Author

Topic: ★★ [ANN] ECCoin (ECC) ★★★ ECCoin - Green Future FORK FIXED UPGRADE NEEDED - page 228. (Read 342427 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Voting every day, every hour Smiley
The coin is doing great so far ! We just need some more exposure and getting on more exchanges and it will start growing pretty fast.
The prices right now are very very good for buying, soon you wont be able to see this prices again.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1014
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
ECCoin is a great concept, I like the idea of proof-of-stake Cryptos and electricity-saving Crypto coins! Any coin using less energy than bitcoins (or fiat, that is) is good: please note that government fiat uses EVEN MORE energy than bitcoins (have you ever figured how much energy fiat money printing, fiat transactional electricity/clearing, physical bills and coins logistics, distribution, destruction of worn-out bills and coins, and recycling consumes? Not to mention security, forensics and crime investigation after a bank robbery...!)

Bitcoin is relatively good (better than fiat) already, the evident issues with wasting power on its part need to be solved by competing Crypto coins that are simply better at these particular matters. This is the general idea of a free market and competing currencies anyway.

With ECCoin's 1% PoS reward after 9 years (or the 1% rate of "minting" after 9 years), I don't see the attraction of ECC over PPC (peercoins) though -- as that very Crypto coin has precisely the same situation that EEcoin will have after those initial 9 years out in the future.

Adding to the overall picture, MINT (or mintcoins) will offer a more attractive 5% PoS reward FOREVER and hence will be more attractive to merchants, private holders/investors and other stake holders than either PPC or ECC.

That said, it will be up to ECCoin and the overall ECC community to gather wider acceptance during those initial 9 years of "advantage over PPC" in order to succeed in the above mentioned competition of currencies. THIS initial period will either make or break ECC against its closest competitors.

So let's do it, introduce ECC to a wider market and build a REAL economy (of everyday uses of ECC) around it in order to succeed.

To the (da) Moon then Smiley
+1
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
ECCoin is a great concept, I like the idea of proof-of-stake Cryptos and electricity-saving Crypto coins! Any coin using less energy than bitcoins (or fiat, that is) is good: please note that government fiat uses EVEN MORE energy than bitcoins (have you ever figured how much energy fiat money printing, fiat transactional electricity/clearing, physical bills and coins logistics, distribution, destruction of worn-out bills and coins, and recycling consumes? Not to mention security, forensics and crime investigation after a bank robbery...!)

Bitcoin is relatively good (better than fiat) already, the evident issues with wasting power on its part need to be solved by competing Crypto coins that are simply better at these particular matters. This is the general idea of a free market and competing currencies anyway.

With ECCoin's 1% PoS reward after 9 years (or the 1% rate of "minting" after 9 years), I don't see the attraction of ECC over PPC (peercoins) though -- as that very Crypto coin has precisely the same situation that EEcoin will have after those initial 9 years out in the future.

Adding to the overall picture, MINT (or mintcoins) will offer a more attractive 5% PoS reward FOREVER and hence will be more attractive to merchants, private holders/investors and other stake holders than either PPC or ECC.

That said, it will be up to ECCoin and the overall ECC community to gather wider acceptance during those initial 9 years of "advantage over PPC" in order to succeed in the above mentioned competition of currencies. THIS initial period will either make or break ECC against its closest competitors.

So let's do it, introduce ECC to a wider market and build a REAL economy (of everyday uses of ECC) around it in order to succeed.

To the (da) Moon then :)
i just wrote them about this we will see how goes.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
The site  https://coinplorer.com/

is more than just a block explorer. It is a good comparison site which has value added.

They will list ECC for a fee. 

There are other sites which bring value to new coins for a fee: I am canvassing community opinion on them.

Which sites do community members here feel are worth a listing for ECC, and would you donate to a general fund for this purpose ?
We are on coinmarketcap.com

77    ECCoin   $ 132,795   $ 2.4e-05   5,493,475,132 ECC   $ 3,153   
Thansk for good news!

http://coinmarketcap.com/volume.html#ecc it only shows volume from allcoin.com so actually 2-3 times more at cryptorush.in
I posted them here for a additional exchange (CryptoRush) inclusion. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5799952

Thanks for good news!

http://coinmarketcap.com/volume.html#ecc it only shows volume from allcoin.com so actually 2-3 times more at cryptorush.in
Activity: 560

so who runs http://ecc-dice.coinpeddle.com/ ?

They have 400k of my ECC and won't let me withdraw.
we sponsored that site and loaded 1-2m bounty ECC. We asked game dev to make table stable he did no matter he set it keep losing, i asked game dev to fix issue he told he did but seems not a good game, table keep losing. Asked one final time to fix otherwise it'll be removed from OP. So dont play anymore on that site.
Activity: 558
Question:  I have just updated to the new version of the Mac wallet and I noticed the new button for locking/unlocking the wallet.  I haven't locked it, yet the button is labelled "Unlock" --- but is greyed out so I have no way to click it. 

Not sure if this means it is currently locked and so can't do POS, or if it hasn't been locked and the button is just mislabeled.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Only if your wallet is locked, then the "unlock wallet" button will be enabled. Otherwise don't worry, you will mine pos blocks automatically

We received so many question regarding pos recently. Also from ecoiner.org http://ecoiner.org/newbies/question-kept-paid-1312/
I updated FAQ hope it helps.

OK, that's what I figured; I'm familiar with how POS works from Mint and other coins. It just was the first wallet I remember seeing with an unlock button, so I figured I'd double-check it worked the way I expected from other coins. Thanks.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
so who runs http://ecc-dice.coinpeddle.com/ ?

They have 400k of my ECC and won't let me withdraw.
Activity: 513
Crypto ehalvers
Having some trouble getting me wallet to sync.....

Any tricks? got the ECCcoin.conf in the ECCcoin folder in roaming.

Are the add nodes in the first post not working anymore?

AddPortMapping(19118, 19118, 192.168.1.4) failed with code 402 (Invalid Args)

getting that and the usual IRC connect failed
We received so many question regarding pos recently. Also from ecoiner.org http://ecoiner.org/newbies/question-kept-paid-1312/
I updated FAQ hope it helps.
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
Question:  I have just updated to the new version of the Mac wallet and I noticed the new button for locking/unlocking the wallet.  I haven't locked it, yet the button is labelled "Unlock" --- but is greyed out so I have no way to click it. 

Not sure if this means it is currently locked and so can't do POS, or if it hasn't been locked and the button is just mislabeled.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Only if your wallet is locked, then the "unlock wallet" button will be enabled. Otherwise don't worry, you will mine pos blocks automatically
Activity: 558

A lot of interest on cryptorush  24Hr Vol: 9.1012 BTC .. now i think they are happy that they list ECC

https://ipominer.com/stats - currently mining ecc

Net hashrate 2.27

This pool is part of www.multipool.us one of biggest multi pool around. They follow and mine only promising cryptos. I am happy to see ECC being mined by many.

Congratulations, but are you certain that one is owned by the other? They are obviously using the same software, but it's probably open source.

They look separate to me. Multipool.us is owned by CryptoFish, LLC., which is located in California, USA. The whois information backs that up.

ipominer.com seems to be its own company. According to the whois information, it's in Paris, France. It is registered in a completely different way than Multipool.us was.

ADDED:
After more than a month of invitation-only beta tests, we have now opened registration to everyone. We offer the same familiar interface, proven code, and experienced team that is responsible for one of the largest switching pools today -- the original multipool, Multipool.us.

Huh! OK, it's the same people, but I wonder if they sold off Multipool.us and started another one?

Multipool sector is already too much competition. And getting less profitable everyday. The only way to win in this wild competition. Find promising cryptos which can really benefit dramatically. Or you develop something new in mining so can offer %10 or more profit from others.

You could buy ECC 1 satoshi a week ago now it's already 5. When we compare ECC with some other models you can better see golden stone here. It's great and actually only time to mine. And those miners will be highly rewarded by extra stakes in first year and following 10 years.

Jump to: