Author

Topic: ★★ [ANN] ECCoin (ECC) ★★★ ECCoin - Green Future FORK FIXED UPGRADE NEEDED - page 215. (Read 342427 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
https://www.swisscex.com/market/ECC_BTC

we are on 8 exchanges ...

Mintpal you are next !!!
great news

let me add you one more good news

https://linkcoin.com/market/ecc_cny ECC CNY feedback needed
https://linkcoin.com/market/ecc_btc ECC BTC feedback needed
so we are on 9 exchanges!

ECC is rising ... net hashrate is rising ... price is rising ... community is rising

Good job dev & community ... together we are storng
Activity: 266
https://www.swisscex.com/market/ECC_BTC

we are on 8 exchanges ...

Mintpal you are next !!!
great news

let me add you one more good news

https://linkcoin.com/market/ecc_cny ECC CNY feedback needed
https://linkcoin.com/market/ecc_btc ECC BTC feedback needed
so we are on 9 exchanges!
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
Now time to think for those who sold 1 satoshi...

Especially with the 9BTC buy order at 6 Sat that just popped up on CryptoRush.

saw those ones, too -- CryptoRush are full of garbage like that, you can still see the giant candlesticks produced by similarly manufactured action a few days back.

CryptoRush is not a very good exchange anyway (badly implemented, on top of having totally ridiculous Terms of Service with rip-off clauses and some gibberish about four-star hotels for the gentlemen scammers there). I talked to CryptoRush support in order to have that fake action countered by them -- but they came up with lame excuses about why the "cannot do anything". Well, any serious exchange CAN and, curiously, does: I just had a similar scenario at Swisscex, and they handled it professionally! (So it is not even true what CryptoRush are saying there!) Not good, I'd say go somewhere else, CryptoRush really smells Mounty-Goxy :) to me...
Activity: 560
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
So now Mintcoin clones is a thing? Huh

No mention on premine?

Why does this coin exist when the idea has been done a couple times already? (aka. why clone)
Premine mentioned in OP, and 0.99% is very reasonable for me.

Clone to mintcoin... I don't know, but I see some differences: this coin is evenly distributed for 45 days, unlike mintcoin with 7 days halve period, so you did not get in early in mintcoin, then you basically screwed. Another thing is that ECCoin gives out interests for the first 9 years, so after 9 years, it will be deflation and virtually no new generation of the coin, interesting concept and we'll see how good it is.

yes, will be interesting to see, indeed -- particularly as the coin will, then, not have any visible difference from competitors out there like Peercoin: both Eccoin after those 9 yrs and the original PoS coin Peercoin will then be on a par at 1% "interest" from minting. This means that Eccoin will only be successful in the long run if it, for some reason, happens to top Peercoin etc by then. Also not, that Mintcoin offers a better 5% minting reward till infinity.

It **may** be doable for Eccoin though, particularly in light of the much higher minting rewards happening during those first 9 years, but it will also depend on a lot of other factors.

9 years is an eternity in Cryptocurrency. There is an outline plan, but the most important thing is what drives adoption by the largest number of people in the early period.
There are dozens of currencies with great ideas, but most will never make it: this is true of all new technology, there are factors which are beyond the scope of planning. That is why the size and skill of the community is key: innovations can respond to growth and change.
As i told u before ... we are really serious about ECC , i think that together we can do a lot of projects ... so here it is the 1st NGO that officialy accept ECC as donation http://www.familiaverde.ro/donatii_eccoin.html ... now it is only on romanian ... we will soon update the english version and our projects that we will use ECC to promote them.

I updated OP. put this link: http://www.familiaverde.ro/donatii_eccoin.html Also i will  put it in a "special page" dedicated for green world supporters. www.eccoin.cc If there are out there more associations accepting ECC, we can add your links, too.
Activity: 114
I wish people would pull off their sell orders.  Basic economics..and I think we have a small enough market here that we could influence the price by not dumping below 20 sat.  If the sell offers go up all at once, the buy offers will follow...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Remember, there a lot of morons around.
Activity: 504
Merit: 254

Especially with the 9BTC buy order at 6 Sat that just popped up on CryptoRush.
I'm going to have an ECC message released on Weibo (Chinese Twitter) from an account with 35,000 followers and from a twitter account with 400k + followers; but it is going to cost me money out of pocket.  Please, developer - let me know exactly what you'd like the message to say?

When it's out; I'll post links and ask for donations if anyone appreciates the work!
It has to be simple and make sure use our ECC girl attached on your tweets.
If these followers never heard crypto or little before you better tell them. New generation crypto coin ECC, makes you earn first year %25. Take a look. and you give them china link www.eccoin.cc/index-cn.html
if others has better idea look at the posts and choose one you think it's best for them.

Ok, I've just purchased some additional cool graphics for ECC and also a very popular Weibo tweet as well as a Twitter message.  I'll post the results when they are up!  Keep voting on Mintpal!
great!
I read that POS is insecure, does anyone know exactly what that means and does that apply to all POS coins including Mintcoin and ECC?

There are, in fact, two aspects of "coin security" as far as PoS coins like mintcoins, peercoins, or this one here are concenred:

PoS coins are only insecure if handled insecurely, this is not much different from any other Crypto coin (including PoW coins such as bitcoins or litecoins) out there. That perceived risk comes from the necessity to have one's coins in an unlocked "hot" wallet every now and then in order to do the "minting" and hence get the proof-of-stake reward or "interest". It does not mean that coins would have to be held in hot wallets all the time though. In order to receive "interest" of 20% p. a. for Minctoin or, say, 25% p. a. for Eccoin here, coins can be stored in secure cold storage (paper wallets, cold machines or the like) most of the time and only need to be moved to an unlocked hot wallet for minting after a certain period of time (over 20 days for Mintcoin, more than 42 days for Eccoin here). For the rest of the time, and while in secure cold storage, there will not be any additional risk of cracking or the like for your coins.

The other aspect is broader systems security of the entire coin infrastructure. This is actually better for PoS coins than "normal" coins based on PoW only as PoS coins are not vulnerable to attacks of 51% OF HASHING POWER but would require greater than 51% of MINTING VOLUME for a common "51% attack" to succeed. This fact greatly disincentivises any such attack on a PoS coin as potential attackers would have to acquire 51% of all coins in question at great financial cost first -- only to "throw it away" by destroying the coin they hold by their very act. This is, in fact, one of the (several) reasons for PoS to exist: increased overall Crypto coin systems security.
Activity: 72
Really? Im the only one to loose coins on this exchange?

I hope not, but in crypto world you have to prepare for the worst :/ Althou they said only bitcoins was lost and not ecc
Activity: 62
Really? Im the only one to loose coins on this exchange?
Activity: 114
I'm going to have an ECC message released on Weibo (Chinese Twitter) from an account with 35,000 followers and from a twitter account with 400k + followers; but it is going to cost me money out of pocket.  Please, developer - let me know exactly what you'd like the message to say?

When it's out; I'll post links and ask for donations if anyone appreciates the work!
If these followers never heard crypto or little before you better tell them. New generation crypto coin ECC, makes you earn first year %25. Take a look. and you give them china link www.eccoin.cc/index-cn.html
if others has better idea look at the posts and choose one you think it's best for them.

Ok, I've just purchased some additional cool graphics for ECC and also a very popular Weibo tweet as well as a Twitter message.  I'll post the results when they are up!  Keep voting on Mintpal!
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
Activity: 167
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1030
So now Mintcoin clones is a thing? ???

No mention on premine?

Why does this coin exist when the idea has been done a couple times already? (aka. why clone)
Premine mentioned in OP, and 0.99% is very reasonable for me.

Clone to mintcoin... I don't know, but I see some differences: this coin is evenly distributed for 45 days, unlike mintcoin with 7 days halve period, so you did not get in early in mintcoin, then you basically screwed. Another thing is that ECCoin gives out interests for the first 9 years, so after 9 years, it will be deflation and virtually no new generation of the coin, interesting concept and we'll see how good it is.

yes, will be interesting to see, indeed -- particularly as the coin will, then, not have any visible difference from competitors out there like Peercoin: both Eccoin after those 9 yrs and the original PoS coin Peercoin will then be on a par at 1% "interest" from minting. This means that Eccoin will only be successful in the long run if it, for some reason, happens to top Peercoin etc by then. Also not, that Mintcoin offers a better 5% minting reward till infinity.

It **may** be doable for Eccoin though, particularly in light of the much higher minting rewards happening during those first 9 years, but it will also depend on a lot of other factors.
Jump to: