Author

Topic: ★★ [ANN] ECCoin (ECC) ★★★ ECCoin - Green Future FORK FIXED UPGRADE NEEDED - page 227. (Read 342427 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Hi guys, I need help, i'm trying to figure out how to solo mine on my linux box for the first time.

Here's how far I got, please tell me where i'm messing things up

I have copied the ECCoin.conf in to my /home/user/.ECCoin folder.

I then used the following command to start the qt- server:

./eccoin-qt -server

The next stage I tried was to use the following command in cgminer:

./cgminer --scrypt -o localhost:10119 -u user -p password

This is where I get the following error:

[2014-03-20 17:14:59] Started cgminer 3.7.2
 [2014-03-20 17:15:00] Probing for an alive pool
 [2014-03-20 17:15:00] Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid

Pleas help me out, can anyone see where I'm going wrong?

Thanks
1) you cant find block with solo mining anymore... (you need to use pools)
2) you need a GPU to mine...
3) you better search on youtube & google how to solo mine scrypt or use this forum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=40.0
4) use correct port from OP.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Hi guys, I need help, i'm trying to figure out how to solo mine on my linux box for the first time.

Here's how far I got, please tell me where i'm messing things up

I have copied the ECCoin.conf in to my /home/user/.ECCoin folder.

I then used the following command to start the qt- server:

./eccoin-qt -server

The next stage I tried was to use the following command in cgminer:

./cgminer --scrypt -o localhost:10119 -u user -p password

This is where I get the following error:

[2014-03-20 17:15:00] Probing for an alive pool
 [2014-03-20 17:15:00] Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid

Pleas help me out, can anyone see where I'm going wrong?

Thanks
Activity: 336
i just voted on mintpal have you HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I wish CryptoRush would fix their trading engine so that whatever keeps buying 1 or 2 ECC at way above the market price didn't keep stuffing up the charts. It should be impossible to buy above the highest ask price in a well-coded exchange.

+1 Agreed!
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
I wish CryptoRush would fix their trading engine so that whatever keeps buying 1 or 2 ECC at way above the market price didn't keep stuffing up the charts. It should be impossible to buy above the highest ask price in a well-coded exchange.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Buy orders @3
Sell orders @5

Who will make the first move? Huh
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I see, guess i didn't realize wallets were what was gonna be securing the network vs miners. Thanks.
So after PoW stage and miners move on, at least most, how likely/easily will it be for 51% attack?
Attacker has to own or buy %51 of cryptos... which is nearly impossible.
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
So after PoW stage and miners move on, at least most, how likely/easily will it be for 51% attack?

Extremely difficult as transactions will be confirmed by wallets that are left open for PoS minting. You'd have to own a very high percentage of all available coins in order to successfully execute such an attack. It's one of the many beautiful things about PoS - no reliance on power-hungry, not to mention fickle, miners in order to keep the blockchain secure once the PoS phase is reached.
Activity: 210
Activity: 210

Come join us!

• Hosted in Canada
  • Low Latency P2Pool Node
  • 1% Fee
  • Transaction Fees Paid to Miners
  • No Signup Required
  • Payouts Directly to Wallet
  • Unique P2Pool Frontend
Activity: 140
Last 31 Days, 16 Hours, 19 Minutes for ending PoW stage.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
ECCoin is a great concept, I like the idea of proof-of-stake Cryptos and electricity-saving Crypto coins! Any coin using less energy than bitcoins (or fiat, that is) is good: please note that government fiat uses EVEN MORE energy than bitcoins (have you ever figured how much energy fiat money printing, fiat transactional electricity/clearing, physical bills and coins logistics, distribution, destruction of worn-out bills and coins, and recycling consumes? Not to mention security, forensics and crime investigation after a bank robbery...!)

Bitcoin is relatively good (better than fiat) already, the evident issues with wasting power on its part need to be solved by competing Crypto coins that are simply better at these particular matters. This is the general idea of a free market and competing currencies anyway.

With ECCoin's 1% PoS reward after 9 years (or the 1% rate of "minting" after 9 years), I don't see the attraction of ECC over PPC (peercoins) though -- as that very Crypto coin has precisely the same situation that EEcoin will have after those initial 9 years out in the future.

Adding to the overall picture, MINT (or mintcoins) will offer a more attractive 5% PoS reward FOREVER and hence will be more attractive to merchants, private holders/investors and other stake holders than either PPC or ECC.

That said, it will be up to ECCoin and the overall ECC community to gather wider acceptance during those initial 9 years of "advantage over PPC" in order to succeed in the above mentioned competition of currencies. THIS initial period will either make or break ECC against its closest competitors.

So let's do it, introduce ECC to a wider market and build a REAL economy (of everyday uses of ECC) around it in order to succeed.

To the (da) Moon then Smiley

Agree with all... However 9 years is an eternity in Crypto. Higher PoS is a vital medium term incentive for adoption and holding (essentially maintenance of network), but a longer term disincentive for using and transacting. 1% is a viable long term PoS, once the network is big enough, and adoption is widespread.

This is the stumbling block for all cryptos:  Long term structure against short term survival.  I would bet at least 99 % of coins will not survive the initial 3 years it took BTC to gain a foothold.
Voting every day, every hour Smiley
The coin is doing great so far ! We just need some more exposure and getting on more exchanges and it will start growing pretty fast.
The prices right now are very very good for buying, soon you wont be able to see this prices again.
Agreed + Lets keep voting.
Jump to: