of things now.

i have a lot of posts to read and respond to. ill do that in about an hour
February 03, 2016, 10:51:34 AM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1351548.new#new

I'll make it look more professional as time goes by.  I just wanted to get ball rolling.  No time like the present when attempting to revive Supercoin!  
February 03, 2016, 10:46:08 AM
I have left the "team" for several months now. In October 2014 I hired a developer to make the in-wallet-trading for MWC. That development ended in february 2015 and was working for the Cryptsy exchange. The adoption for other exchanges wouldn't be a big thing because the base was all written and working. I have then given the code to Griffith for him to decide when he wanted to launch it. However we agreed not to make the source code public and like that the in wallet trading had to wait until there was an opportunity to keep it closed. The idea was to incorporate it in the Multiwallet. This whole Multiwallet was taking too long IMO and there came a point that I decided for my self that I heard enough and left the team. I am following what is going on here and I also think that Griffith just took too much hay on his fork (thats how we say this in Holland) and really can't finnish what he started

Thanks for your post!

I am considering making a new bitcointalkforum for Supercoin.  I'll post a link when it is ready.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
February 03, 2016, 06:19:41 AM
I think that he will finish it yet that will be an early version. Others will join him and the dev team will grow. 'Longterm' i will hold support and stake ECC MWC and SUPER for a number of reasons incl,

These coins are working, they have strong blockchains, they need more exchanges next.  the promise of a exciting multiwallet development is in its infancy. Its at V1.1...
i dont really care about V1.1 as such, when its up to V5 or V9.1 thats what im looking forward to.

I am also holding my coins for MWC and ECC. I was never into SUPER as a fact the whole team then was having big doubts about SUPER. It was Griffith that had his eyes on SUPER and might hold a lot of then. (not sure about that because I can't look into his wallet).
Activity: 123
NYC NYC NYC
February 03, 2016, 06:13:10 AM
I think that he will finish it yet that will be an early version. Others will join him and the dev team will grow. 'Longterm' i will hold support and stake ECC MWC and SUPER for a number of reasons incl,

These coins are working, they have strong blockchains, they need more exchanges next.  the promise of a exciting multiwallet development is in its infancy. Its at V1.1...
i dont really care about V1.1 as such, when its up to V5 or V9.1 thats what im looking forward to.

Please Vote for SUPER
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting

We are at the top of the paid vote list.....    

Supercoin(SUPER)     26146         530739   
BeezerCoin(BEEZ)     17216         22437   
IsraelCoin(ISR)         2010                 
LYCaN(LYC)                245                 
Neutron(NTRN)          100                 
SakuraCoin(SKR)         22                 
BITBEAN(BITB)          20               
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
February 03, 2016, 05:19:16 AM
I have left the "team" for several months now. In October 2014 I hired a developer to make the in-wallet-trading for MWC. That development ended in february 2015 and was working for the Cryptsy exchange. The adoption for other exchanges wouldn't be a big thing because the base was all written and working. I have then given the code to Griffith for him to decide when he wanted to launch it. However we agreed not to make the source code public and like that the in wallet trading had to wait until there was an opportunity to keep it closed. The idea was to incorporate it in the Multiwallet. This whole Multiwallet was taking too long IMO and there came a point that I decided for my self that I heard enough and left the team. I am following what is going on here and I also think that Griffith just took too much hay on his fork (thats how we say this in Holland) and really can't finnish what he started
Pages:
Jump to: